Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am really warming to the idea of getting Mitch Grigg to carlton
6 Goals, 31 Possies in a losing Grand Final Team is impressive. Only 19
With a solid pre-season to trim down a bit, could be a gun.
Any love for Grigg?
giphy.gif

Just watched the repeat...

Dialogue was:

Caro: Are you interested in MM

Juddy: Yes we are interested

Hutchy: Yes he has nominated Carlton

Caro: blah blah mature age state players could be part of the trade for MM

Juddy didn't confirm or deny.

Yeah, i rewatched it and it was actually Caro who directly said Yes to Hutchy's statement. But Juddy imediately went on to say we will now sit down with Adelaide and work out a deal for him.

The point is still the same. McGovern has nominated us.

I have heard on the vine we have just enquired about Melbournes value of Jayden Hunt. Can anyone confirm?

Also, has anyone nominated us yet from GWS?
Fell off the radar this year. He had a good 17 and I know he had an ankle injury in the VFL this year. Whats the story?

Maybe they do have to...

Maybe GC don't accept a future pick in the late teens and a current second rounder (which they already have a few of, to go with 3x first rounders) for a contracted, 26yo KPP who happens to be their captain.

Pick 5 is overs. I'll grant you that. Maybe GC are happy to add a late second into the mix given their bevy of picks. But at the end of the day, when your premiership window is wide open, paying a little over market value for a player that provides exactly what you're lacking isn't just OK, it's probably necessary.

May at full back, Frost on the second tall, leaving Lever to play his ideal loose intercept role. That's what Melbourne would be thinking about. And giving up Smith or King for that isn't a bad deal. Especially seeing as they're only getting pick 5 by letting Hogan go. Hogan (24yo key forward with spotty form, injury issues and shaky commitment) for May (26yo key defender, club captain, good for a suspension a year). If Melbourne can cover Hogan (McDonald, Weideman, Preuss?) then it's smart list management in my book.

If that Pick 5 gets tossed around in moves for Neale, Hogan and May, I very much expect that it will end up at the Suns. May might not be worth it, but the Suns should be firm in demanding that pick without a doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps to become captain. Will be announced sometime during next week after Grand Final

#bluemour

I have been in the Doc camp for a very long time, but hard to argue with this decision.

Cripps is a monster and a champion player. He seems a really nice guy, a great role model and would be a brilliant marketing tool for the club.

Can't go wrong with whichever way they choose.

Fell off the radar this year. He had a good 17 and I know he had an ankle injury in the VFL this year. Whats the story?
I just heard we have enquired about him and the value Melb has on him. Like you mentioned he had a serious ankle injury but he also seemed to fall a little out of favour due to his consistancy. He is signed till 2020 so its probably nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back