Autopsy Autopsy vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

DN: I was so happy for our fans. It was 2019 since our last win here. It’s also important nourishment for our players. It’s a great celebration for our fans to come back to the ground.

He really said that?

NOURISHMENT

Going Crazy Homer Simpson GIF

Imagine Jack Darling doesn’t miss that goal.

Imagine.

I know. We would only have won by nine points.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The rest of the footy world has got sucked into the 'poor West Coast reserves' narrative which has been sickening to listen too. Our supporters shouldn't get sucked into it as well .

Not saying there aren't causes for concern but the reality is we're a side that still needs a bit of deadwood to turn over. With two rotations down, just needed to just bank the win and move on. Any poor performances should be dealt with at selection like they were last week.

Yep although there's enough deadwood keep you cosy during the long cold winter that is heading our way.

Everyone will pick everything to bits in here and rip the coaching and players, and rightfully so.

One thing I will say is that we are without a doubt, the most boring team to watch in the competition. We move the ball at snails pace most of the time and can barely hit a target.

Horrendous to watch.

Yes and I'd suggest our lack of running players is that reason

We won lost 2 of our most skilled Larkey kicks 6 be gracious in victory, sucked in wet toast. I will enjoy the Larkey 6 goals and may I never speak of it again. Does show where we are and I think we will hopefully see greater improvement start of 2024 and not 2023 as I hoped.

We won a game earlier than last season, is the only positive.

This is another deja vu season.

Limp to round 1 with senior players missing.

Get nailed every game with concussion protocols, injuries, early subs every game, lack of rotations and usually in the areas of the ground we are the thinnest.

Limp, Limp, Limp.

I'll be the contrarian; I don't think that was as bad as most here are making it out to be.

Losing LDU and TT early... no McKay... Zurhaar, Goldy, JHF, Mahoney, Walker all dinged up.

And while the narrative about WCE's 13 changes was getting lots of air time, they weren't as undercooked as some would have you believe.

It should have been a bigger win, but we are still fully in the middle of our rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely dreadful skills but a win is a win.

Losing LDU and TT completely stifled our midfield dynamic but it allowed the young guys to have a crack. Of which, they are not as ready as the other two mentioned.

SOUVA!

Goldy looked to be perhaps going into cruise control until he was needed? Weird game... he turned it on when Xerri got busy so idk..

Greenwood was our bull and kept the midfield battle balanced for long enough. Great game.

JHF is a star and the moment he lines up the goal and puts it through, we will go absolutely nuts. Almost got one today too. (His work at times surrounded by Eagles was absolutely unbelievable. What a jet!)

Haven't got much else to say other than it was Xerri's best game and the fact we didn't really do anything after quarter time.

We look super unfit. We cannot get anywhere near 4 quarter efforts. Something is not right.

Some think we are better than we are or should be . We are coming off a very low base ,this will take time . We are in a second yr of a proper rebuild there will be plenty more pain yet. I get supporters frustration as I too vomited many times during the game again,but we are just not very experienced or that organised as yet even against a vey weakened opponent.

Last edited:
Struggling to see how the coach saying after three years it’s good for the fans to be back at the ground and to see their team win is a bad thing.
Yeah, bit weird. We do have a high % of dills following us though

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Did anybody notice Dermie's new coiffure. It's still rather bouffant, but he's rocking a paler shade of fake bonde these days. I wonder if Declan noticed this when they were in the lift before the game today?
Even if Dec did, I’m tipping he won’t tell the story as many times in his lifetime that Dermie one did today. I am also just so thankful that they kept us up to date with the WC outs.

A lot of this horrific tedious gameplay is a result of the JZ Walker Bermuda Triangle
We hack our way around down back, go one side , come back, with the result that Walker has the ball

Now this is just an absolute waste of time, he cannot pass, if he does everybody on the ground knows what he is going to do…….so the opponents let him get it, they want him to get it

I don’t think I saw Scott run and carry once, or Polec, or Powell

bad luck LDU was looking good, same with TT looking like he had woken up
and yes Corr looked like a player Greenwood was excellent and Turner was far better than the other forwards

I really don’t get the Mahony thing, could not kick it from straight in front, and Zurhaar continues to compete with Larkey
He has very little game sense unfortunately

X is making progress but Simpkin got murdered by Kelly and extremely disappointed at that shot on goal
just will not be an A grader if he cannot kick goals

stood behind a big north crew
ando cunners McKay Phillips, and Spud was looking good too

Even if Dec did, I’m tipping he won’t tell the story as many times in his lifetime that Dermie one did today. I am also just so thankful that they kept us up to date with the WC outs.
I'll check Declan's twitter - maybe he's posted a story about getting into a lift and running into, believe it or not: Dermott Brereton.

To those questioning the negativity, I ask did you go to the game?

The issue isn’t the fact we are a young side expected to go poorly, it’s the multitude of issues we have across the board that are made worse when you consider the style of game we play is absolutely shithouse.

We don’t move the ball with any fluidity whatsoever. There is no system in the midfield to take advantage of the ruck dominance we have in there, and the only strategy we have is to kick it to Larkey.
The forward line is a mess. There is no blocking, leading up, crumbing at contests, etc. Thank **** for Mahony being the only small giving a shit.
As for the defence unless the ball ends up in Aaron Halls hands we have zero drive and no one who can hit a pass on the 45 to open up the play.

I don’t know where to start to address the number of issues we have at present but the list itself needs so much more development and we barely got over a side put together overnight where half the the players hadn’t met eachother and more had never played a game of footy in the same team.

I’m trying to look for positives but what Noble needs to adress is how many footballer he has on his list that he can’t trust with the ball in the hand. The ones who aren’t clean and can’t perform under pressure.
Find them and move them on because we could have 3 JHFs running around in the middle and it’ll mean nothing over the long term if we don’t have competent clean footballers supplementing the elite talent around them.

Lots and lots and lots of work to do.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back