Bell just has to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade him.

Lots of pace, kicks the ball like a dart, hard, tough at it, strong. Can play anywhere.

Pick 20 please.

And sneak up on him from behind when you tell him Bails, he won't notice.

Re: Bell just has to go.

Couldn't agree more.Your average person in need of a guide dog has better periferal vision and more awareness. Was better in the last quarter when he went into the midfield where his damage is minimized. 2nd round pick would do me.

If only he could enhance his awareness, he could be such a great player. He is a clanger creator at times unfortunately, but I think with our pace related issues, in conjuntion with some of his more positive attributes, we should persist with him. That is unless, of course, we can draw a quality pick for him.

Cut our losses - just shit... uh I mean he has great potential as a leader and very quick off the mark, his spatial awareness sets him above the crowd.

Now Crows, trade us a good pick or young'un and its a deal!

He is pathetic. Him and Bartram are the epitome of useless footballers. Absolutely hideous use of the ball (not just today) and basically are helping the opposition mount an attack when they are on the field.

Once he got into the midfield he did show a little bit.
We are lacking in outside midfielder's with pace.

Anyone willing to part with a pick under 35 for him?

Just got home after today's disaster. In addition to Bell , we should go in hard and get fair dinkum with our trades. No clubs would be interested in Bell, Bartram etc etc..we need players with some sort of currency. Thats why I would bite the bullett and seriously go after Kerr ..or any other player like him on the market. Trade players like McLean, Sylvia and Cam Bruce and Green. Davey is the one and ONLY playe who is untouchable in the club. The rest are tradeable.Today was the lowest of lowest. See you next year.

Just got home after today's disaster. In addition to Bell , we should go in hard and get fair dinkum with our trades. No clubs would be interested in Bell, Bartram etc etc..we need players with some sort of currency. Thats why I would bite the bullett and seriously go after Kerr ..or any other player like him on the market. Trade players like McLean, Sylvia and Cam Bruce and Green. Davey is the one and ONLY playe who is untouchable in the club. The rest are tradeable.Today was the lowest of lowest. See you next year.

Right......

So, Morton, Grimes, Garland etc - tradable in your eyes?

No thanks to Kerr.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, we will be right. There's no need for you to come back.

In addition to Bell , we should go in hard and get fair dinkum with our trades.

Probably the first good/smart/judged thing you've said on this board. Possibly ever.

No clubs would be interested in Bell, Bartram etc etc..we need players with some sort of currency.

Bell might draw some interest, is a good height, can play tall or small, is a decent age at 23/24, agree on the Bartram call.
We need players with currency, good call there, how do you propose to get them?

Thats why I would bite the bullett and seriously go after Kerr ..or any other player like him on the market.

You say we have no players with currency but then we propose we trade for Kerr, or anyone like him with 'currency', how do you propose we get them?
Add to that that any marquee player we go after probably won't be around for our next premiership, it's better to persist with the crop we currently have and hope we can get something out of them.
Players such as Buckley/Morton have all the tools to become our own marquee player.

Trade players like McLean, Sylvia and Cam Bruce and Green. Davey is the one and ONLY playe who is untouchable in the club. The rest are tradeable.Today was the lowest of lowest.

Sure, let's just trade away any seasoned player with talent on our list, while we're at it, let's pick up an older player who will not make it to our next premiership.
These players are currently worth a lot more to us than anyone else, a few years ago is when we should have traded them, then they had a decent amount of value, now we'd be lucky to get 2nd rounder for them, and for the leadership and maturity they bring to the team they are worth a lot more than that to us.
Also trading Brock Mclean? Any specific reason for this? Or is the same tired old argument of 'he has no pace'? If so, that's a very weak argument, because whatever we get in trade is not going to be lightyears better than him, and potentially could be a lot worse if we're talking draftpicks. If we're talking about Kerr or a player of that ilk, Mcleans game isn't really that far off Kerr's, in a better team Mclean would be pushing for a brownlow going on the form he showed at the start of the year.

See you next year.

Or not.
Feel free not to come back.

You are all wrong. Nearly all our players this year have been shit so I dont know how you can pick out Daniel Bell. At least the last couple of weeks he's started to play well again unlike the rest of the team, with those desperation spoils and breaking the lines. He will be at Melbourne next year and he will be good, guarenteed.

You are all wrong. Nearly all our players this year have been shit so I dont know how you can pick out Daniel Bell. At least the last couple of weeks he's started to play well again unlike the rest of the team, with those desperation spoils and breaking the lines. He will be at Melbourne next year and he will be good, guarenteed.
I agree he will be very good next year, and I can't believe how much crap he's copping especially from BC.
All though I still support my idea of trading 1 or 2 of our 23 and above year old players if we can get top 25 picks for them.

EDIT: SHUTDOWN - the coach is on our side deeswant13
Bailey said just three Demons stood out to him against the Tigers, with no evidence of players playing for survival.

"[We] didn't see it today, did we?" he said.

"We didn't see anyone really, other than Whelan, who is a competitive beast and Bell is a competitive guy and Matty Warnock plays every game as if it's his last. We didn't have enough of those blokes today."

I once thought that he would be able to rip it apart. However the window he had to prove himself before he becomes bait has closed. It's only a matter of time before the trade window closes as well. We must be smarter in trading. We could have got something special for Yze a few years ago, instead he has delivered slop for the last 3 years...

We wouldnt even get anything for Bell, might as well give him one more year, then if he hasnt improved, delist him...

No way in this world Bell will be traded.

For one, Bailey obviously has a liking for him, highlighted by the fact that he's mentioned Bell's name in the past two weeks in games where it was hard to find winners (not so much this week though in Bell's case). The fact that he gave him a run in the midfield after half time was a sign that he's willing to let Bell play there after the article a few weeks ago in which he said himself that he'd like to be given a chance there.

Furthermore, the club wouldn't be so unwise as to allow the publishing of such an article in which Bell stated he loved being at Melbourne and didn't have any plans to move back home if they did have plans to trade him. If they do trade him now, it's disgraceful.

"...Bell is a competitive guy"...well, we all know how much that word means to Bails.

And another thing, AFL is No. 1, I'd recommend you read what Bailey has to say before making statements like "we should go after Kerr" when he's already stated that there's no chance in hell we'll be going after him.

Furthermore, the club wouldn't be so unwise as to allow the publishing of such an article in which Bell stated he loved being at Melbourne and didn't have any plans to move back home if they did have plans to trade him. If they do trade him now, it's disgraceful.
Shane Woewodin?

As for Bailey's comments, I think he's just pumping his tyres up, give him a bit of trade value. Shrewd work from Bails.

We have our worst decision makers in the backline yesterday, Bell, Carroll and frawley i have a heart attack every time they get the ball in their hands.

We have our worst decision makers in the backline yesterday, Bell, Carroll and frawley i have a heart attack every time they get the ball in their hands.

That's a little bit harsh on Frawley.
He isn't a bad decision maker, he just likes to go for a run with the ball, and by the time he's done running he realises he has no one to pass to...

Still, I don't mind Frawley's game, to me he's like a bigger, more defensive Simon Buckley.

That's a little bit harsh on Frawley.
He isn't a bad decision maker, he just likes to go for a run with the ball, and by the time he's done running he realises he has no one to pass to...

Still, I don't mind Frawley's game, to me he's like a bigger, more defensive Simon Buckley.

His kicking is certainly on a par with Buckley's :D

I think Frawley has ability, but he needs a bit more time to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bell just has to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back