Am I a 'real Freo Supporter'??.....well am I.

Remove this Banner Ad

I found a girl who is not only a Fremantle supporter, but is also keen to watch games not involving Fremantle and discuss various aspects of said games.

Obviously I married her.

In round 24 we'll have as good a team that we've played all year. We'll probably have a better team round 24 this year than round 1 2012 (due to ageing of key players, possible retirements, etc)

[FONT=&quot]We'll have a better team on paper yes. But we've got Sandi, Mundy and Barlow all coming back from injury. The guys are low on confidence, and we've been rooting around with positions and game plan all year.

The recent draftees will have another pre-season in them. We'll have gotten a bunch of guys back from injury (and hopefully they'll stay back). Harvey should have some new coaches to add support.

True... Grover will be a year older, as will Rog and either or both might retire. But we can play Broughton or Suban in Rog's spot and play SNOS, JA or Faulks at FB.

I can understand the negativity for sure. It's been a pretty disheartening few weeks. But the Weagles have proven that a pre-season is a long time in footy. I still reckon our results in the next three games have little direct bearing on where we finish next year. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]True... Grover will be a year older, as will Rog and either or both might retire. But we can play Broughton or Suban in Rog's spot and play SNOS, JA or Faulks at FB. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

I spoke to Rog on the weekend and he said he is definately keen to play on next year.....hopefully his body will allow it!!

Sure does. But there are a number of teams below us with the potential to improve, and if we can't put it together in the stretch home, you have to wonder whether the side has what it takes to compete for finals next year.

Interesting point, but regardless of what happens this season, I personally feel our off season movements (or lack of) within our football department will determine a few outcomes on field next year, whether we have a full fit squad to select from or not.

I found a girl who is not only a Fremantle supporter, but is also keen to watch games not involving Fremantle and discuss various aspects of said games.

Obviously I married her.

Lucky gal.. and here I was hoping you were single.;)

I don't think so.....why would he be?

Maybe he's just deluded.

His body is stuffed, and even then, I can't see a role in the team because the 2 or 3 games he has played over the last few years he has been woeful.

His time is up. It's that simple. He's been one of my favourite Freo players, but he's doing himself a disservice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you actually genuinely, really truly believe that Freo (this years model) can beat north in Melbourne? They always flog us over there. Always. They have a super midfield and we have Sandi, Mundy and Barlow on 1 leg between them. We have no forward line, no system, no confidence and seemingly, no resolve left.
Not a frigging chance. They will kick 8 in about the first 10 minutes and that will be that.

Well it took them a bit longer to skip clear but really was there any doubt about it 10 minutes in?

Yeah, I actually believe we can. We'll have more quality on the park, we just need to turn up to play and keep the intensity going for 4 quarters. Probably have one of our best sides out for the season even if a few are a bit underdone. North are a good honest side but they are no Collingwood.

Can't wait to see what Collingwood do to us then....

Maybe next week eh?

What, that we get beaten by 200+?

I think any 'real' freo supporter can be forgiven for being livid this week and being critical even if its irrational. If you aren't really pissed off then you can't care that much.

Agreed. This is right up there with the worst efforts I've seen from our club - and not a good sign that we are stringing so many poor efforts together back to back. If that is the effort our "best team of the season" produces, goodness gracious me what will we do when our fringe players get a game?

Can't wait to see what Collingwood do to us then....

Should be a thrashing, real question for me will be how many players we send off for surgery/rest, how any fringe players play, and whether we keep dropping our heads and not chasing. We do that again and a few careers could well be over - and heaps of pressure comes on Harvey...

Well it took them a bit longer to skip clear but really was there any doubt about it 10 minutes in?

You mean the point in the game where Broughton showed how disinterested he was in playing by watching a NM player stroll in for goal instead of tackling him? Wasn't the only time in the game either.

Nobody could support that shit, or any of the other shit that went on.

Well done to Silvagni, Mzungu and a few others who put up a fight though. :thumbsu:

I am not so sure what a real supporter is anymore however I think have a good idea what a freo victim is

I finally managed to convert my partner into being a freo supporter. I've been apologising all year. I think it counts as some sort of spousal abuse. I really should have thought that one through better.

Maybe next week eh?

No, that's it for me this year....lost faith in the team now, whether its due to injuries, coaching or lack of intent.

Just hope we have a huge review into what's gone wrong, especially in regards to the fitness staff and coaching panel. Even our drafting last year was average.

We could have had two WA boys in Darling & Fasolo, but took Pitt and Michie instead, now they may turn out to be good players in time but right now you'd say we got it badly wrong.

Ah well at least we won the cricket...

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I a 'real Freo Supporter'??.....well am I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back