Autopsy Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - Rd 3, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason why Scott chipped the ball around the boundary, he evolved a side that couldn't run and didn't have the foot skills so he relied on contested footy and pushing numbers back to congest space and slow the game down so we could compete defensively.

It isn't just an issue about being young or inexperienced, we are also changing the way we are trying to play and where we are turning the ball over is hurting us, it is really exposing us, we conceded 100 points from turnovers.

When we brought defensive pressure early, we competed okay, but that defensive pressure after quarter time evaporated.

Anderson was great on Bont up until he got injured.
Cunnington was okay, given how much footy he has missed, I thought he competed okay against Libba.
Goldy played relatively well against Martin.

That was about all she wrote. Simpkin and LDU have regressed from where they were at last year. Simpkin was hopeless, was ball watching, was completely unaccountable against Treloar. LDU tries to do too much offensively and is poor defensively speaking.

Young was playing like he was still a dogs player, the only players he hit on the chest by foot were the opposition in the corridor.

I can understand the way Nobel wants us to play, we are just a long way off being able to play that way. We are taking low probability passes and we don't the skills to execute it, it is exacerbating the problem of us being a young and inexperienced side, it is like trying to take up diving and going for the high difficulty dives and we are just belly flopping.

I understand how we want to play but it is going to be painful going from the side we used to be to playing this way, I think we need an intermediary system that will help us to go from A to B without belly flopping non-stop. The good sides tend to be a lot more selective about who takes the high difficulty field kicks into the corridor. In the early parts of the game the Dogs were turning the ball over as much as we were, but it wasn't going into the corridor.

I think if we just play smarter footy we will inflict a whole less hurt on ourselves. Nobel needs to make an example of the players who put the cue in the rack and gave up with the defensive pressure, that is what was unforgivable.

So not only do you have a developing list with plenty of deadweight, you then have four of your best six backmen missing from the team.

Then you have two injuries during the game, meaning there was only one senior midfielder over the age of 23 on the ground.

Add to the fact we had 11 players under 50 games, with six of them playing less than 12 games.

Some of you carrying on like the club is gonna fold and the world is ending is embarassing. Did you not watch the same sh*t last year? Melbourne, Gold Coast and Freo essentially did that to us, but we lucked out on shorter quarters.

No one cut from last year, who served up the exact same garbage, fixes any of that. Not a single of them changes what happens out there.

It sucks. It really is a blow to the chest and it hurts. No one is going to deny there is pain, but geez some of you get a grip for ffs.

Great post. The only thing I'd add is that if Brown was on the way out, then either keeping Daw or recruiting a tall forward should have been a priority because ahead of the ball we have no structure at all. If Larkey was playing against a full strength North, he wouldn't get Tarrant, Corr or Walker. He'd get Young. But right now he's getting the oppo's best back and getting killed.

When Brown was 40 games in, he was behind Waite and Petrie and getting the third tall. Larkey is getting AA quality backs.

Bulldogs midfield has really good synergy. Even under pressure they hit handball targets really well and moved in sequence to provide options for each other. It just looked very well drilled, like they knew what they were doing.

Yeah....that's about it.

Josh Bruce won't do anything else until he plays North again.

Agree! I said that last week! Lol
How can you have 105 posts and all 105 of them bag the club and players you “support”. I am a sad person writing on an internet forum but you would have to be a real ‘special person’ to take the time to troll a bunch of losers like us. Get a life.

It just looked very well drilled, like they knew what they were doing.

It's amazing what can happen when you do pre-season training.................in the pre-season.

The fans turned up. The players didn't after quarter time. The lack of effort by both senior players and some of the younger guys shows the deep rooted issues of the club.

Noble needs time because he was handed an atrocious list but the unwillingness by some of not care when the going gets tough is as clear as day.

Jz can rack up all the rankings points He wants when just bombing the ball out from a kick in uncontested but goes to ground way too easily. If he is being played in the backing so he has a spot in the side, then the captaincy may need to come off him. Nfi who it goes to because there was little to no leadership out there today.

They will trott out the same lines of things being unacceptable etc but ultimately, Same sh*t, different week.
Been saying that for years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing is worse than losing a Grand Final where you were dominating.

Finals flogging are the pits.

Seen worse but 1983 v Fitzroy at Junction Oval was diabolical.
I think we were on top of the ladder at that stage too yeah?

Reckon a few on here need to get a little perspective as to where we are and where we were as far as our rebuild is concerned.

We are at ground zero.

Another couple of years of graft before we start making serious inroads on the competition, imo.

Like to see WW next week if fit.

He was apprently running up & down on the spot today.

Perhaps Boomer & Archer's kids? That would justify a 95 goal defeat and give "hope" for the future.

Crows knocked off GC, lead well by Sloane and Walker. Sloane interviewed and he mentioned the kids, they expect them to crack in and put pressure on.

Our senior players aren't leading the way. Our kids aren't cracking in defensively. It is the difference between being competitive and not.

There’s a lot more on the way!
Definitely.

The next couple of years will sort the soft **** front runners from the staunch, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back