Autopsy Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - Rd 3, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It matters nought mate. They're not ready until they are ready. If you get comfort from believing any differently then delude yourself.
Um...just another little point you’ve forgotten snake - we delisted 25% of our list last year. We actually don’t have many more options than to play the kids right now. They are our list. (Not to mention the injuries).

There are 3 people I think should copping heat for this result:

Segal - been at the club for eons, responsible for "high performance" which encompasses conditioning and so on.

Our availability has been for the tip for years, we lose players with alarming regularity and when they get gone, they stay gone.

How does he survive cull after cull?

Rawlings/Luff - without knowing exactly who does what internally I'll lump them together.

Yes, we needed to refresh and revive the last few seasons. But paring back the list to the extent they have, giving up such experience on so many positional lines - well here we ******* are.

Ben Brown copped so much sh*t last year but it was obvious and several said so at the time, that Larkey was nowhere near capable enough yet to step in and lead the forward line. He may well never be.

Our defence is shredded when just keeping a little more experience would've insured it from being completely exposed as it is.

Yes we needed to rebuild but not like this, not with such a brutal cut that the kids will soon trail off their effort and get lost in a rudderless structure.

For this reason it's Luff and Rawlings who should be held to account for how exposed the squad is.

I'll make a prediction btw - we have got Goldstein so stretched now, we'll snap him.

I just said it in another thread, but I'm holding off on the Ben Brown judgement for now. A quarter of the season will be gone before he's back, for all we know there's some serious damage there and the likelihood of maintaining his availability just wasn't high enough for us.

The Segal criticism though, I'm fully on board. Questions over him and the medicos in general and I can't help but wonder whether without the COVID cuts we might have brought some new life into those areas this year.

Um...just another little point you’ve forgotten snake - we delisted 25% of our list last year.

I assure you mate, I have not forgotten that,

We actually don’t have many more options than to play the kids right now. They are our list. (Not to mention the injuries).

Brilliant list management hey?

Now all we need is 2 or 3 of them to get banged up badly by contesting against too many mature bodies too early, and then we will have hit absolute rock bottom.

Probably won't build fitness with a slow down the line game plan

AFL matches are not designed to be fitness programs.

This is supposed to be addressed before the season starts.

No they aren't. But they do certainly help build it.

I have to agree that chasing opposition players for a few years will most likely develop their endurance.

It won't develop much else though.

Um...just another little point you’ve forgotten snake - we delisted 25% of our list last year. We actually don’t have many more options than to play the kids right now. They are our list. (Not to mention the injuries).
CAA33B7C-00F5-41A5-AF91-563E3E9FA195.gif

Didn't really help that some absolute flog dogs supporter off his head started to give it to us in Aisle 39. Almost caused a fight too.

Anyways, besides the sh*t performance, I am proud that the North faithful rocked up. Really good turnout.

As for Noble, he will definitely be handing over the big crosses next to some players that Rawlings will have to deal with.

Play for the jumper or reap the consequences. I like it.
Yeah I saw him bet he never went to a game before the Bradbury

Injuries has nothing to do with it, the list progression caused this car crash.
Let’s build a time machine and go back to last October and let’s re-sign MacMillan, Daw, Durdin and co.

Better still let’s go back to 2019 and sack Shaw and keep Scott.

Or how about 2016, after our shit showing against the Crows let’s re-sign Petrie, Firitto, Dal Santo and Harvey.

It’s time to forget about all the mistakes which were made in the past and focus on our reality. And right now we have a bunch of kids who aren’t ready for AFL footy but are forced to play because our injury list is longer than Kim Jong-un’s list of murder victims. We are in deep shit, and wont start finding a way out of this cesspool until we start getting our best players back.

There are 3 people I think should copping heat for this result:

Segal - been at the club for eons, responsible for "high performance" which encompasses conditioning and so on.

Our availability has been for the tip for years, we lose players with alarming regularity and when they get gone, they stay gone.

Rawlings/Luff - without knowing exactly who does what internally I'll lump them together.

Yes, we needed to refresh and revive the last few seasons. But paring back the list to the extent they have, giving up such experience on so many positional lines - well here we ******* are.

Ben Brown copped so much sh*t last year but it was obvious and several said so at the time, that Larkey was nowhere near capable enough yet to step in and lead the forward line. He may well never be.

Our defence is shredded when just keeping a little more experience would've insured it from being completely exposed as it is.

Yes we needed to rebuild but not like this, not with such a brutal cut that the kids will soon trail off their effort and get lost in a rudderless structure.

For this reason it's Luff and Rawlings who should be held to account for how exposed the squad is.

I'll make a prediction btw - we have got Goldstein so stretched now, we'll snap him.
Indeed.

Oh f' off.

Are you his dad?

Polec was terrible and Jon Hay style trade.
Our list management, strength and conditioning have been ordinary for a few years now. The standards aren't there. It has left us with journeyman footballers who just aren't going to take us where we want to be. Atley, Hall, Turner, Walker, Tyson, Campbell are just average senior footballers.

Injuries as well to Perez, Comben, Garner, W.Walker have left talented players stunted.

What we are seeing right now is the result of all that.

There is young talent on the list but the standards need to be raised 100%. Players need to demand more from each other across the board. No more being nice to each other demand excellence all the time.

you’ve missed one positive they all have very good property portfolios🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs are a very good side
Their skills are pretty scary compared to us
What was obvious from level 3 is that we can NOT, as a team, stick to a man
Every time they ran it out of the backline, we couldn’t pressure them
It is different to describe how absolutely disastrous this is under the new rules because a skillful team like the dogs just play keepings off... then kick a goal
We might get it, cough it up, they kick another goal
We cannot get it back and we can only match opponents intensity for say a quarter and a bit, that is exactly how it looks
At one stage someone kicked it in the air to Lazaro and Turner...we don’t have the imagination to kick the Chaos ball

the players are partly physically incapable of putting on pressure, I get that, but they are undeniably Soft and just have to toughen up

I’m just watching the replay - been out- but I can’t bring myself to watch it all.

We are not rebuilding, we are a shambles. The administration have destroyed this club and don’t deserve to demand our hard earned to have to watch this sh*t.

If they were running a business (which they are) we would be in administration.

We offer sh*t trucks like Larkey a 3 year extension - I have never seen a ‘key forward’ second to the contest more in my life.

We put sh*t trucks like Turner in the leadership group.

We trade out players like Ben Brown (yes I know he is not the solution) but we keep players like Aaron Hall and Dom Tyson.

Zurhaar, Mahoney, Atley, Polec all frauds.

Half of our list wouldn’t get a game in opposition VFL lists, let alone on an AFL list.

The only thing we seem good at is ruining promising young players careers.

And I think the 2020/21 period of delistings and drafting will prove to be an absolute disaster.

I am ropable and disgusted in what this club has been turned into. I have seen the bad through the early 70s and 80s but this is worse than anything I have witnessed.

I quoted after last week that we simply don’t have the supporter base or financial strength to survive this level of rebuild , and that it has the potential to destroy the club and I stand by it - we are a joke.

Yawn. Are you gonna spew up and cry after every game this year?

The "play the kids" delusionals are currently getting the greatest football education of their lives, and they're having trouble accepting it.

Wow how good could this be? The two biggest snowflakes on here are talking to each other. By the end of the season they’ll have moved well beyond foreplay.
Absolutely not whilst they're not ready.

The chickens are coming home to roost for the "develop them in the AFL" delusionals. Suck it up folks. You asked for this.

**** off. You are a complete snowflake. Harden up and stick fat. Stop sooking.

Didn't really help that some absolute flog dogs supporter off his head started to give it to us in Aisle 39. Almost caused a fight too.

Anyways, besides the sh*t performance, I am proud that the North faithful rocked up. Really good turnout.

As for Noble, he will definitely be handing over the big crosses next to some players that Rawlings will have to deal with.

Play for the jumper or reap the consequences. I like it.

Ahhh so that was you copping that crap. I was in row K three or four behind you and I said to Mrs Toes “Here we go. Fatso down near the aisle getting all cocky and lippy. I’m in if this kicks off!”

From there she repeated “DON’T” each time the rotund one piped up.

FWIW I thought you handled it well mate.

That twat was a condescending turd.

As for the game........

It played out pretty much as I expected, only worse on the scoreboard as they ran riot in the end.

We couldn’t sustain the effort and Jed going down having kept Bont quiet prior seemed to open the floodgates.

We simply didn’t have an answer down back, as we all knew going in.

That’s a lesson the new gen who played won’t forget in a hurry.

If only we had zero injuries and these kids had the support they’d have expected to have at AFL level. It’s going to be a bloody long year.

Ahhh so that was you copping that crap. I was in row K three or four behind you and I said to Mrs Toes “Here we go. Fatso down near the aisle getting all cocky and lippy. I’m in if this kicks off!”

From there she repeated “DON’T” each time the rotund one piped up.

FWIW I thought you handled it well mate.

That twat was a condescending turd.

Next time ignore Mrs Toes and give the offending party a bunch of fives : stern look

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% absolutely.

The entire medicos team, Segal and everyone related to our fitness and medical staff need the arse, they've basically destroyed our list, damaged their careers,and overall hurt the club as well as not getting the entire team to be fit enough to run out a 4 quarter game, sans Goldstein and this has been happening for years.

Someone's gotta be held accountable, its unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back