Autopsy Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - Rd 3, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’m glad a couple of you are waking up to Segal’s uselessness.

Guy’s a bit of a figjam too.
There's been on and off talk about him here for years. We've had a lot of conditioning/injury worries for a long time, and he's always remained bulletproof.

First I've heard about him being a figjam though, not exactly a bloke you see/hear of too much. Have some stories?

There's been on and off talk about him here for years. We've had a lot of conditioning/injury worries for a long time, and he's always remained bulletproof.

First I've heard about him being a figjam though, not exactly a bloke you see/hear of too much. Have some stories?
Observations from ‘open training’.

You’d be amazed how many club officials (including players) are dismissive & condescending towards supporters.

This is why I’ll always think of person like Drew Petrie in the highest regard. From his first year, all the way through his entire career at North he always had time for everybody. Always humble and courteous to the supporters/members of the club.

Just a genuinely good person.

Gaso, probably good to eye one more key defender over the next year or two. McKay has shown himself capable as the direct replacement for Tarrant, Corr as the versatile defender, Walker when not needed fwd (but I prefer him fwd). Tarrant the consummate pro but not long left.
Forward line is horrendous. By all means deem Brown not worth his $$$ demands, but Larkey isn't a #1 forward by any stretch. I liken him to Drew Petrie in many ways, but doesn't have the mongrel, the 1%ers, or the grit like Drew did. Drew could play key fwd, CHB, ruck... Larkey survives on being a bit of a fwd/ruck, but maybe doesn't do enough of each specifically and survives on being a combo of both.. in cricket terms a "bitsa".. (bitsa this and bitsa that) .. which isn't working. He's a good kick within 40. Leave him fwd, but he needs help there.
Larkey gives up front position far too easily.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Snake abusing everyone who is trying to stay positive about where we are at, and abusing those who don’t agree with him. While he continue drink alone in his dark room flinging crap at everyone and getting nastier after every beer he drinks.

How can we seriously p*ss that attention seeker off? He disgraced himself last night. Even got sucked into abusing Richmond supporters on the Bay13 forum. Absolute clown. And the type of operator who flings s**t from the cheap seets, but never buys a membership.

Young was awful early
Thomas might need a spell
Hall didn't want to be out there

Zurhaar looked interested
Phillips will be hard to beat one on one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved Ben Brown but right now a) he isn’t playing, and the knee concerns may have been a big part if the decision to trade him, b) we keep him, we don’t get Stephenson, who is one of my very favourite things about an otherwise dispiriting start to the season, and c) we’ve had plenty of terrible games with Brown playing.

The list decisions after 2020 were so significant they had to be approved at the top of the club and clearly indicated that the club was signing up for short term pain and calling for patience as it tried to develop sustainable higher quality. Signing Noble sent the same message. And here is the pain. I don’t like it, at all, but it was coming.

We have a smaller group of strong, experienced players now, and of that group a smaller number who are very good players too. The fact so few of the key senior players are available is horrible, and I agree that strength and conditioning is the place where the club should be looking very hard. It can’t always be bad luck, not every year.

Yesterday was worse than I expected and way worse than I hoped. But I’ve seen other clubs have these days, these months, these seasons. It happens, just not to us. All we can do from this side of the fence is keep showing up and take heart from how things have turned around for those clubs. We will have good days again, and great days.

Crows knocked off GC, lead well by Sloane and Walker. Sloane interviewed and he mentioned the kids, they expect them to crack in and put pressure on.

Our senior players aren't leading the way. Our kids aren't cracking in defensively. It is the difference between being competitive and not.

took them a whole year to work this out though didn’t it

I loved Ben Brown but right now a) he isn’t playing, and the knee concerns may have been a big part if the decision to trade him, b) we keep him, we don’t get Stephenson, who is one of my very favourite things about an otherwise dispiriting start to the season, and c) we’ve had plenty of terrible games with Brown playing.

TBH Mason Wood would have made us look better yesterday. We may have been able to retain some shape infront of the ball.

Tom Campbell would have made us look better.

I'll hold that what we saw in the first quarter is what we are trying to do. That's the aim. High pressure attacking footy.

Losing Corr was significant. He'd have taken Bruce.

Cunners both needing to play and being underdone was significant. Watching the warm up and I reckon he was blowing hard during that.

There are so many factors that both lead to this point and then went wrong yesterday it's hard to describe without posting a full on essay.

I am very interested for Rick's breakdown this week.

Yesterday was worse than I expected and way worse than I hoped. But I’ve seen other clubs have these days, these months, these seasons. It happens, just not to us. All we can do from this side of the fence is keep showing up and take heart from how things have turned around for those clubs. We will have good days again, and great days.

Yes.

I've been pretty annoyed with a few things that have played out with my membership over the last couple of years. It's pretty clear they need us now more than ever.

Also the members wing during that play leading to the disallowed goal. That is what I want to feel.

Absolutely not whilst they're not ready.

The chickens are coming home to roost for the "develop them in the AFL" delusionals. Suck it up folks. You asked for this.

Well I called for this in 2013, but better late than never.

At least we know where we are at.No more snake oil, no more easy fixes.

it’s a very simple equation.

Need to get in a capable replacement ruckman in asap!
Xerri as 2nd tall/ruck but he's no #1 starter.

On the list of things we need right now Goldy's replacement is barely a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back