List Mgmt. All Trades and Draft Part 2- Draft edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with this do teams still call the players name out and gold goast then swoop in and go oooooooh nah nah actually we want him!!! And you pick again?
Or do they have to sign them upfront before the draft and if it gets to the draft they are fair game?
Surely its the latter

I believe it is the latter, as the region has been exempted from the normal academy bidding process:

14.4 Listing of Club Academy Player
(a) Players Eligible
Subject to Rule 14.4(d), a Club may include a Club Academy Player on its Primary List or Rookie List if he has been domiciled in the Club’s Academy Region for a period of 5 continuous years immediately prior to attaining draft eligibility age, unless otherwise approved by the AFL.

However, it is unlikely much, if any, value will remain as they can pre-list players to an expanded rookie list as part of it:

It will also get Darwin as part of its expanded Academy access zone, while it will be able to pre-list players out of that region without the AFL's normal bidding processes.

The final part of its assistance package will be the ability to rookie up to 10 players.

I don’t think it’s all about where Freo Pick Henry as they still have s good hand ..
Pick 7 - Henry / Robertson
Pick 12 -Henry, Robertson,Rivers Jackson
Pick 18 Rivers ,Jackson and a small fwd Kysiah Pickett..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They would still hold a strong hand but pick 6 would have been massively better.

6, 7 and Henry vs 7, Henry and 18 is a huge f u c up to me.

We will never know what could have been, because Freo came out guns blazing only to shoot themselves in the foot.

I believe it is the latter, as the region has been exempted from the normal academy bidding process:

14.4 Listing of Club Academy Player
(a) Players Eligible
Subject to Rule 14.4(d), a Club may include a Club Academy Player on its Primary List or Rookie List if he has been domiciled in the Club’s Academy Region for a period of 5 continuous years immediately prior to attaining draft eligibility age, unless otherwise approved by the AFL.

However, it is unlikely much, if any, value will remain as they can pre-list players to an expanded rookie list as part of it:

It will also get Darwin as part of its expanded Academy access zone, while it will be able to pre-list players out of that region without the AFL's normal bidding processes.

The final part of its assistance package will be the ability to rookie up to 10 players.

Even with the existing academy and father son discount, I thought you had to prelist the players before the draft and the actual players had to confirm sign off.

It has happened where kids have been linked to 2 teams, they have had to choose which team gets them.

Also with later prospects you had to end up selecting them, eg Waterman was the last pick in the draft and we had to use a pick on him, we couldn’t nominate him then use a rookie pick on him.

Though if someone else bids the team decides if they match. I can only think of 1 or 2 instances when teams haven’t matched.

That pick swap with Brisbane is interesting.

52 plus 64 for 46.

Will the Lions use 64?

Almost looks like they did us a favour.
Would not be surprised if we end up taking one of future 3rd round picks and pick 46 to improve our draft position during live trading. Ending up with a better or similar pick to what 33 would have been. Then making it look like what we gave up for Kelly was 14/24 and future 1st. And 24 being the original pick we live traded with Sydney in 2018 for this years third round pick

Would not be surprised if we end up taking one of future 3rd round picks and pick 46 to improve our draft position during live trading. Ending up with a better or similar pick to what 33 would have been. Then making it look like what we gave up for Kelly was 14/24 and future 1st. And 24 being the original pick we live traded with Sydney in 2018 for this years third round pick

We could.

Doesnt need to be live trading. Even after trade period is closed clubs can trade picks up until the draft and then on the night.

AFL.com (yes I know, not a trusted source) reporting today they wanted 6 + 2020 R1 + 2020 R3 (not sure if the saints have multiple R2/R3 in 2020 - if not they couldn't do this anyway).

That is asking for massive overs - those 3 picks are worth more than we paid for Kelly.
Has anyone told the Saints to tell Freo they can eat a bag of dicks?

The media saying star Eagles have taken a pay cut to get TK. Wow.
5 mill. He's up there with Gov and NN? Or above?
Does that make him the highest paid at WCE?
That's a lot of pressure.
Wonder what Shuey and Yeo and Gaff get?

The Herald Sun was the only paper I saw it in and even then they said "almost". If it was $800K a year that would be $4.8M. Naitanui already had a big cut in June when he re-signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did that themselves, by trading away pick 6

So freo fans thought that they made us pay more by hinting about getting kelly, making us (apparently) overpay.

Pats on the back.

But then as a result, Bell inflates his demands, thinking market inflated. St kilda then called their bluff on them due to greed and no pick 6.

What’s best is that they may lose pick 12 as good chance someone bids on Henry. So they will have to package picks now higher and as we know, you generally pay overs for that.

So after offering pick 6 straight out, freo May only get, say, pick 9 or 8 for him if they trade up.

And what’s best, there are apparently no good people in WA that can run Freo. No good CEOs. How is that possible? Or no one wants to be a CEO to a president whose career is built on ripping people off when they build their house (Alcock is probably better than most, but it’s still a dog eat dog eat owner industry).

enjoy the ride. People do talk about Nisbett but the club is at least stable and on same page. Have a look at Essendon after a scandal, Carlton early 2000s and Adelaide. People picked this club up very quickly to ensure we do not turn into a rabble.

Pina anyone ?
Pina anyone ?
Both J. Jackson and Pina good options late... I'd be happy with Pina at 46 if others were gone.

Rookie pick must is Oscar Lewis, Sandy Dragons. Tested best repeat sprints ever (earlier in season). Tall quick dashing hbf, but reckon he looks primed as developing midfielder. Good skills without being elite, still raw and in an environment like ours could become a gun. Had all the attributes.
Vic metros last game he was almost best on.

So freo fans thought that they made us pay more by hinting about getting kelly, making us (apparently) overpay.

Pats on the back.

But then as a result, Bell inflates his demands, thinking market inflated. St kilda then called their bluff on them due to greed and no pick 6.

What’s best is that they may lose pick 12 as good chance someone bids on Henry. So they will have to package picks now higher and as we know, you generally pay overs for that.

So after offering pick 6 straight out, freo May only get, say, pick 9 or 8 for him if they trade up.

And what’s best, there are apparently no good people in WA that can run Freo. No good CEOs. How is that possible? Or no one wants to be a CEO to a president whose career is built on ripping people off when they build their house (Alcock is probably better than most, but it’s still a dog eat dog eat owner industry).

enjoy the ride. People do talk about Nisbett but the club is at least stable and on same page. Have a look at Essendon after a scandal, Carlton early 2000s and Adelaide. People picked this club up very quickly to ensure we do not turn into a rabble.
Think bell may have little man syndrome and wants to avoid getting a sore neck as he is generally bringing in vertically challenged ppl (Carr, garlick, kept Alcock).

Also, astutely thinking about the savings he can make on physio bills...

In other news ( I know it's already been posted) Looks like HT's gynecologist stikes again lol

Both J. Jackson and Pina good options late... I'd be happy with Pina at 46 if others were gone.

Rookie pick must is Oscar Lewis, Sandy Dragons. Tested best repeat sprints ever (earlier in season). Tall quick dashing hbf, but reckon he looks primed as developing midfielder. Good skills without being elite, still raw and in an environment like ours could become a gun. Had all the attributes.

Always room for another Oscar.

Well they can fu** right off. He’s under rated imo and would be a very good replacement as CEO when Nisbett eventually pulls the pin
Probably worth a thread.
Is there someone earmarked from within the club, or would it be better to get someone from outside that may be better at making the hard calls, not so emotionally invested?

With Burton being let go at Adelaide I feel they will target Vozzo to replace him.

First they take Pyke, then Hawks take Mitchell, now the Crows want Vozzo. Pretty soon ep2018 will have no one to blame us not winning the premiership on.

Like Lewis and he wouldn’t be out of place in any discussions @46 but he is one who could be still around with our latter pick .
Don’t mind Ralphsmith either while we are talking Sandy Dragons .

Louis Bulter looks a terrific prospect and at 46 would be value ( I rate Louis ahead of Pina ) Butlers decision making and close checking in defence were impressive at the Champs , where he played mostly in defence .
I understand Butler played some games on the wing at the Dragons.... your thoughts?
I think he has a heap of upside and he has a high footy IQ.

..... speaking of value where do you see Ryan Byrnes coming off the board ?

Would be interested to hear your thoughts of which of the Dragons boys finished the season out strongly post Champs.

First they take Pyke, then Hawks take Mitchell, now the Crows want Vozzo. Pretty soon ep2018 will have no one to blame us not winning the premiership on.

And North took Rawlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back