Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

Xerri went off for a few minutes late in the last quarter, I think - and it nearly cost us the game. Teakle laid an egg in the centre square that cost us dearly. Also, he got badly beaten in the ruck duel twenty metres out that led to an important GC goal. This is more a comment on the value of Xerri rather than a knock on Teakle.
You saying that shallow boundary throw in was Teakle getting badly beaten? He was the one who got to the ball but couldn't control it. His opponent didn't beat him.

You saying that shallow boundary throw in was Teakle getting badly beaten? He was the one who got to the ball but couldn't control it. His opponent didn't beat him.
One of the stick figures could barely throw the ball more than eight metres.

Downright embarrassing.

Always better to hear good things being said about us, but a couple of points;

1. Cornes - "the fans are starting to come along for the ride" mate, we have been there the whole time, didn't see any tarps needed, unlike another club who's fair weather fans jump off the bandwagon as soon as things get a little tough.

2. Barrett - the Uniacke is the hard part to pronunciate out of Davies-Uniacke, what the f**k is a "Durveys"

Xerri went off for a few minutes late in the last quarter, I think - and it nearly cost us the game. Teakle laid an egg in the centre square that cost us dearly. Also, he got badly beaten in the ruck duel twenty metres out that led to an important GC goal. This is more a comment on the value of Xerri rather than a knock on Teakle.
I noticed throughout the game whenever Xerri was off we lost ascendancy. Agree not a knock on Teakle- but shows how much drive Xerri gives us now.

Yeah, I overdid it with the “badly beaten” reference - sorry, Teaks. As I mentioned, I was trying to point out how important it is to have Tristan on the park at crucial times in games. As for Teakle, if he keeps 1/2 goals per game, he’s more than paying his way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now I know why. Hardwick found it difficult to play opponents in docklands. Even when the tigers were solid from 2013-22.
Fun fact: the last game Gold Coast won at Marvel was against Richmond, coached by Damien Hardwick.

Ugggh. That's the type of stuff that is just inexcusable. Unlike some I'm less obsessed with the "have to go" ethos when it comes to running with the flight and hospital balls, but when you have contact coming front on at low speed that is utterly predictable you simply have to body the ball.
What's worse is how noticeable it was. You see that, and you just think, nah.

Fun fact: the last game Gold Coast won at Marvel was against Richmond, coached by Damien Hardwick.
Probably explains the pacing up and back and the f words that Barrett said were inexcusable. I actually wish Damian would f off, the Barrett variety.

I thought Jy was brilliant mate.
Yeah, look at the ground I didn’t notice him much. I watched the replay this morning, and he had enormous 1st and 3rd quarters.

Interesting game in that apart from Scott, X and Powell, I thought that our big names drifted out of the game and then slammed on the accelerator at times. It is probably a symptom of us getting the mid mix and rotations right.

I've been to 9 game (including yesterday) since I started following North last year. First game was the first Essendon game that we lost by a goal, and it's been heartbreak since (we also attended the Freo, Pies, and Dees games this year)... which made yesterday's game all the sweeter. When the siren went I jumped up with everyone else, and promptly had to grab the railing because I was dizzy - I think I'd been holding my breath without realising for the final minute. Our earlier win this year was great, but being there was amazing, and I feel like I am legitimately still on a high from actually seeing a win live.

I think yesterday was also the first game I've been to with a crowd that was totally North dominated, and that was awesome too. We are a really loud fanbase! I do wonder if our naked hostility to the umpires is partly responsible for us getting some 'unfavourable' treatment recently. Is that common among all teams?

I have just finished watching the game and there was some amazing efforts to get us over the line. I know I will get shot down but I don't want Bailey Scott to leave. He was everywhere in that final qtr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back