Am I a 'real Freo Supporter'??.....well am I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is a "purple patch" actually designed to wean people off Fremantle?

On a side note, I already play lawn bowls. The singles championship keeps me away from the first game of the season every year (how does that work with an alternating fixture?). I am currently pushing for a change in fixturing.........in our bowls league.

@Clay Oh I agree with a lot of that. I do think players, coaching and administration have been disappointing (at times even infuriating) this year. I only took objection to the 'only winning matters'-philosophy. I do think that as a club we can get much more out of this team than we do at the moment.

I like the addiction criteria... although it's a bit alarming as well :p

Well I think I might be "recovering". My cousin invited me to visit her in Albany this weekend to jam & record and I reflexively said no because there is no guarantee I'll be able to watch the game (don't think she even has a TV). Then I thought, fk it! Who cares, we are only going to lose anyway & I'll spend Saturday night depressed and angry venting on here so I changed my mind and said yes. Going to go to Albany and play music all weekend, fk the footy. I feel so much better!
And there, I suppose, goes any credibility I ever had as hardcore Freo.
I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

You're not fooling anyone E Shed. You'll listen to the game on the radio Friday night on the way down. ;)

If you're going earlier, I can assure you that Albany has many fine venues where you can watch the game and pay for your drinks by playing a gig. Win/win. :thumbsu:

I'm seriously debating not going to the Collingwood game already. first game i would miss in 8 years simply because i know we're going to get done by 100 points and the boys won't give a yelp.

Freo have not lost a game at home by more than 68 points since 2002.....

The Collingwood game will be interesting in that context.

In the meantime, I have adopted a league side as a result of going to the NRL match in Perth earlier this year. South Sydney are a worse side over the last 17 years than Freo, but are in the same ladder position as Freo with three rounds to go and have a better chance of sneaking into the 8. And even if they f*ck it all up, well at least I will be able to handle defeat much better than a Freo loss. Unlike Freo they have a long long history, have tasted lots of success and are not 'soft'.

You're not fooling anyone E Shed. You'll listen to the game on the radio Friday night on the way down. ;)

If you're going earlier, I can assure you that Albany has many fine venues where you can watch the game and pay for your drinks by playing a gig. Win/win. :thumbsu:

Yeah but it's Sat night. I'll be ensconced with my hippie TV-less cousin by then. It will be radio or at worst the Aussie Rules iPhone app. I missed the away game V Richmond this year as I was in the desert with no radio or Internet. I'm not sure if it was worse finding out the score later or listening to the train wreck in real time.

I'm seriously debating not going to the Collingwood game already. first game i would miss in 8 years simply because i know we're going to get done by 100 points and the boys won't give a yelp.

I'm not going....I don't have it in me. Will be simply depressing night for FFC.

Lol. I was asked about whether I thought Freo had a chance against the Pies.

"I have been having nightmares about it since the derby loss, so, no."

Still going though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your having that dream too?

Kind of, I'm just a step advanced.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...s-grieving-wife-mourn-his-death_n_921416.html

Losing a loved one is never easy, but when 26-year-old Casie lost her husband, Shawn, to a sudden asthma attack, the grieving process went in a direction she never expected.

Casie, a resident of Fayetteville, Tenn., appeared on the season finale of the TLC series My Strange Addiction found herself eating his cremated ashes as a form of comfort.

Well bloody Freo contributed to the ending of a year and a half relationship that I had.

I tell you right now, all she wanted was one footy free weekend and I couldn't even give her that because of my obsession for the purple army.

I put Freo first and in doing so, confirmed in my mind that I will be unlikely to date someone until I get my priorities in order.

The ironic part - ever since then I've missed more Freo games than normal to spend time with friends plus I've detached myself a bit towards the end of the season due to resignation of the team failing

Bloody Fremantle *shakes head sadly*

God this thread is depressing and I'm looking forward to bumping it on Sunday morning after we get a win against north.

I'm actually quite shocked how defeatist some people on here are.

We had a very poor game(obviously not the first for year) on the weekend against a team who's strength(ie an A grade midfield) matched up really well against us. The real test will be how we bounce back from it.

Otherwise, its RWC and cricket time...

Has anyone else here honestly pondered whether you'll see FFC win a premiership(s) before you die?

Many a time... but that's never going to stop me supporting the club.

I still get a lot of enjoyment out of following footy if I approach it in the right way and there's more to it than just the ultimate goal. If there wasn't then every soccer club in England besides the top 6 or so would wither and die.

And that's why I was serious when I said I'd kill myself before following the eagles (not that I would ever do either). I can't control the fortunes of my footy team but I can control the sort of person I want to be - and if I ever become the sort of person who betrays my loyalties just to bask in the shallow reflective glow of other people's glory I've completely failed myself.

God this thread is depressing and I'm looking forward to bumping it on Sunday morning after we get a win against north.

I'm actually quite shocked how defeatist some people on here are.

We had a very poor game(obviously not the first for year) on the weekend against a team who's strength(ie an A grade midfield) matched up really well against us. The real test will be how we bounce back from it.

Otherwise, its RWC and cricket time...

Do you actually genuinely, really truly believe that Freo (this years model) can beat north in Melbourne? They always flog us over there. Always. They have a super midfield and we have Sandi, Mundy and Barlow on 1 leg between them. We have no forward line, no system, no confidence and seemingly, no resolve left.
Not a frigging chance. They will kick 8 in about the first 10 minutes and that will be that.

I have to agree with E.

When was the last time we beat north in a H&A game in Melbourne??? (NAB Cup Murphy goal at the end doesn't count)

edit: Just looked it up.... 2003 at the MCG by 1 point was the last time we beat NM in Melbourne. (Mind you for like 5 years we only played them at Subi)

http://finalsiren.com/PreviousGames.asp?PrevTeam1ID=1&PrevTeam2ID=2&Team1ID=11&Team2ID=6&Go=Go

Also interesting to note we have never beaten them at Etihad/Colonial/Telstra stadium....

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I a 'real Freo Supporter'??.....well am I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back