Autopsy Autopsy Roast & toast round 12 vs Gold Coast & changes round 13 vs Essendon

Best vs Suns

• 1: Nick Vlastuin

• 2: Dylan Grimes

• 4: Dustin Martin

• 7: Liam Baker

• 8: Jack Riewoldt

• 9: Trent Cotchin

• 11: Jason Castagna

• 15: Jayden Short

• 17: Daniel Rioli

• 19: Tom Lynch

• 20: Ivan Soldo

• 21: Noah Balta

• 23: Kane Lambert

• 29: Shai Bolton

• 31: Oleg Markov

• 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

• 35: Nathan Broad

• 39: Jake Aarts

• 41: Mabior Chol

• 44: Sydney Stack

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Around the 10 minute mark of the first quarter, I was already fuming as the Suns were clearly parking the bus. You wait 9 days to watch a game of footy, and you know it is going to be the Swans game V2. Thankfully, the Suns broke in the last quarter, because it is unbearable to watch. 17 inside 50's should have yielded at least 5-6 goals = game over. Disappointingly, our brains trust have not learnt from the Swans game. Expect much of the same against the Dons, Freo and Crows. Good sides won't do it, and back their own gameplan. Rubbish sides are going to park the bus. Suns are not rubbish, but the game quickly changed in the first 5-10 minutes.

One player that I can't get a read on is Macintosh. Missed out on 2019 VFL and AFL GFs. Feel for the guy, so I'm hoping he does well this year and eventually plays in a Premiership. When he goes missing, he also messes up. When he switches on (Brisbane game), he is in our best 3. By half time, he had butchered two easy shots at goal and with Stack and Castagna - was not up to standard. Here is where he polarizes my opinion of him - His second half was immense. Easily BOG in the second half. Running to the right spots, field kicking and decision making was brilliant. Second efforts, run and carry opened up the game for us, and rewarded for the goal that sealed the game. He has done enough to stay in this side, on a permanent wing for the rest of the season.

Discipline still an issue. Pickett's slap to the head of Ellis, Aarts and Lynch on the sook Collins and Castagna's idiotic pirouette. In defense of Lynch, and maybe someday some clown in the media will pick up on it - He is scragged, held on to, blocked and has his arms chopped regularly. In the first quarter, behind the goal line, Sook Collins decked Lynch. If it was in the field of play, and Lynch was wearing a Colonwood jumper - instant free.

The form of the smalls - A number of things contributing. Lynch has changed our gameplay slightly. Remember we had to use a fleet of smalls as we had only one forward in 2017. We lost Griffiths and had no talls. Butre lost form, became injured, checked out and plays elsewhere. Rioli has lost all confidence and Castagna is getting away with murder even running out with this side. Bolton is now a midfielder due to Cotchin, Edwards, and Prestia injuries. Baker is way too creative to be forward and he stays back. Short was also a small forward at some stage. Some teams are flooding and other are parking the double decker. This makes it hard for smalls to find room, or keep the ball moving forward. There are too many ball ups, and no space for manic tackling as defensive players are immeditely disposing of the ball which makes it hard for goals scored from turnovers. Also the 666 rule changed the extra forward going back to create space in the forward line.

Markov was a fast leading forward in his junior years. I liked his game last night and I would play him at half forward, leading into space from the pocket as he is quick and has good hands. It would drag his opponent out of the area, create some panic in the backline and create space for Lynch and Jack. Creating that space may help Aarts / Rioli / Castagna / Higgins.

Backline is epic. Vlastuins last quarter was incredible. Balta is going to be a superstar. Grimes started off rusty, but was impeded with a nasty poke in the eye.

What I liked the most about this win - Recent best players such as Bolton, Martin, Broad and Grimes didn't have standout games. This time it was Cotchin, Macintosh, Graham and Jack. Those writing off Jack forget he had a PCL last year, and in the last two games he has looked lively with his leaping. Really threatened to pull down a screamer last night.

Oh - The Umps - Better than last week. Didn't notice them that much except Razor who reversed Aart's mark (for what reason ?) and another that I can't recall. O'Gorman actually paid us 2 free kicks in the first quarter... Missed a massive shove on Jack at the end of the third.

I hope the brains trust really work something out with these floods / park the bus games. I would rather have a good game vs a top side that watching the negative crap some of these coaches come up with.

Out - Castagna
In - Houli

apparently wa has offered 35 mil for the grand final to be held there
Well I guess West Coast will get their wish and have a flag handed to them, just like those nasty vic teams they hate and think they’re better than.

How can they do that while forcing people to isolate 2 weeks. Make no sense
They don’t care they’re trying to buy West Coast their second flag in three years. If it works and they get the grand final I’ll be full-on supporting West Coast’s opposition, even if it’s Geelong or Port Adelaide.

They don’t care they’re trying to buy West Coast their second flag in three years. If it works and they get the grand final I’ll be full-on supporting West Coast’s opposition, even if it’s Geelong or Port Adelaide.
imagine they lost an OPtus GF or didn't make it at all :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oi campaigner, that's my trademark.
Sorry (not sorry), I couldn't resist.

I was thinking those exact words every time he butchered the ball. Even when he finally got one to go straight through the middle, it ****ing fell short from 40-45 metres out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy Roast & toast round 12 vs Gold Coast & changes round 13 vs Essendon

Back