Am I a 'real Freo Supporter'??.....well am I.

Remove this Banner Ad

BPG....you completely miss the point of this thread. It was not in any way shape or form having a go at you.....nor do I have any desire to argue with you
..but I must defend myself after such an attack.

I didn't suggest that you were .frothing at the mouth or any such thing and you may note that I have already apoligised for giving you the shits in another thread. You seemed like a very nice bloke...and if you reread my post you may see that the point I'm making is that you got me thinking....and I accept that you may well be right.

You're account of events is completely ott imho. A large part of the game...was less than a qtr, I was asked to leave the general bar area along with about 30 other people because standings around the bars is apparently prohibited (something I didn't know ergh)

So standing up and cheering goals at volume doesn't count as positive then. I understand you're annoyance....but saying that I behave like that regularly is bs. I haven't sat in those seats for years...as I explained at the game, this is my first year in these seats, after moving from the wings to get a bit higher up, furthermore I have been away for a lot of games this year....so people that you spoke to might have me mistaken I think!

So...making me out as somekind of drunkard repetative negative tirader is unfair.

I am coming to the belief that if we as paying members continue to accept the type of mediocrity that was served up by our team on Saturday then real success is an awful long way of. My hope was that this thread would stimulate discussion about the real state of mind of freo supporters. It's a shame that it's degeneratd into this carp.

I stand by the playing group from Saturday giving up their match payments....but asking for it to go back to the members sounds a little vindictive. On second thoughts, perhaps they're could donate them to charity......

Best.

I have to agree with the comment that being 'asked' to leave a bar isn't a capitol crime. Who doesn't want to feel comfortably numb whilst watching Freo' lately...

I have to agree with the comment that being 'asked' to leave a bar isn't a capitol crime. Who doesn't want to feel comfortably numb whilst watching Freo' lately...

I live in England these days so some bars would suggest that my random bouts of rage were unwarranted. But then it's my fault for drinking alone at 10 in the morning.

I live in England these days so some bars would suggest that my random bouts of rage were unwarranted. But then it's my fault for drinking alone at 10 in the morning.

I would think Mother England has a few more pressing concerns to worry about lately other than a bloke getting a little emotional watching the footy in a pub at 10am enjoying a few pints... ;)

I would think Mother England has a few more pressing concerns to worry about lately other than a bloke getting a little emotional watching the footy in a pub at 10am enjoying a few pints... ;)

I can't promise that I didn't blackout and somehow become involved. I was always a fan of running through the streets, waving my hands and screaming like a rampaging moron. It just seems right that I may have been in my element.

Who made BenInPurple judge jury and executioner when deciding the how/when/where on how to support a team. Not everyone is the "perfect fan" you claim to be because they have a different reason and different set of circumstances which bring them to support the club. Your outburst sounds very condescending and demeaning. Sounds like you get a gitty thrill from putting other fans down while claming moral superiority over other fans around you

Who made BenInPurple judge jury and executioner when deciding the how/when/where on how to support a team. Not everyone is the "perfect fan" you claim to be because they have a different reason and different set of circumstances which bring them to support the club. Your outburst sounds very condescending and demeaning. Sounds like you get a gitty thrill from putting other fans down while claming moral superiority over other fans around you

makes sense to me !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was no outburst, it was a quiet comment spoken only to Dockshark, spoken very calmly and (as he points out in his original post) only in response to him having a go at me (for about the thrid or fourth time) for how positive I was being.

If someone has a go at me, I think I'm entitled to reply. Oh, and what I said was there is a difference between paying for a Freo membership and being a real Freo supporter, and I didn't think from his constant negativity that he was the latter. I've never made a negative comment about any Freo fan before (mind you I've never been sledged for being positive before either - usually I'm the pessismist) - and I've got every reason to think I'll never have to put up with that again.

BPG....you completely miss the point of this thread. It was not in any way shape or form having a go at you.....nor do I have any desire to argue with you
..but I must defend myself after such an attack.

I didn't suggest that you were .frothing at the mouth or any such thing and you may note that I have already apoligised for giving you the shits in another thread. You seemed like a very nice bloke...and if you reread my post you may see that the point I'm making is that you got me thinking....and I accept that you may well be right.

You're account of events is completely ott imho. A large part of the game...was less than a qtr, I was asked to leave the general bar area along with about 30 other people because standings around the bars is apparently prohibited (something I didn't know ergh)

So standing up and cheering goals at volume doesn't count as positive then. I understand you're annoyance....but saying that I behave like that regularly is bs. I haven't sat in those seats for years...as I explained at the game, this is my first year in these seats, after moving from the wings to get a bit higher up, furthermore I have been away for a lot of games this year....so people that you spoke to might have me mistaken I think!

So...making me out as somekind of drunkard repetative negative tirader is unfair.

I am coming to the belief that if we as paying members continue to accept the type of mediocrity that was served up by our team on Saturday then real success is an awful long way of. My hope was that this thread would stimulate discussion about the real state of mind of freo supporters. It's a shame that it's degeneratd into this carp.

I stand by the playing group from Saturday giving up their match payments....but asking for it to go back to the members sounds a little vindictive. On second thoughts, perhaps they're could donate them to charity......

Best.

Your original post wasn't a fair representation of what happened during the course of the game, of what I said to you, or of what you did and said during the game, and neither is the post above.

Sitting between Memories and Clay (now that's a whole 'nother thread - which BF posters would be best/worst to sit next to at the footy...) would have been more interesting because while they would likely have been critical, their comments would adopt a logic, have specific areas of focus and at least be about various aspects of the footy instead of repeating the same point about membership fees and player salaries.

Anyway, that's it from me on the topic. Best wishes to you for both the rest of the year and for the Shark's season.

There is no such thing as a real fan or true supporter. These absolutes only exist in the minds of those who judge other fans. I do it and it irritates me that I do.

Football is much more enjoyable if you leave it "all on the park" so to speak. That's my opinion anyway. I have come to this conclusion after many years of cracking the shits after losses.

Nice one guys... :)

1311879511296.jpg

Waiter, I'll have a number 3 and (since I'm over 30) a number 5 please. :D

Srsly, this is the reason I don't go to so many games any more... In trying to remain reserved and objective about umpiring decisions, structures, play etc I think I actually piss off the people around me by pointing out "No, he didn't have prior opportunity...", "Yes, his hands were in his back", quietly complimenting a genuinely excellent passage of play regardless of which side executes it etc... Likewise, some of those punters near me who quite rightly exercise their perogative to have a bit of fun and close one eye for 2 hours just end up annoying me.

I've just come to the conclusion it's better for both myself and those who would otherwise be around me if I stay at home, or go to a pub to watch the game, where there are far fewer fans screaming at players and umpires who can't hear what the fans are saying anyway, about things that the fans aren't able to control in the slightest. At least this way the only idiot uselessly and occasionally venting is me. :)

As for being ejected from a drinking establishment? I'd ask if you haven't been, then you haven't lived. I reckon in the time before I pulled my head in in regards to drinking generally, I was asked to leave Carnegie's maybe about 5 times out of 10 or so? Nothing ever anti-social or confrontational, and funnily enough always because I'd approached the bar for another when I'd already had enough. But a compliant ejection is an ejection nonetheless. :)

The only whinging I think that is warranted as a freo supporter is at the
FRAKING UMPIRES.

We have never had a good relationship and when you get opposition supporters questioning why its not a freo free than you know its in the shits.

Being negative about the team or individual players is not a sign that you don't support the club, its just a sign that you're frustrated with the fact that they aren't performing as well as you know they can. Its more an indication that you feel part of the club.

Be positive 100% of the time if you must, but those people who applauded the team as they left the field on Saturday need to consider what the hell they are doing.

blah blah blah

As far as I'm concerned you're not welcome here at all. To come on and have a crack at one of our own is beyond the pale. To summarise - **** off.

whoa.....there was no outburst; and he wasn't demeaning or condescending.

Again.....this thread is not having a go at anyone. Except maybe myself :confused:

those people who applauded the team as they left the field on Saturday need to consider what the hell they are doing.

As far as I'm concerned you're not welcome here at all. To come on and have a crack at one of our own is beyond the pale. To summarise - **** off.

Totally agree on both points....especially the first one!! I was staggered to witness people applauding that crap. :confused::confused::confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I a 'real Freo Supporter'??.....well am I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back