Prediction Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok..... I thought I'd give this a go. It's not necessarily our best 22 but more likely what we roll with in round one. Some assumptions have been made, like Jacobs not training with the main group and not playing in the intras or NAB1. My thoughts are he might not be ready, and I'm comfortable that we can win round one without him.

I snuck over to the crows board and checked their general consensus on their round one team, as ours is its a matter of opinion and not set in stone. Below is how I think it could shake out in just 34 days.

B) Wright Thompson JMac
(Betts) (Jenkins) (Menzel)

HB) Spud Taz Atley
(Lynch) (Tex) (Cameron)

C) Wells Cunners Gibbo
(Seedsman) (Smith) (Sloane)

HF) Higgins Waite Boomer
(Laird) (Hartigan) (Hampton)

F) LT Petrie Brown
(Brown) (Tahlia) (Lever)

R) Goldy Swallow Dal
(Jacobs) (Douglas) (B.Crouch)

Int) Garner Jack Jed Maj
(M. Crouch)(Knight)(Milera) (Thompson)

Emg) Hansen Luke Wood Clarke
Unavailable) Jacobs Turner
Stiff as ****) Mullett Dumont BMac

Gibbo plays a neg job on Sloane
Wright gets first crack at Betts
Wells to smack Seedsman going the other way
Maj gets the last spot on the bench, he looks fit and quick atm, however Luke or Fishy could take that spot as another cover option for Betts.

Ok..... I thought I'd give this a go. It's not necessarily our best 22 but more likely what we roll with in round one. Some assumptions have been made, like Jacobs not training with the main group and not playing in the intras or NAB1. My thoughts are he might not be ready, and I'm comfortable that we can win round one without him.

I snuck over to the crows board and checked their general consensus on their round one team, as ours is its a matter of opinion and not set in stone. Below is how I think it could shake out in just 34 days.

B) Wright Thompson JMac

HB) Spud Taz Atley
(Lynch) (Tex) (Cameron)

C) Wells Cunners Gibbo

HF) Higgins Waite Boomer

F) LT Petrie Brown
(Brown) (Tahlia) (Lever)

R) Goldy Swallow Dal

Int) Garner Jack Jed Maj

Maj gets the last spot on the bench, he looks fit and quick atm, however Luke or Fishy could take that spot as another cover option for Betts.
Way too too heavy having all of Brown, Petrie, Daw and Goldy.

Maj out for a running type. LMac or Wood in.

For Rd 1, we should leave out underdone players - Hansen, Jacobs, Brown, Gibson

B: Firrito, Tarrant, Atley
HB: Macmillan, Thompson, Wright
C: Wells, Ziebell, Dal Santo
R: Goldstein, Swallow, Anderson
HF: Harvey, Waite, Higgins
F: Garner, Petrie, Wood
I: Thomas, Daw, Cunnington, McDonald
E: Mullett, Clarke, Dumont

B) Wright Thompson JMac

HB) Spud Taz Atley
(Lynch) (Tex) (Cameron)

C) Wells Cunners Gibbo

HF) Higgins Waite Boomer

F) LT Petrie Brown
(Brown) (Tahlia) (Lever)

R) Goldy Swallow Dal

Int) Garner Jack Jed Maj

It's tough isn't it.

Cameron probably won't come up for them.
At this stage I think I'd be happy to go with Wood over Brown. I think somehow Luke will play as well, just not sure how.

In saying that a lot can change from now to round 1.

Way too too heavy having all of Brown, Petrie, Daw and Goldy.

Maj out for a running type. LMac or Wood in.
As I wrote below my team, Maj looks fit and fast so didn't think we would lose much. Also if (God forbid) Goldy was to go down, we would be DOUBLE ****ED with Jacobs in the other side. But as I also said Maj could go out for Luke or Mullett to take Betts if he gets hold of Sammy.

It's tough isn't it.

Cameron probably won't come up for them.
At this stage I think I'd be happy to go with Wood over Brown. I think somehow Luke will play as well, just not sure how.

In saying that a lot can change from now to round 1.
I hope we learn the lessons of not playing Brown last year. When he is in we win more often than not. Wood will play games this year, just not week 1 imo.

Haha, well it's still 34 days away, he could be flying and any number of other blokes could be battling by then. He played in the intras, if he plays NAB 2 and 3 he will be right to go.

Just don't want any guys in there who haven't done 99% of the preseason.

As I wrote below my team, Maj looks fit and fast so didn't think we would lose much. Also if (God forbid) Goldy was to go down, we would be DOUBLE stuffed with Jacobs in the other side. But as I also said Maj could go out for Luke or Mullett to take Betts if he gets hold of Sammy.
He is not fit and fast. Would be a liability to our teams run if we went in with that. Would get done around the ground and shown up in rotations.

Maj still tires and disappears in games unfortunately.

Good for backup IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not fit and fast. Would be a liability to our teams run if we went in with that. Would get done around the ground and shown up in rotations.

Maj still tires and disappears in games unfortunately.

Good for backup IMHO.
You don't think he is fast?? Ok.

The prevailing thoughts were that when the sun rule went, Maj would be the beneficiary of it. The sub rule is gone.
But for the third time, I did put in my team post, that he would be the one to go out for Luke or Mullett if there would be a change.

We must get the back 6 right for round 1 as that's where the Crows could hurt us.

Who are the match ups for Walker, Jenkins, Lynch and Betts?
Tarrant on Walker, Spud, Wright or JMac on Lynch, Wright or Thompson on Betts and Hansen, Thompson or Spud on Jenkins. We've got plenty of options to play on those players without having to relive the absolute nightmare that was Tippett on Walker.

Tarrant on Walker, Spud, Wright or JMac on Lynch, Wright or Thompson on Betts and Hansen, Thompson or Spud on Jenkins. We've got plenty of options to play on those players without having to relive the absolute nightmare that was Tippett on Walker.
Tarrant on Walker
Tippett on Jenkins perfect Matchup for him
Thompson on Lynch, perfect for him as he stays 3rd tall defender, can be more aggressive on rebound and not get monstered

B: Wright Thompson Firrito
HB: Atley Tarrant MacMillan
C: Higgins Dal Santo Wells
HF: Ziebell Waite Harvey
F: Thomas Petrie Anderson
R: Goldstein Swallow Cunnington
I: Brown Jacobs Garner Gibson
E: Hansen Turner McDonald Wood Nahas Dumont Daw Mullet
Nice to have depth. Not even taking into account Clarke.

I see Majak Daw playing more than Ben Brown This year because with the abolition of the sub rule it allows teams to play another second ruckman/forward. My reasoning centres around Daw being better athletically (10 times better actually) and being able to tackle and pressure when the ball hits the ground (unlike Clown shoes Brown). Majak is clearly a better second/backup ruckman also which will contribute to helping Goldy.

I see Majak Daw playing more than Ben Brown This year because with the abolition of the sub rule it allows teams to play another second ruckman/forward. My reasoning centres around Daw being better athletically (10 times better actually) and being able to tackle and pressure when the ball hits the ground (unlike Clown shoes Brown). Majak is clearly a better second/backup ruckman also which will contribute to helping Goldy.
You think Brown's no good when the ball hits the ground? Righto.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Best 22 - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back