Not open for further replies.

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
29, 30, 33 and sunny is the weather forecast in Sydney for the next three days

If we were getting smashed around like this would you want to bowl any additional overs?
Willing to bet Australia can't keep up with the over rate. India had bowled 78 by drinks in the final session, Australia will need to the full extra 30 minutes when we're in the field to get through our overs which is an absolute disgrace.

Willing to bet Australia can't keep up with the over rate. India had bowled 78 by drinks in the final session, Australia will need to the full extra 30 minutes when we're in the field to get through our overs which is an absolute disgrace.
Still remember that incident in Melbourne, ball got blocked back to Johnson, and instead of just walking back to his mark with it, he threw it to Haddin.

Madness. You can tell some sort of committee is involved with decisions like that.

Still remember that incident in Melbourne, ball got blocked back to Johnson, and instead of just walking back to his mark with it, he threw it to Haddin.

Madness. You can tell some sort of committee is involved with decisions like that.
Sorry try elsewhere, could understand maybe mid-on/mid-off, but keeper.

The only way the Australians will ever fix it is if Smith allows it to be as bad as it was in sydney he'll find himself with a one match test ban, only then will they wake up and go oh shit the ICC are actually serious about over rates.

Doesn't matter what it peaks at, matters where it finishes.

Hussey averaged 85 after about 20 tests.

Mark Taylor averaged 65 after 20.

Punter averaged 38 after 30 tests, 60 after 100 tests before settling back at 52 when he finished.

so if Hussey finished with a better average then Ponting that would of made him the better batsman?

good old bigfooty logic hey...

You also made roads against South Africa fearing their attack rampaging through your line-up.

At least if you're doctoring, make them so that they have some movement for a kind of bowler. As things stand your batsmen and bowlers learn nothing and are duly pillaged when they encounter a team with intent on a rare responsive deck (NZ Hobart 2011, SA Perth 2012) or when they head off overseas and see seaming/spin wickets for the first time, as they most recently did in the Emirates.
Come back when you've beaten the top ranked team on their turf.

Pitch looks like a road but i guess we need to reserve judgement on the pitch until australia gets a chance to bowl. i think you have to be extremely patient and take any half chances you get to take wickets on this pitch. Warner, Rogers and Smith batted really well to take advantage of the conditions and poor bowling. India were not patient enough with their line and length...story of the series so far.

Bowling coach needs to come under scrutiny for what he's doing/ how he's helping these guys out because it doesn't look like much improvement was made throughout the series. IMO these bowlers are much better than what they have shown soo far. Ashwin has bowled better than I thought he would and when we get someone else to tie up the other end with him then we look much more threatening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pitch looks like a road but i guess we need to reserve judgement on the pitch until australia gets a chance to bowl. i think you have to be extremely patient and take any half chances you get to take wickets on this pitch. Warner, Rogers and Smith batted really well to take advantage of the conditions and poor bowling. India were not patient enough with their line and length...story of the series so far.

Bowling coach needs to come under scrutiny for what he's doing/ how he's helping these guys out because it doesn't look like much improvement was made throughout the series. IMO these bowlers are much better than what they have shown soo far. Ashwin has bowled better than I thought he would and when we get someone else to tie up the other end with him then we look much more threatening.

Spot on, a road it is.

so if Hussey finished with a better average then Ponting that would of made him the better batsman?

good old bigfooty logic hey...

please point me to where I said an average determines the better player.

Just pointing out that you can't put Smith up with Ponting etc just because he averages 50, and for a host of other reasons as well.

Just as Mark Taylor and Michael Slater were better batsmen than Matty Hayden, despite the averages suggesting otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back