Media BI Productions Presents: S37 List Assessment & Posting Stats + S34-36 catch-up

Remove this Banner Ad

We could have had three clubs play two games in the same week (one per round for three rounds) and not had mid-week games. But everyone prefers mid week games :).
Same thread or two threads, doesn’t matter.

Same thread or two threads, doesn’t matter.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Sorry for the delay in response, I obviously needed to consult the stats first before I delivered my rebuttal here.

What I've done is look at each of the clubs in the last three seasons (so not including the Old Boys' foundation season obviously) and their recruitment practices

View attachment 2005653

So this is pretty simply broken down into which players are rookies or returning players, ie you're just generating activity from scratch, not taking from another club, and which players were signed from rival clubs, and the ratio. So the Old Boys are one of four clubs to have poached more than they've produced, the Demons are actually the worst in this regard, whereas the Wonders have managed to build a pretty good list without signing anyone from other clubs.

And then there's the last column, which I've called 'total posts plundered', and this is just the total number of posts in the previous season by players that have been signed from within the SFA. And in this stat, no one even comes remotely close. The Royals have far less than a third of this total.

I know it's also gonna be an indicator that you do well at enticing players across but objectively the Old Boys take far more out of the comp than they put in and I think I've shown it here.
You've just put into words, exactly what we all knew anyway.

Comrades! Throw off the chains of oppression! The bourgeois Upper Class is trying to rob the hard working Working Class proletariat. Rise up!

It's trickle down qootonomics or something...

Enjoy the crumbs.

Sorry for the delay in response, I obviously needed to consult the stats first before I delivered my rebuttal here.

What I've done is look at each of the clubs in the last three seasons (so not including the Old Boys' foundation season obviously) and their recruitment practices

View attachment 2005653

So this is pretty simply broken down into which players are rookies or returning players, ie you're just generating activity from scratch, not taking from another club, and which players were signed from rival clubs, and the ratio. So the Old Boys are one of four clubs to have poached more than they've produced, the Demons are actually the worst in this regard, whereas the Wonders have managed to build a pretty good list without signing anyone from other clubs.

And then there's the last column, which I've called 'total posts plundered', and this is just the total number of posts in the previous season by players that have been signed from within the SFA. And in this stat, no one even comes remotely close. The Royals have far less than a third of this total.

I know it's also gonna be an indicator that you do well at enticing players across but objectively the Old Boys take far more out of the comp than they put in and I think I've shown it here.

"Plundered..." LOL!

I hand it to you big_icky, your statistics coach serial_thrilla is certainly good at massaging data.

Comrades! Throw off the chains of oppression! The bourgeois Upper Class is trying to rob the hard working Working Class proletariat. Rise up!

That's no way to work your way up from Coprolite access.

View attachment 2005653

Old Boys were a legitimate expansion club voted in by it's peers, a lot of those stats are due to actual starting up, now check the failed expansion bids and see where their players were coming from. Those stats were always going to happen in the first few seasons, now we have a settled list we will just pick the best players from other clubs when required.

Old Boys were a legitimate expansion club voted in by it's peers, a lot of those stats are due to actual starting up, now check the failed expansion bids and see where their players were coming from. Those stats were always going to happen in the first few seasons, now we have a settled list we will just pick the best players from other clubs when required.

No need to worry about the pearl-clutching church ladies, tut-tutting their way through carefully curated data and cherry picking which axe to hone.

The best players still find their various ways to Spotswood Academy.

No need to worry about the pearl-clutching church ladies, tut-tutting their way through carefully curated data and cherry picking which axe to hone.

Players swap clubs every season mate, that's what the SFA is all about, some clubs just recruit better than others, same as the AFL the better run clubs get the chocolates.

Also here's just an extra analysis with a Marxist lens.

View attachment 2005654
I'd just like to point out I added more posts to the league than the Demons took from other clubs so really we're growing the league.
Plus the Hawks taking tarks almost cancels out our posts taken from rivals by itself.
So really we're good for the league, not the ruling elite that you make us out to be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So really we're good for the league, not the ruling elite that you make us out to be

Don't bother justifying yourself with the bolshies... when you're branded a kulak, that's it.

"Plundered..." LOL!

I hand it to you big_icky, your statistics coach serial_thrilla is certainly good at massaging data.

That's no way to work your way up from Coprolite access.

I bet Supersuns has a bunch of prefab graphix perfectly suited to your new campaign, campaigner.

Players swap clubs every season mate, that's what the SFA is all about, some clubs just recruit better than others, same as the AFL the better run clubs get the chocolates.

I hope your boy wasn't counting posts by posters not with the Old Boys anymore.

Don't bother justifying yourself with the bolshies... when you're branded a kulak, that's it.
Oh dear big_icky - it looks like you hit a nerve.

I hardly think it’s a manipulated truth that the Old Boys sign highly active players from other clubs at a rate that far exceeds any other club in the competition. Everyone already knew that, I just put it into a table.
Glad you have the time!

Thanks 👍🏻

Thanks DemurePrincess, you are definitely the one poster in this league that can make me feel like I spend too much time on this!
You’re welcome! 😘

Best I run along to RL… best you run along and make another useless chart to share 😉

I hardly think it’s a manipulated truth that the Old Boys sign highly active players from other clubs at a rate that far exceeds any other club in the competition. Everyone already knew that, I just put it into a table.
Putting it into a graph with nice shiny colours makes it real.
Adventure Time GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Media BI Productions Presents: S37 List Assessment & Posting Stats + S34-36 catch-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back