Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

We just don't have enough depth, to be able to push sides in the last quarter.

Plus we have no small forwards, so it makes everything hard.

Another ****en close game lost.
Agree with the comment regards depth, however the two players you couldn't afford to lose in Josh Treacy and Alex Pearce were 'huge losses' but regardless, you guys are not far off it. You do have plenty of collateral in the way of a number of decent draft picks with your own round one pick, along with a round one pick (tied to Collingwood), round one pick (tied to Port Adelaide), round two pick (tied to St Kilda) and a round four pick (tied to St Kilda), so with some 'smart drafting and recruiting' including a couple of smart pressure forwards and goalkickers, Freo could be a real force in future or at the very least highly competitive. GOOD LUCK - PS, get rid of Banfield.

Hard to know if I should be venting, being optimistic or resigned to accept that this team just can’t win a trick for a third week in a row. They gave it a fair crack and the game was there for the taking - again.

GWS we’re just better and Freo were not able to get it done.

If it burns for me then I can only imagine how it burns for the team that took to the park today.

Please let's not waste our 2 x top 10 picks on Bolton/ Baker.

I'm just flat. I copped some flack back in March for saying Longmuir wasn't the guy even though we were undefeated.

We have no mongrel, no hard edge and are just a bit flacid. Players only seem to go out due to injuries not based on form.

Subbing off Fyfe was mental. I love him to bits, he was performing significantly better than others. If he can't handle a full game after a week off it is time to hang up the boots.

If it was tactical, it was a downright dumb decision and deserves proper scrutiny.

Those 2 misses by Johnson- other youngsters would be written off if they did that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I’m going to need a lot of convincing on johnno from here on in .

Certainly the “ difference in attitude “ by supporters towards this bloke as opposed to Ras is certainly eyebrow raising

Please let's not waste our 2 x top 10 picks on Bolton/ Baker.

I'm just flat. I copped some flack back in March for saying Longmuir wasn't the guy even though we were undefeated.

We have no mongrel, no hard edge and are just a bit flacid. Players only seem to go out due to injuries not based on form.
Fair enough you don’t want him but what your describing right there is the epitome of what baker brings as a player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know how you can argue we’re not close. These teams have two years and 50+ games experience on us and are the most in form teams in the comp and we push them right to the end missing our three most important players.

Are GWS no where near it because it took a 50m penalty to get a full strength experienced over the line at home?

GWS same age profile as us

Now Collingwood has won they are another team that can knock us out of the 8. I am so ****ing done with this footy club.

Difference is we have control over the outcome there, with Carlton we do not - and of course it HAD to be Carlton.

With Collingwood, it's absolutely criminal that they plan a home game and then an away game in Melbourne against Melbourne the following week. Outright and utter corruption.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back