Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

That Jye Amiss play down the wing was pure:

Well Done Ok GIF by funk

I don’t blame Bailey . It’s not his fault he is playing.
It’s the incompetent coach selecting him and then ignoring Bailey’s game costing, pathetic efforts.
BB was the screaming obvious player to be subbed out….. but no.
His best is serviceable but his worst is diabolical.

I don’t blame Bailey . It’s not his fault he is playing.
It’s the incompetent coach selecting him and then ignoring Bailey’s game costing, pathetic efforts.
BB was the screaming obvious player to be subbed out….. but no.
Banfield is capable.
But the roles these players are playing remind me of Ross Lyon’s coaching. So exhausting and tough on individuals.
Bailey can only play so many positions.
Sharp was just as bad, but his mistakes were at goal. Couldn’t kick one under no pressure.

Drop Cox and bring in McDonald. I don't care how much lack of match fitness he has. He can't do any worse. Drop Draper and give Davies a go as well.

Banners lost us that game. He seems like a nice fella but it is time to be ruthless and not let him put on the jumper again.

Amiss's goal kicking was pathetic. Seriously, you can excuse a bad game but not a season's worth of bad games. He has some serious work to do over the off-season to learn how to ****ing kick properly. I'm going to lose my shit if he comes into next season with the same moronic routine. How he expects to make it as a KPF when he can't get any momentum through his kicks I have no idea.

Noddy should not have been sub. He gave more in 20 minutes than half the side gave all day.

Just one of Pearce or Treacy plays and we win that. This season has killed us with injuries to key players- especially at this stage of the season.

Reidy showed up the match committee for the dumb campaigners they are. He plays the last month and we are 2 wins better off at a minimum.

Some of the coaching decisions during the game were baffling. Not taking a one legged Cox off Hogan. Subbing Fyfe and not Banners. Making the sub during the 4th quarter and not earlier. Not putting a hard tag on Daniels when he absolutely creamed us. I put the loss squarely on Banners but JLo has to hold his hand up and say he ****ed up.

The performance as a whole gives me some optimism that we can beat Port next week but I am not holding my breath.
We have lost four games at the selection table.
We have no idea on using a sub player ; we either pick the wrong player and or swap out the wrong player.
I don’t blame Banners. It’s not his fault .
Please Justin, get out of my totally ****ed life.

Reid was huge?

Lost the hit outs, 0 marks, 6 disposals.

This board sees what it wants to see.
He wasn't huge, that's true, but what was, was the impact on structure. Assuming all fit we can now:

1) Replace Darcy with Voss - Jacko 1st ruck / Treacy 2nd (best on paper but risks Treacy injury)

2) Replace Darcy with Reidy, keep forward line the same (less output but keeps forwards the same, less risk to Treacy, allows Jacko to ruck well for 20% of the game).

If we're playing a brute like Briggs/Nankervis, it's option 2, all day every day. The return on structure was huge. We could have, and should have, won yesterday and would have smashed Essendon & Geelong playing like that. We're also missing the fact that Reidy will likely continue to improve.

I know it's disappointing we lost and the season is looking ****ed, but that was an enormous positive from yesterday. The other one was the potential return of NOD (not sold on this yet), the continued growth of Johnson, and the further proof that rotating our mids through the fwd line is highly effective (especially Serong).

So I'm down, but it's really hard not to be excited about watching this team for the next 5/6 years, especially if you're adding Bolton or Warner to it.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t read a post in here yet but if it hasn’t been said, Banfield is done. Liked what Reidy offered and it was great to see NOD back. Very interesting he came in for a couple of centre bounces. Few positive out of yesterday but Banfield isn’t one of them. Catch ya.

He wasn't huge, that's true, but what was, was the impact on structure. Assuming all fit we can now:

1) Replace Darcy with Voss - Jacko 1st ruck / Treacy 2nd (best on paper but risks Treacy injury)

2) Replace Darcy with Reidy, keep forward line the same (less output but keeps forwards the same, less risk to Treacy, allows Jacko to ruck well for 20% of the game).

If we're playing a brute like Briggs/Nankervis, it's option 2, all day every day. The return on structure was huge. We could have, and should have, won yesterday and would have smashed Essendon & Geelong playing like that. We're also missing the fact that Reidy will likely continue to improve.

I know it's disappointing we lost and the season is looking ****ed, but that was an enormous positive from yesterday. The other one was the potential return of NOD (not sold on this yet), the continued growth of Johnson, and the further proof that rotating our mids through the fwd line is highly effective (especially Serong).

So I'm down, but it's really hard not to be excited about watching this team for the next 5/6 years, especially if you're adding Bolton or Warner to it.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Bolton and Warner you mean

Brent Daniels had 13 tackles yesterday
Darcy Jones had 7 tackles
Toby Greene had 4 tackles

Banfield, Switta, Frederick, Jackson, Amiss and Sturt had 14 tackles. That's ****ed and I suspect if I check more games, then I will see the same guys doing **** all defensively.

Champion Data rates us as one of the easiest teams to transition the ball against. It makes sense when our forwards allow teams to bounce the ball out like a ****ing trampoline.

Does he pressure ?

I really like him and he’d slot in as our number small forward, but I feel like he plays a tall role (isolated inside 50), out marks small defenders rather than pressure. He does crumb exceptionally well.

He kicks goals which brings pressure, we can get by with an Emmett if we have Bolton who has the ability to kick 40+ goals in a season standing next to him. Right now Switta is probably our best small forward who can't kick 20 goals in a season.

Cooper Simpson can be our tackle machine with class in the future. Daniels is actually his perfect comparison if we can develop him right and get games into him

I agree. I still see his first game in my brain.

He needs to be in asap next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Big Big Loss - Giants over Freo by 9 points in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back