Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

The UK election showed that the 10% who do care, really do care. Pro-Palestine Independents (single issue candidates) won 6 seats and the Greens went from 1 to 4.

My counterpoint is that even if the majority of people support Israel, most of them are the ones who don't actually care. They just have a basic opinion formed from the Australian media stories. The 10% who actively care will campaign, support, join parties, quit the ALP (if they're not kicked out first) over it. The 10% who care are 10x more likely to be pro-Palestine than Pro-Israel.

I honestly can't work out why Albanese is going to take a hit on this hill for Netanyahu who nobody likes, even his own electorate. It's worse than taking a hit over Trump, who at least has some influence over Australia's economic performance.
the issue here is there is a fair chance people will lurch right not left

not on Palestine but on other issues

when polling has people saying they think the coalition would do more to help people with cost of living thats a big issue for labor come the election

cost of living is going to be an issue and a lot of people would die before voting left of labor which is what Dutton and co will be banking on

Gen X and boomers moving right not left

when polling has people saying they think the coalition would do more to help people with cost of living thats a big issue for labor come the election

cost of living is going to be an issue and a lot of people would die before voting left of labor which is what Dutton and co will be banking on

They'll lurch both ways. The centre will abandon them over cost of living and the left will abandon them over the lack of any progress.

It's the same with every ALP Government, they try to please everyone (including those who will never be pleased) and please nobody, least of all their supporters.

They'll lurch both ways. The centre will abandon them over cost of living and the left will abandon them over the lack of any progress.
Well the lurch away from them on the left was already happening before the election
It's the same with every ALP Government, they try to please everyone (including those who will never be pleased) and please nobody, least of all their supporters.
If you mean piss everyone off by being full of shit cowards yeah

Pretending to be progressive while enacting coalition style policies doesn't win you any votes

You missed the Israeli Commander of the West Bank who retired yesterday and admitted the Israeli terrorists, under direction of their leadership were committing crimes that the IDF had failed to stop.

This is why the international community as a whole needs to command both sides. And that means the EU and US cutting off Israel economically and politically as well as the PA (as they have done with Hamas) until they all agree to control their own terrorists.

It would require peacekeepers because neither the IDF nor PA leaders can be trusted, all of those leaders admit they're powerless.
That's the hard part.

You need agreed (and viable) borders enforced between Israel and Palestine and Palestine and the area to enforce the peace and cut off terrorist supplies whilst allowing aid. Jerusalem is going to be a problem so make it a neutral UN city controlled city and make the fat cats jn Geneva move there.

You need a massive aid program to help the people suffering thanks to the terrorist Palestinian leaders and Israel's response (which is out of all proportion, illegal in many ways and enabled Hamas who cheer every Palestinian death while their leaders party in Qatar].

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't applaud their ideology but would be happy that they were being truthful to themselves. That way I'd know to make sure not to vote for them.
I assume most pollies have far worse morality than the average person so I'd prefer they didn't vote based on conscience.

I'd rather they vote based on what their electorate, state and country wants. Their conscience matters little to me.

I assume most pollies have far worse morality than the average person so I'd prefer they didn't vote based on conscience.

I'd rather they vote based on what their electorate, state and country wants. Their conscience matters little to me.
You've just listed three very different things there

More and more people are becoming homeless here in the "lucky country" and people are focusing on shit happening in the middle east that will go on for generations as it has already.

Gee the media do a good job distracting people.

More and more people are becoming homeless here in the "lucky country" and people are focusing on shit happening in the middle east that will go on for generations as it has already.

It is possible to walk and chew bubblegum
I'm sure you've talked about homelessness a lot

Hmmm your posting history suggests this is a new topic of interest for you.

But I agree the media doesn't spend much time reporting on it because it's not worth the clicks

20% power bill increase today arrived in the mail. Won't move to the current libs but any teal like independent or even sustainable Australia is getting the vote ahead of the ALP (and libs and onp)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is possible to walk and chew bubblegum
I'm sure you've talked about homelessness a lot

Hmmm your posting history suggests this is a new topic of interest for you.

But I agree the media doesn't spend much time reporting on it because it's not worth the clicks
Our government has proven they cannot, as have our ultra progressive protesty types who just jump cause to cause. This cause, in your own backyard doesnt score the virtue points I guess

If the tents were draped in rainbow flags or burqas, the inner city lefties would be all over it.

Our government has proven they cannot, as have our ultra progressive protesty types who just jump cause to cause. This cause, in your own backyard doesnt score the virtue points I guess

If the tents were draped in rainbow flags or burqas, the inner city lefties would be all over it.
Dude people have been talking about homelessness being an issue long before you mentioned it in this thread just now.
Governments choose for homelessness to exist it's got nothing to do with the genocide in Israel

You're confusing the news cycle with reality and as usual trying to be funny for your right wing chud mates

I reckon you could have gotten a few more clichés in there.

Dude people have been talking about homelessness being an issue long before you mentioned it in this thread just now.
Governments choose for homelessness to exist it's got nothing to do with the genocide in Israel

You're confusing the news cycle with reality and as usual trying to be funny for your right wing chud mates
Of course its got nothing to do with Israel. Yet somehow the super caring folk who act like theyre better than everyone want to fix the unfixable bs in the middle east rather than helping aussies? Why the **** is palestine taking up so much space in an albo thread. Hes got a long list of shit to fix here

Of course its got nothing to do with Israel. Yet somehow the super caring folk who act like theyre better than everyone want to fix the unfixable bs in the middle east rather than helping aussies? Why the **** is palestine taking up so much space in an albo thread. Hes got a long list of shit to fix here
yes he has a very long list of things he's ignoring and it also has nothing to do with what people post about in here

or talk about elsewhere

nobody is making you talk about anything you want to talk about the homelessness issue and what you think should be done about it I'm all ears because there is plenty that could be done both at state and federal level but isn't being done

covid showed governments could fix it and that they choose not to and when they stopped doing stuff about it we all just let them

Ok, lets speak about homeless. How many houses do you think Israel have blown up over there?

Do you think Albo could learn any lessons from Netanyahu's approach to homeless people? Apparently they are good friends now.

If they have no principles there is no point to them being in Parliament.

20% power bill increase today arrived in the mail. Won't move to the current libs but any teal like independent or even sustainable Australia is getting the vote ahead of the ALP (and libs and onp)

Blame coal and your retailer…. Wholesale power prices are dropping.

Blame coal and your retailer…. Wholesale power prices are dropping.

My retailer is red energy, 100% government owned and almost entirely renewables

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back