Training Apples' Training Threads 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm with you Jen. I like the music from about 250 years ago!:)
With a photo of Mozart who would have guessed. Are you a musician?

Was a golden period of music from around 1650 to 1850. Bach, Mozart, Beethoven to name but a few. There you have 1,2 and 3 in ABC Classic FM's Greatest Composers of all time. Bach should have won, but there you go.

One of the Melbourne pop stations always used to amuse me. They had an ad in which a woman would declare, 'I have a very wide range of taste in music, I like music from the 60's, 70's and 80's.' Oh yeah, what about the other 1000 f..n years.

Actually know most of the songs on Cox’ playlist.

Black Skinhead is a banger.

Also, I’m like “4 years old” according to people, so might explain it.

Defs should have some We built this city though.....

With a photo of Mozart who would have guessed. Are you a musician?

Was a golden period of music from around 1650 to 1850. Bach, Mozart, Beethoven to name but a few. There you have 1,2 and 3 in ABC Classic FM's Greatest Composers of all time. Bach should have won, but there you go.

One of the Melbourne pop stations always used to amuse me. They had an ad in which a woman would declare, 'I have a very wide range of taste in music, I like music from the 60's, 70's and 80's.' Oh yeah, what about the other 1000 f..n years.
Not a muso cliff, but classical music is a big part of my life. I produce and present a classical music programme every Friday arvo for 3MBS FM based in Collingwood territory at the Abbotsford Convent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a muso cliff, but classical music is a big part of my life. I produce and present a classical music programme every Friday arvo for 3MBS FM based in Collingwood territory at the Abbotsford Convent.
When I get back to Australia, I must have a listen. Classical music and Collingwood, 2 passions we share.

Do you? I've never been there, but I live in the area.

Sorry, Apples, I somewhat stole your thunder and pasted a couple of your tweets into Jen's training thread. DeGoey went from "playing match sim" to "playing full forward" corrected to "playing full back on Stevo" to then being pulled from the ground... all in what seemed like 5 minutes.

Can you elaborate? Any concerns? Or just a 'let's see what you can do, ok, enough, go and stretch up'?

Sorry, Apples, I somewhat stole your thunder and pasted a couple of your tweets into Jen's training thread. DeGoey went from "playing match sim" to "playing full forward" corrected to "playing full back on Stevo" to then being pulled from the ground... all in what seemed like 5 minutes.

Can you elaborate? Any concerns? Or just a 'let's see what you can do, ok, enough, go and stretch up'?
Report to follow

Training: Thursday 19th September
Sunny and breezy 18 on arrival

Walking through Yarra Park this morning you couldn't miss that big finals are here. Lots of construction, lots of spring grass and glorious sunshine.
At 9:20 I was surprised there were so many fans in attendance.
The Age photographer interviewed an elderly woman who was sitting next to me. She was very popular with the media.

Pendles was first onto the track, so I lost that bet. Usually win these. I went for Lynch who who often a first.

DeGoey was on the track early. I posted a few tweets as he did the warm ups which can be viewed at #gopies
As you'd expect, all the players looked in top shape. It is the best our list has looked for months.
Langdon, Kelly & Dunn were on the sidelines doing stationary bike training. This was a nice way to keep these boys involved.

Ben Reid looked sharp in everything he did, as did Aish, Sharenberg and Varcoe.

In the half ground match sim, it appeared DeGoey was playing full forward. He wore the red bib as did most of the players not in the best 22. I'm not a fan of the red/yellow bibs meaning players are not in consideration. Adams wore red, as did Thomas.
As the players were all kicking towards the Yarra end, it was hard to pick who played on who to be honest, but DeGoey was with Stevo and Stevo was kicking goals. Make of that what you will.

In the full ground match sim, Ben Reid played forward against Goldy. DeGoey sat out this drill and joined Mason Cox in 100m runs along the Glasshouse side.

Daics appeared to have some problem with his right ankle, but after some time with his trainer, re-joined the main group and looked unhindered.

DeGoey will be cherry ripe for next week should he be required.

The Bureau's forecast now looks OK for the Friday game, but Saturday's forecast of rain followed by showers may lead us to select a small forward line with Mihocek the only tall. This would most likely mean Varcoe and Sharenberg as the inclusions.

Eddie arrived pretty early and spent an hour walking the boundary and accepted every request for photos. He also did an on the spot ad for Coles and asked the crowd to join in the chant: Collingwood Coles, Collingwood Coles! He did a very big thank you to Coles for sponsoring our charity for the homeless. Eddie urged the crowd to join in telling us, "We never want to forget where we came from."

Happy to answer any questions.

Training: Thursday 19th September
Sunny and breezy 18 on arrival

Walking through Yarra Park this morning you couldn't miss that big finals are here. Lots of construction, lots of spring grass and glorious sunshine.
At 9:20 I was surprised there were so many fans in attendance.
The Age photographer interviewed an elderly woman who was sitting next to me. She was very popular with the media.

Pendles was first onto the track, so I lost that bet. Usually win these. I went for Lynch who who often a first.

DeGoey was on the track early. I posted a few tweets as he did the warm ups which can be viewed at #gopies
As you'd expect, all the players looked in top shape. It is the best our list has looked for months.
Landon, Kelly & Dunn were on the sidelines doing stationary bike training. This was a nice way to keep these boys involved.

Ben Reid looked sharp in everything he did, as did Aish, Sharenberg and Varcoe.

In the half ground match sim, it appeared DeGoey was playing full forward. He wore the red bib as did most of the players not in the best 22. I'm not a fan of the red/yellow bibs meaning players are not in consideration. Adams wore red, as did Thomas.
As the players were all kicking towards the Yarra end, it was hard to pick who played on who to be honest, but DeGoey was with Stevo and Stevo was kicking goals. Make of that what you will.

In the full ground match sim, Ben Reid played foward against Goldy. DeGoey sat out this drill and joined Mason Cox in 100m runs along the Glasshouse side.

Daics appeared to have some problem with his right ankle, but after some time with his trainer, re-joined the main group and looked unhindered.

DeGoey will be cherry ripe for next week should he be required.

The Bureau's forecast now looks OK for the Friday game, but Saturday's forecast of rain followed by showers may lead us to select a small forward line with Mihocek the only tall. This would most likely mean Varcoe and Sharenberg as the inclusions.

Eddie arrived pretty early and spent an hour walking the boundary and accepted every request for photos. He also did an on the spot ad for Coles and asked the crowd to join in the chant: Collingwood Coles, Collingwood Coles! He did a very big thank you to Coles for sponsoring our charity for the homeless. Eddie urged the crowd to join in telling us, "We never want to forget where we came from."

Happy to answer any questions.
Based on your summary. You predict Schaz/Varcoe for the two injured players?
Thoughts on WHE playing the sim in the "twos"?

I don't think WHE playing in the "Twos" means anything Pepperface. Will and Thomas did too in the mini-sim.

In the main sim, I think WHE wore the Collingwood colours, but I stand to be corrected on that. Some players need to play in the other team after all.

No concerns, really. He trained very well. He is yet to do power take-offs or real power sprints, but that will come next week if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back