Autopsy Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - Rd 3, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having calmed down a bit, I can see it a bit differently than what I saw live at the ground.

We brought the effort and energy but the forward line is like hitting your head against the brick wall. Can’t score, can’t hold the ball in, can’t even half the contest.

When they eventually piled on some easy goals after all our efforts, heads dropped again and after that it was a training drill.

We can demand the fight and respect to the jumper but realistically this list is in such a shape that we can’t give effort with no reward at this stage.

Game plan and it’s adoption are also a major issue. Players look to go in board even to one on three. Can’t play out from the back either. And when it breaks down it’s ugly

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing is worse than losing a Grand Final where you were dominating.

Finals flogging are the pits.

Seen worse but 1983 v Fitzroy at Junction Oval was diabolical.
So you’re basically saying Western bulldogs are screwed in 13 years from now and they will relocate to Darwin .. sounds good . I still have nightmares from that 83 game..

If I could win, I'd win a game for you

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When Atley turns it over
Although he's alone
And we cough up a goal
That's when I think of you

When we get a possession
And we give it straight back
When we're going nowhere and there's no-one there
And we're feeling like such fools

It's all that I can do
I'll go mad following you

When there's no one up forward
And disposal's just shyte
And there's no hope in sight

When we're last on the ladder
And playing like hell
And the game plan is such that you can't even tell
That the coaches have a clue

It's all that I can do
If not for the thought of you
The promises of dreams come true

When the backline is injured
And the mids are too slow
When it looks like we'll score an easy goal
But we just can't make it through

It's all that I can do
If not for the thought of you
The promises of dreams come true

(1) 1927 - That's When I Think Of You (1988) - YouTube

Right now, we are a comatose shell of a footy club, and the optimistic "suffering now for success later" chatter has never been hollower (never mind the always-ridiculous canard that the only choices are playing like this or being mid-table forever). Nearly every player out there is very clearly and very rapidly losing confidence in both their own abilities and what their teammates can do to support them; hence all the dropped easy marks, the constant failed attempts to pull off low-percentage plays from guys like Simpkin and LDU, the predictable kickout strategy, the completely uninspired short kicking in the backline coming unstuck nearly every time, or the few who bother to put in the required effort all charging at the guy with the ball and leaving an opponent or three free goalside... because basically none of them have any idea what else they can do to solve our many, glaring problems. Tell me again how completely gutting our ability to even compete is going to win us flags in the future?

In the last forty years, these are the only teams with a worse record than us after three games:
St. Kilda 1985 - 0-3, 34.71%
GWS 2012 - 0-3, 36.95%
Melbourne 2013 - 0-3, 35.02%
History hasn't exactly shone on where any of those sides have ended up...

This isn't how our 'rebuild' has to be, and no-one should be absolving those currently at the club (be they players, coaches, whatever) of responsibility for debacles like today. On what grounds does anyone select this team and not expect our backline to be undersized and exploited by their tall targets? Or pick three debut-season midfielders and not expect them to do their best but not contribute more than a couple of positive moments? We were amorphous on the field for pretty much every second of the match - apart from the passage of play that led to Larkey's not-goal in the second term, I can't think of a single moment where we looked like we had a clearly-defined plan and executed it. Who is going to set the standard of accountability around the club that stops us even getting close to putting in performances as wretched as that? We visibly deflated as last year wore on, and it showed on the scoreboard - so to put in three insipid showings in a row at the start of this season as well should be thoroughly disconcerting to anyone not desperately trying to spin this garbage into a sellable narrative.
Nice to see a post 100% grounded in reality. Performances like this help no one and are a drag rather than boost in the development of young players. There's a serious stink around us and more these type of losses come, the deeper we dig into the hole.
Any belief that success will come from this, is wishful thinking at the moment.

Definitely.

The next couple of years will sort the soft **** front runners from the staunch, that's for sure.

The fans?

Hmmm it’s a pretty harsh call. The road train down the Hume in 2015/16 in good times was obvious

But sheesh it’s a tough call to get those Southern Nsw fans to come down for beltings; not much enjoyment in that.

So I guess the question is if you pay your Membership are you considered less staunch because you choose to watch Kayo, have the pain over in 2 hours, or give up a whole Sunday to travel down, or across?

Ok the games over so lets move on...This season is all about development.. l'm sure at the start of the year we were not expecting to lose players such as Tarrant, McDonald, Corr, Bonar, Xerri, Cunnington, Anderson, Perez and Taylor at almost the same time....We are a jigsaw puzzle without all the pieces at the moment..Players are being asked to play above the weight division...l have no doubt we will not win many, if any, games this season and there are going to be some beltings. One thing l will say is we need to have some forward structure and Larkey is not the answer to our problems there. This is where it is hurting us atm...We need another tall to help him and l think Xerri might need to play there....

How didn't we expect it though? Our medical team and physios are a bunch of ****ing wastemen!

How can you have 105 posts and all 105 of them bag the club and players you “support”. I am a sad person writing on an internet forum but you would have to be a real ‘special person’ to take the time to troll a bunch of losers like us. Get a life.
Invest in a Mel way!!!!

Players or supporters?
I remember 83 that wasn’t pretty . Essendon 2002 that was ugly the cats 2007 .. shocking . But i also remind Richmond 1990 . CarLOLton 2004 . We’ve smash teams to .. but for **** sake pick a coach that has a game plan ..

Didn't really help that some absolute flog dogs supporter off his head started to give it to us in Aisle 39. Almost caused a fight too.

Anyways, besides the sh*t performance, I am proud that the North faithful rocked up. Really good turnout.

As for Noble, he will definitely be handing over the big crosses next to some players that Rawlings will have to deal with.

Play for the jumper or reap the consequences. I like it.

How bad was he!?! I chuckled when he called Zurhaar fat de goey though lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started the day by bumping into the so very awesome Anthony Stevens. Told him how ace he was in front of his boy River, who Stevo reckoned didn't always think his dad was awesome :-D Had a joke with my best little mate and after yacking for a few minutes off we went. Saw Kingy walking the boundary, so I gave him a solo rendition of "Give us a wave" which he was good enough to do, and in turn I gave him a similarly solo cheer. That overturned goal was the killer, imo, or at least the bullet, and it all went Pete Tong from there. Short kicks killed us, turnovers killed us, sh!t umpiring was in abundance and they are a jammie bunch of so and sos. How in tarnations did that hack kick 10?? Young Charlie just became my fave player and hopefully snags the #21 next year. LDU was lucky my best little mate and I had no matches on us as we'da gone and burnt down the billboard of him at Rye if we did. Jeepers Luke. Ben10 is a footballer, Stepho tries, Big Benny and Walker were brave and selfless, but ultimately drowned and Jack wasn't horrid, but a defender he is not. Nice to see young Will straight line the ball. Zurhaar is becoming a deadset cat. A different view from the tele.

The day was interupted by a couple of crowd controllers who were ultimately doing their job, but ffs, when you land in the lap of someone, at least give a "sorry mate" or an "excuse me" so they person knows what's going on, or can move. To be told that they are sitting in an awkward spot, when they are sitting in their ticketed seat is just rude and dumb. Get some simple manners please. Google Pat Rafter who was very bloody good at saying "sorry mate".

Or something.

That kick from Tommy Powell in the 2nd quarter, well, nowt wrong with the kick itself, just 5 dogs raffled who was to get it. They knew he would centre it before Tommy. Well, so did most of the crowd I reckon.

Ah well

Didn't really help that some absolute flog dogs supporter off his head started to give it to us in Aisle 39. Almost caused a fight too.

Anyways, besides the sh*t performance, I am proud that the North faithful rocked up. Really good turnout.

As for Noble, he will definitely be handing over the big crosses next to some players that Rawlings will have to deal with.

Play for the jumper or reap the consequences. I like it.

That goose in the black t-shirt ?

Would be a bigger call to say it isnt
Worst fwd line I’ve ever seen
Small fwds embarassing
Small and mid defenders no silk or class
Youth overated for mine
There is a mentally weak cancer in club
The cancer is mentally weak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad