Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

they will lose skin over this vindictiveness - and fair enough too

[edit] not a great day in ozpol allround in fact with lurch doubling down on his bigoted ex-qld copper persona

Now the country is running out of Gas....it's insane!
We're not running out, "we" just send it all overseas. I say we when really I mean the robber barons who steal our natural resources and export it overseas or extort us at home for it.

they will lose skin over this vindictiveness - and fair enough too

[edit] not a great day in ozpol allround in fact with lurch doubling down on his bigoted ex-qld copper persona

He may scare those who are thinking of protesting ALP into voting ALP to ensure they're not in minority government with the Greens/Teals/Muslims.

This whole Fatima Payman thing is of course embarrassing for the government, but again won't matter much in a few months as I think they have successfully cut it off right now. She'll be a rogue voice in the Senate that - let's face it - few will pay mind to. Defections from the LNP never hurt them in the long term, either. Voters simply don't think about these things at the ballot box unless they are persistent and ongoing. Disunity is death - it cost Rudd and Gillard - and Payman resigning leaves the ALP unified yet again.

The critical thing - as always - is perception of economic management and this is where I think Albanese and Labor are still struggling to get traction. They need to sell the stage 3 tax cut reforms harder and work harder still on cost of living measures. Rightly or wrongly, they will cop blame if inflation and the cost of living and interest rates surge at election time.

Because it is all owned by foreign interests and being exported.

We are in the middle of the massive failure of neo-liberalism.
They use more gas to run the export terminals to export the rest of the gas, than is used by the entirety of Australia.

They pay next to nothing for the gas and don't pay taxes. Yet adding the export capacity to the network has sent the gas price from cost plus margin in an Australia-only market to the world export price.

The gas companies (the ones making billions a year tax-free from exports) are huge donors to both Labor and Liberal. The major parties are both completely captured.

All Punter has said they do is dissolve parliament so I'm taking the piss

but 0.1% is generous. Be closer to 10%, these people are not busy. You don't need to cheerlead for them
I'm not cheerleading for them, I have previously said that the on-going pension seems like a bit of a rort...

The argument is over a couple of hundred k... In the grand scheme of things it's really not an issue...
The ALP National President Wayne Swan has released a statement on the Senator Payman issue.

Discuss in the context of Australian Labor Party political history and the current socio-political environment in Australia (limit 500 words).

View attachment 2038353
What a load of absolute self serving garbage. What exactly have the actions of the current government done to try to secure peace or represent cultural diversity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The critical thing - as always - is perception of economic management and this is where I think Albanese and Labor are still struggling to get traction. They need to sell the stage 3 tax cut reforms harder and work harder still on cost of living measures. Rightly or wrongly, they will cop blame if inflation and the cost of living and interest rates surge at election time.

Also should have cut their losses on the referendum. Everyone knew months before the "vote" that it was doomed to fail. Another blight on Albo's resume

The referendum for the Voice is our Brexit. It was a bad outcome based on bigotry that's set the country back years and nobody really wants to talk about now because the blame for it is shared among the electorate and not the politicians alone.

The referendum for the Voice is our Brexit. It was a bad outcome based on bigotry that's set the country back years and nobody really wants to talk about now because the blame for it is shared among the electorate and not the politicians alone.
That's your opinion.

Brexit required a Yes vote and it got it. The Voice required a Yes vote and it failed. Also, Brexit has not turned out to be the disaster that many, including myself, predicted. But the UK was always a reluctant participant in the EU. It wouldn't adopt the Euro. And, since the pandemic, the UK has recovered better than most EU countries. The new PM vas vowed not to revisit Brexit because he knows it is dead.

As we all know few Referendums get up, and the major reason this one failed is because it was marketed and explained poorly by Albo, extremely poorly. It was like he didn't care either way, but he just wanted to be seen as delivering on a promise. And Australians saw through it.

It didn't help one bit that Dutton went with the No vote, but the final result reflected more than just LNP v ALP. 60% No.

Last edited:
That's your opinion and it is garbage. For a start Brexit required a Yes vote and it got it. The Voice required a Yes vote and it failed. Also, Brexit has not turned out to be the disaster that many, including myself, predicted. But the UK was always a reluctant participant in the EU. It wouldn't adopt the Euro. And, since the pandemic, the UK has recovered better than most EU countries. The new PM vas vowed not to revisit Brexit because he knows it is dead.

As we all know few Referendums get up, and the major reason this one failed is because it was marketed and explained poorly by Albo, extremely poorly. It was like he didn't care either way, but he just wanted to be seen as delivering on a promise. And Australians saw through it.

It didn't help one bit that Dutton went with the No vote, but the final result reflected more than just LNP v ALP. 60% No.
Like Brexit winning, everyone wants to pass the blame for the referendum failing onto someone else, preferably Albanese when it was their decision to vote the way that they did. Hence the comparison and the reluctance to broach it now.

I don't blame Muslim Australians for wanting their own party, there's obviously no place for them in the duopoly.
Not only is there no place, they're punching bags.

They have been for a long time by the LNP. But watching the ALP use her utterance of the word "inshallah" as evidence of anything is showing the ALP can be just as grubby.

But they're not going to lose any seats over it, so their lust for power over doing the right thing is satiated.

Not only is there no place, they're punching bags.

They have been for a long time by the LNP. But watching the ALP use her utterance of the word "inshallah" as evidence of anything is showing the ALP can be just as grubby.

But they're not going to lose any seats over it, so their lust for power over doing the right thing is satiated.
As someone else rightly pointed out earlier... Perhaps Lara Tingle had a point and the ones shouting at her were just scared to do some self reflection??

We're not running out, "we" just send it all overseas. I say we when really I mean the robber barons who steal our natural resources and export it overseas or extort us at home for it.

As a hydrocarbon, Gas has a relatively low CO2 count when its burnt ( compared to coal ).
However.....add energy to it to liquify, then transport in inefficient ships ....might as well burn coal.

Also should have cut their losses on the referendum. Everyone knew months before the "vote" that it was doomed to fail. Another blight on Albo's resume
And then got smashed because they broke a pre-election promise just like the stage 3 tax cuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back