B: Wright - Thompson - Hansen

HB: Atley - Tarrant - Mullett

C: Higgins - Jacobs - Macmillan

HF: Harvey - Petrie- Wells

FF: Thomas - Waite - Wood

FOLL: Goldstien - Swallow - Cunnington

INT: Ziebell, Dal Santo, Garner, Anderson
Like this team.

Only thing I'm worried about is Thompson playing on one of the key forwards every week, I'm pro him playing as an attacking third tall where he plays on smaller opponents who he can destroy in the air

Like this team.

Only thing I'm worried about is Thompson playing on one of the key forwards every week, I'm pro him playing as an attacking third tall where he plays on smaller opponents who he can destroy in the air
We don't have anyone else good enough, apart from Tarrant, or fit enough, in the case of Nielsen, or ready, in the case of Durdin, to play on the talls so he has to play that role.

We don't have anyone else good enough, apart from Tarrant, or fit enough, in the case of Nielsen, or ready, in the case of Durdin, to play on the talls so he has to play that role.
Tippett has the build to play that role. Hopefully he does well in the NAB games so he and taz can lock down key defence with Thompson third tall

I reckon Tippett can have a year like Taz did last year which would help us structully

Haha I know your thoughts, but I still see Drew as a very valuable forward.
Tippett has the build to play that role. Hopefully he does well in the NAB games so he and taz can lock down key defence with Thompson third tall

I reckon Tippett can have a year like Taz did last year which would help us structully
He might have the build but I doubt he has the talent. The difference between Tarrant and Tippett is that Tarrant always had the ability, he just needed to get his body right. Tippett is a stopgap should Tarrant and Thompson get injured at the very best, and even then I would play Durdin and Nielsen before I would select Tippett. He has no offensive game whatsoever and he is a terrible kick. A lack of offensive ability would be fine if he was an elite lockdown defender but he is nowhere near that standard.

He might have the build but I doubt he has the talent. The difference between Tarrant and Tippett is that Tarrant always had the ability, he just needed to get his body right. Tippett is a stopgap should Tarrant and Thompson get injured at the very best, and even then I would play Durdin and Nielsen before I would select Tippett. He has no offensive game whatsoever and he is a terrible kick. A lack of offensive ability would be fine if he was an elite lockdown defender but he is nowhere near that standard.
Tippett actually has a very good and penetrating kick, watched him a bit in the VFL where he got a couple of best on grounds with 25+ possession games. Just needs an extended run in the seniors for that form to translate IMO

Im backing him to surprise a few this year. Tippo, Taz and Thompson the three Ts will form a formidable combo

I think Tippett's massive weight gain before last season really reduced his mobility. He appears to have slimmed down a bit this year, so hopefully he can get back to playing some better footy. Everyone seems to forget that he was more than capable in the games that he played in 2014.

Like this team.

That's my biggest concern with our side this year as well, but there simply doesn't seem to be any other option unless you fancy seeing tippett on Walker again... #nightmarematerial

I won't say this is the best team, but it has the highest ceiling and represents what should be the true pecking order as it stands right now:

FB: Firitto - Tarrant - MacMillan
HB: Atley - Thompson - McDonald
C: Higgins - Swallow - Harvey
HF: Wells - Petrie - Thomas
FF: Ziebell - Waite - Cunnington
R: Goldstein - Dal Santo - Clarke
I/C: Garner - Daw - Anderson - Wood

EM: Jacobs - Brown - Turner
Dumont - Mountford - Hibberd
Hansen - McKenzie - Mullet
Wagner - McKay - Durdin
Wright - Black - Nielson

37 blokes who I would be happy enough to see play, 5 of the emergencies being former 1st round draft picks.

I won't say this is the best team, but it has the highest ceiling and represents what should be the true pecking order as it stands right now:

FB: Firitto - Tarrant - MacMillan
HB: Atley - Thompson - McDonald
C: Higgins - Swallow - Harvey
HF: Wells - Petrie - Thomas
FF: Ziebell - Waite - Cunnington
R: Goldstein - Dal Santo - Clarke
I/C: Garner - Daw - Anderson - Wood

EM: Jacobs - Brown - Turner
Dumont - Mountford - Hibberd
Hansen - McKenzie - Mullet
Wagner - McKay - Durdin
Wright - Black - Nielson

37 blokes who I would be happy enough to see play, 5 of the emergencies being former 1st round draft picks.
Replace Harvey with McKay and I reckon it's spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My quickfire best 22.

Anderson Waite Thomas

Higgins Petrie Wood

Wells Ziebell Gibbo

Atley Tarrant McDonald

McMillan Thompson Wright

Goldstein Swallow Cunnington

Dal Santo Brown Clarke Harvey

Deserve to play: Jacobs Hansen Firrito Turner Garner

.....against any decent sized forward line I'd have Firrito in for someone.....

What the fudge is this junk?

Has everyone forgotten about how ****ing good Jacobs was late last year or something?

We played significantly better with him in the side stopping the best mid each week. Out of 12 or 14 weeks he only had his colours lowered twice and that was to Bont and GAJ.

First picked along with Goldy imo

What the fudge is this junk?

Has everyone forgotten about how ******* good Jacobs was late last year or something?

We played significantly better with him in the side stopping the best mid each week. Out of 12 or 14 weeks he only had his colours lowered twice and that was to Bont and GAJ.

First picked along with Goldy imo
Wouldn't even count Ablett as we took the tag off at half time for some inexplicable reason,

Atley Tarrant McDonald
Firrito Thompson Wright
Wells Cunnington McMillan
Harvey Brown Ziebell
Waite Petrie Thomas

Goldstein Swallow Higgins

IC from: Dal Santo, Jacobs, Anderson, Wood, Garner, Dumont, Hansen

Did not expect to have Spud in there!
Mullet and Turner thereabouts. Daw if Brown is not right.
Probably forgotten someone!

Atley Tarrant McDonald
Firrito Thompson Wright
Wells Cunnington McMillan
Harvey Brown Ziebell
Waite Petrie Thomas

Goldstein Swallow Higgins

IC from: Dal Santo, Jacobs, Anderson, Wood, Garner, Dumont, Hansen

Did not expect to have Spud in there!
Mullet and Turner thereabouts. Daw if Brown is not right.
Probably forgotten someone!

thats my team right there
would love to c DAW GARNER ANDERSON DAL on the bench - McDonald is my only worry (Mullet for me probably takes his place - more run and a goal kicker)

Petrie to rest on the bench allows goldy to go forward and to to play ruck on occasions. would love to c Daw on the ground when the opposition ruckman get tired - will run him off his pants.

Dose any one think Ryan clark can take sam gibson spot in the team or do you think gibson is in our top 22 100% And if clark is in our top 22 who comes out

We must get the back 6 right for round 1 as that's where the Crows could hurt us.

Who are the match ups for Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and Betts?
Atley on Betts
Firrito on Lynch
Thompson/Tarrant on Walker/Jenkins

Need one of our half backs/back pockets to help out when long ball comes in to chop out our key defenders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back