Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

It genuinely seems like all the RBA do is go "well inflation hasnt dropped, looks like we pump those rates up again".

13 rate rises over 2 or 3 years and its done **** all to inflation, for genius economists it doesnt seem like they know much more than your average punter about it and how to fix it.
Ummmmm... CPI was nearly 8% 18 months ago... It's now 3.6%. I'd say it's done plenty...

Because it has been from a very low base and it's a blunt tool with quite a long lag time..
At some point it doesn't actually do anything though. Retirees benefit from higher rates and we're an aging population.

If they need to take money out of the system they need a way to do that spread over everyone, as atm 40% or so of our people aren't feeling any pinch, in fact they benefit. They're buying cars and going on holidays. Another rate rise is going to do absolutely F all to inflation imo. Especially when costs from corporates are passed onto consumer, further fueling inflation...

Ummmmm... CPI was nearly 8% 18 months ago... It's now 3.6%. I'd say it's done plenty...
All directly from the interest rate hikes? Cause it was sky high worldwide and its dropped more elsewhere in countries they didnt.

Also if its so great then surely we can stop with the rate rise bingo every month now yeh?

I think this is an absolute load of racket

Rents/house prices up way more than 3.6%
Groceries way more than 3.6%
Health insurance seems to jump up double digits yearly
If something only went up 3.6% it'd be a win for everyone but it doesn't. Everything is going up way more than that

It's too hard for our incompetent politicians but a mandatory period where all employees had to put money into Super would have taken money out of the economy whilst helping people save $ for retirement.

They act like 'rate rises are all we have'. It isn't, it's all you cbf legislating

Temporary GST hike spreads the damage more than just those with a mortgage too. It's clearly not a great measure against inflation when only roughly 35% of people have a bloody mortgage

All directly from the interest rate hikes? Cause it was sky high worldwide and its dropped more elsewhere in countries they didnt.

Also if its so great then surely we can stop with the rate rise bingo every month now yeh?
You mean like they did on Tuesday when they kept them on hold? Or the 5 months before that when they did the same?

I think this is an absolute load of racket

Rents/house prices up way more than 3.6%
Groceries way more than 3.6%
Health insurance seems to jump up double digits yearly
If something only went up 3.6% it'd be a win for everyone but it doesn't. Everything is going up way more than that
If you want to go and argue with the ABS be my guest...

It's too hard for our incompetent politicians but a mandatory period where all employees had to put money into Super would have taken money out of the economy whilst helping people save $ for retirement.

They act like 'rate rises are all we have'. It isn't, it's all you cbf legislating

Temporary GST hike spreads the damage more than just those with a mortgage too. It's clearly not a great measure against inflation when only roughly 35% of people have a bloody mortgage
Oh yeah, hundreds of thousands of businesses adjusting their payroll temporarily is so simple...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It genuinely seems like all the RBA do is go "well inflation hasnt dropped, looks like we pump those rates up again".

13 rate rises over 2 or 3 years and its done **** all to inflation, for genius economists it doesnt seem like they know much more than your average punter about it and how to fix it.

Oops recession…and even more wealth inequity

200.gif

It's true that Dutton has jumped the shark with his frighteningly juvenile un-costed, un-researched, 3-page brain fart press release on swapping Australia to nuclear power.

But a reminder that the credentials of the Albanese government on moving away from fossil fuels remains untested beyond the rhetoric - like all previous governments they are captured by the fossil fuel companies:

"every single resources minister of the past 20 years has gone on to work for fossil fuels companies"

"The situation is so absurd we even ship some of our own gas back from overseas for domestic use"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back