Autopsy Autopsy Roast & toast round 12 vs Gold Coast & changes round 13 vs Essendon

Best vs Suns

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 7: Liam Baker

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 11: Jason Castagna

• 15: Jayden Short

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 19: Tom Lynch

• 20: Ivan Soldo

• 21: Noah Balta

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 29: Shai Bolton

• 31: Oleg Markov

• 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

• 35: Nathan Broad

• 39: Jake Aarts

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Pure television theatre nothing else and people s husky spat it over that!
Wish our supply would just kea e the sooking to Geelong and West Coast fans, we are up on the podium with them.
I meant that in opposition to your ‘commentators will cheer the underdog’ comment. We were underdogs against freo in that game yet it was all about Fremantle and how they’d come back. Last week we were underdogs against port, yet the barracking from the commentators was disgraceful:
“DIIIIIXOOOOON”
“HE DROPPED IT UMPIRE”
“OHHH HE GETS HIM IN THE BACK”

the media and commentary in general is extremely toxic at the moment and needs to be called out

Credit to Dew, his match committee, and the players. They did their homework and executed their plan well. They tagged our current best mid out of the game in Bolton and then took Lambert out as well which dried up all our good run. We got real lucky that they ran out of juice last night because they should of killed us.

The real positive was Balta on King. Kept him to 1 goal and almost zero influence. Balta can definitely still play when Astbury is back as we used to do it before with Rance.

The worry us that last night showed that our miss in their current form can be taken out of the match for large periods. We got killed in the ruck and just looked too slow. Also our defence of the corridor was woeful.

Good news for the rest of us who want to see the wasteful AFL enterprise shut down, their style of football does not stack up in finals.

Changes:
Out: Stack, Soldo, Markov
In: CCJ/Nank, Houli, Higgins

Real tough on Markov but I think Baker has the credits to stay when Houli comes back. I don't think the backline will change much for the rest of the season except for Astbury.

CCJ needs a chance to show what he has got and stack needs to be given a stern talking to and the year off.
Can those suggesting CCJ be brought in give it a miss. He's injured.

View attachment 938556
A part of me is annoyed lunch risked a suspension for a needless act and a part of me thinks they do it to bait nuffies like this guy. Can feel the salt overflowing

lunch carried our forward line in a premiership year lel what more does this campaigner want

I mean no disrespect to Aarts here when I say this, but if people are wanting someone to be looked at for suspension, it should be him, not Lynch.

Collins chased Lynch on the lead immediately after the initial contact, so it clearly wasn't very forceful. It was Aarts hit that dropped him.

But because Aarts isn't a household name it doesn't fit the agenda of the witch hunt mob / haters.

This is just a repeat of Astbury knocking out Shiel and Cotch getting the blame for it.

Dissapointed in chol so many times he stood under the ball without jumping
Remember him not even jumping in a centre ruck contest
Needs a kick up the ass.

Exactly. Pure television theatre nothing else and people actually spat it over that!
Wish our supporters would just leave the sooking to Geelong and West Coast fans, we are up on the podium with them.

There are 99.5k members and millions of fans.

Try to not it let upset you

I think lynches arm caught him unexpectedly in the wrong place, which caused him to momentarily lose track of the play. It looks like he then makes a decision to stage the contact from Aarts (who barely touched him, no matter which way you frame it) to try and draw a free kick because he can tell Lynch will get an uncontested mark as a result of Lynches initial contact.

My best guess is Lynch didn’t hit him hard but caught him right in the solar plexus and he reacted as if that was the case. As we all know if you cop sometimes even a light tap there it can take the wind right out of your sails. Then Collins, who I think is a fair and tough footballer, tries to put that out of his head and chase Lynch who was off. On his way he runs across J Aarts Esq who again barely hits him but I suspect also collects him right in the solar plexus, all of Collins’ reactions are consistent with that.

It would hurt a bit and take your breath away and the pain is only exacerbated by Lynch kicking a goal. Then you see Collins after the game and as a sportsman I can really identify with his fury. I think there is a lot of stuff mixed in there to make him so furious but one of the main things would be how unlucky could you be to cop two quite light and fairly randomly aimed blows within seconds right in the worst possible spot. When things like that happened to me I now realise my mind would connect separate events as if they were part of the same conspiracy and it would send me into a meltdown, and I think that is what we saw with Collins last night.

My best guess is Lynch didn’t hit him hard but caught him right in the solar plexus and he reacted as if that was the case. As we all know if you cop sometimes even a light tap there it can take the wind right out of your sails. Then Collins, who I think is a fair and tough footballer, tries to put that out of his head and chase Lynch who was off. On his way he runs across J Aarts Esq who again barely hits him but I suspect also collects him right in the solar plexus, all of Collins’ reactions are consistent with that.

It would hurt a bit and take your breath away and the pain is only exacerbated by Lynch kicking a goal. Then you see Collins after the game and as a sportsman I can really identify with his fury. I think there is a lot of stuff mixed in there to make him so furious but one of the main things would be how unlucky could you be to cop two quite light and fairly randomly aimed blows within seconds right in the worst possible spot. When things like that happened to me I now realise my mind would connect separate events as if they were part of the same conspiracy and it would send me into a meltdown, and I think that is what we saw with Collins last night.

Yes maybe

Or maybe he dives cause Lynch is going to mark the ball.

I hope no one in Belgium or Croatia was watching that. Such flopping isnt a good look for Australian rules.

After watching the suns cheating for much the game it's tough to side with Collins.

I'm going to meditate on it.

Anyone know why the mark to Castagna was overturned in the first quarter, the coverage never showed what happened it was glossed over. This was as bad as giving away a 50, worse maybe, not even sure who infringed but odd to have an uncontested mark overturned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes maybe

Or maybe he dives cause Lynch is going to mark the ball.

I hope no one in Belgium or Croatia was watching that. Such flopping isnt a good look for Australian rules.

After watching the suns cheating for much the game it's tough to side with Collins.

I'm going to meditate on it.

I’ve watched every minute of every game Collins has played this year, not seen or noticed anything but good strong, tough, courageous and honest footy from him. The odd error, but nothing weak or dishonest. When he went down after the Aarts encounter the ball had not even been kicked towards Lynch yet. This leads me to believe he wasn’t staging. If you have ever copped a whack in the sweet spot you will know it can just make you crumple. Not sure I have ever copped two in short order but I wouldn’t want to.

Even managed to give away a stupid free when he moved back into defence. He is a one trick pony unfortunately, I think we got the very best from an average footballer for the last few years but the reality is that he isn't currently contributing to the team at the moment unless there is some secret statistic the coaches use to justify his selection.

I really think Baker is worth a try inside forward 50 when Houli returns, can kick off both sides, is quicker than he looks and can take a grab, can't do any worse.
Short Qtrs,Oppo drop players back and not playing on a big ground like the G had effected George's output.

I’ve watched every minute of every game Collins has played this year, not seen or noticed anything but good strong, tough, courageous and honest footy from him. The odd error, but nothing weak or dishonest. When he went down after the Aarts encounter the ball had not even been kicked towards Lynch yet. This leads me to believe he wasn’t staging. If you have ever copped a whack in the sweet spot you will know it can just make you crumple. Not sure I have ever copped two in short order but I wouldn’t want to.

I`ve copped them and they make you crumple immediately, no way in the world you can run 5 or 10 metres.

Anyone know why the mark to Castagna was overturned in the first quarter, the coverage never showed what happened it was glossed over. This was as bad as giving away a 50, worse maybe, not even sure who infringed but odd to have an uncontested mark overturned.

One of our boys knocked Ellis over behind the play... don't know who it was, but seemed to be enough for the ump to reverse possession.

There are 99.5k members and millions of fans.

Try to not it let upset you
Upset me?
Lol how is it upsetting me? It’s hilarious, yes embarrassing but funny.

I've also seen a lot of Sam Collins this year and I rate him as a tough, uncompromising full back. Leading the league in at least one defensive category, having an excellent year. Seeing him in the rooms after showing his passion and dissapointment led many here for some reason to assume it was to do with being whacked in the guts. Really ?

Looked more like to me he was shattered after a tough loss. That dissapointment burns hot in some people. Suns are desperate to get a win in the back half of the season. It's been their Achilles heel. They drew last week so they'd be hurting after last night. Some of you need to just settle down and get a grip.

Me included lol 🤣

I meant that in opposition to your ‘commentators will cheer the underdog’ comment. We were underdogs against freo in that game yet it was all about Fremantle and how they’d come back. Last week we were underdogs against port, yet the barracking from the commentators was disgraceful:
“DIIIIIXOOOOON”
“HE DROPPED IT UMPIRE”
“OHHH HE GETS HIM IN THE BACK”

the media and commentary in general is extremely toxic at the moment and needs to be called out
Who gives a **** though seriously?
We are a big club, Freo aren’t it’s never going to change.

This will be the most interesting selection table for the year if Aarts or Lynch dont get suspended. Who's left out for Houli & Nanks return??? surly they cant drop Markov after having another superb game. If its me Baker gets moved forward and Rioli is omitted BUT what I think will happen is either Markov or George gets dropped depending on where Baker plays. Nank comes in for Chol if Lynch isn't suspended. I'd also replace Stack for Caddy but that wont be happening.

OUT: Markov/George/Aarts & Chol/Lynch
IN: Houli, Nank
The only thing is, it's not as easy to regain form in the VFL this season when all they get is 14 a side, scratch matches.
I don't think they will drop George just yet.
Aarts didn't do a lot last night. I like what he brings though.
The Dow suggestion isn't the worst I have heard.
Maybe Naish as a forward? yeah nah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy Roast & toast round 12 vs Gold Coast & changes round 13 vs Essendon

Back