Autopsy Autopsy vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez the boys are really impressed with themselves with that rendition.

I know they haven't won much over the last 2 years but are standards really this low? A 2 goal win over a WAFL side?
Jesus chill out would you prefer they stood in a circle and took turns berating themselves for their mistakes? You can be happy to win and enjoy singing the song with your mates that you work with every day and still realise that there’s a fair bit to do.

The way ppl react to players reactions is way OTT, everyone’s an amateur psychologist on social media.

I went to the game.

What I would counter with is, what of the negatives didn’t you know before the game started?

This thing we are doing is going to take a really long time.

We will be lucky to get to 6+ wins this year.

There is going to be more than enough time to focus on the negatives.

It’s a ride enjoy that we won for the first time in 2+ years at a game we could be at.
We're running around with at least 10 blokes that are polyfiller at best.

A fool would've expected anything more than a grinding win considering we lost LDU and.TT before ht.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Let’s start a petition for the afl to take the four points off us.
I'll pay that. My point was more that despite the 4 points that get pencilled in for the team on the ladder, this game revealed a lot about the team, and those revelations are by and large hugely concerning

By far the biggest positive for me today was Horne getting his first W as a Shinboner. It is fantastic he hasn’t had to go through 9 weeks of beltings like Powell had to last year.
great for jhf to get his first win
now he has this to look forward to

Attachments

• 603E6CD9-F655-4410-BEAD-6E96AE895DD0.jpeg
    603E6CD9-F655-4410-BEAD-6E96AE895DD0.jpeg
    530.4 KB · Views: 43
Seems almost everyone on this board fell for that narrative too.

Down on mid rotations, a team out of form and against opponents that still had stars on every line.

The injuries suck and we aren’t playing well, but a win is a win. Enjoy this one, because we aren’t winning next week.
Every chance we roll into Good Friday on the back of a couple of thumpings.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I'll pay that. My point was more that despite the 4 points that get pencilled in for the team on the ladder, this game revealed a lot about the team, and those revelations are by and large hugely concerning
Good to earn a hard lesson and still get a win. Losing LDU and Thomas added a bit of spice to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the benefit of a few hours to calm down

LDU was a big loss, he was playing very well again. Looked to finally be putting together some consistency with back to back good games to start the season. Disappointing to lose him but also a positive that he is up and about. Hopefully he can continue when he comes back

Turner swung forward was a fairly good move from Nobles. I thought he was lively, got to good spots, should have kicked three goals and gave one off to Larkey as well. He is a deplorable kick of the footy in general play and the sooner Bergman/Goater/Arch are ready to take his spot, the better, but credit where credit is due for him today

Larkey was great and seemed to be everywhere. Would suggest playing against a backline with McGov in it is one of the more difficult tasks in footy and he handled himself very well. Kicked accurately, chased hard and made the most of playing on a first gamer. Whatever

Xerri was terrific. Genuinely working himself into first ruck contention. Starting to figure out the whole deft ruck work stuff and getting involved around the ground. Looks like we made the right move keeping him out of St Kilda's hands. Said it last week, it speaks a lot to how much we rate him that he's starting games over Todd

Greenwood was very good and I'd suggest it was why we got him from GC. The type of game you would hope to get from Cunners if Cunners was having a down game. My god Hugh is slow though. Treacle. Clearance machine whenever he has enough time to get boot to ball. Valuable asset

Jy was pox. From choccies to boiled lollies from last week. Got a hiding from Kelly

JHF I felt we misused. I would have liked to have seen him in more CBAs. He's so natural at reading the ball off hands that I think he's better suited to playing as a genuine centre square mid then deep forward when resting. I know he spent a bit of time as a mid around the ground and he was ultra clean while doing it, but I want him developed as that CSq mid ASAP. He's further along than I think we would have hoped for

Ziebell/Walker/Polec/Young the less said the better. Young earned himself some good graces last week then turned in a disappointing effort this week. Polec just didn't influence the game at all. Ziebell and Walker seem intent on forcing each other to turn the footy over. Ziebell's free kick where he just ran backwards into Ryan was arguably the dumbest thing I've seen Jack do on the footy field and he's played for us for like 12 years

First time I’ve had doubts about nobes. The one thing I really wanted to see under the new regime was improved skill level. I think our skills have gotten worse.
We really need Phillips and last years crop of draftees to be special, and you can add Perez and Comben to that list as well. We just don’t have enough talent in the current 22.

Also wtf has happened to Powell? Struggling to make best 22 and he just looked off today.

Despite the WAFLness of the team we played against I didn't think it would be as easy as suggested by some.

I did think they were gonna drop off in the 2nd half but kept themselves in the game and continued to score.

Not as disappointed as some but not really jumping for joy seeing our win.

I walked away with a 'draw' like vibe.

Over Your Head Joke GIF
Lighten up old boy, one more win than *, Dogs etc.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

With the benefit of a few hours to calm down

LDU was a big loss, he was playing very well again. Looked to finally be putting together some consistency with back to back good games to start the season. Disappointing to lose him but also a positive that he is up and about. Hopefully he can continue when he comes back

Turner swung forward was a fairly good move from Nobles. I thought he was lively, got to good spots, should have kicked three goals and gave one off to Larkey as well. He is a deplorable kick of the footy in general play and the sooner Bergman/Goater/Arch are ready to take his spot, the better, but credit where credit is due for him today

Larkey was great and seemed to be everywhere. Would suggest playing against a backline with McGov in it is one of the more difficult tasks in footy and he handled himself very well. Kicked accurately, chased hard and made the most of playing on a first gamer. Whatever

Xerri was terrific. Genuinely working himself into first ruck contention. Starting to figure out the whole deft ruck work stuff and getting involved around the ground. Looks like we made the right move keeping him out of St Kilda's hands. Said it last week, it speaks a lot to how much we rate him that he's starting games over Todd

Greenwood was very good and I'd suggest it was why we got him from GC. The type of game you would hope to get from Cunners if Cunners was having a down game. My god Hugh is slow though. Treacle. Clearance machine whenever he has enough time to get boot to ball. Valuable asset

Jy was pox. From choccies to boiled lollies from last week. Got a hiding from Kelly

JHF I felt we misused. I would have liked to have seen him in more CBAs. He's so natural at reading the ball off hands that I think he's better suited to playing as a genuine centre square mid then deep forward when resting. I know he spent a bit of time as a mid around the ground and he was ultra clean while doing it, but I want him developed as that CSq mid ASAP. He's further along than I think we would have hoped for

Ziebell/Walker/Polec/Young the less said the better. Young earned himself some good graces last week then turned in a disappointing effort this week. Polec just didn't influence the game at all. Ziebell and Walker seem intent on forcing each other to turn the footy over. Ziebell's free kick where he just ran backwards into Ryan was arguably the dumbest thing I've seen Jack do on the footy field and he's played for us for like 12 years
Agree with most except LDU - he had 4 touches in a quarter and a bit. Ordinary game before injury.

• without souva we are in big trouble.
  • only person with ball in hand I trusted with was Curtis Taylor. Skilled with vision.
  • glad to have these 2 teams first off. We are such bad year starters. Blow out those cobwebs fellas.
  • there are so many players down on form that we know they are capable of, it can only get better….. surely….

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back