Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's absolutely ridiculous that the AFL haven't told the clubs that it will be for the 2025 draft period onwards given clubs have already been trading with a mind to next year. AFL proving again they are amateurs.
Surely any changes won't impact til 2025 - clubs would have already been preparing for 2024 with future picks etc. Would just be common sense

SOS really showing how petty he is now. Has it taken for him to be at another club for us to see this, or is there a bit extra because its us? Him and Dodo may be closer than we thought.

(I don't think its just us given the Henry trade issues)

It's ridiculous how SOS is demanding 40 for Coffield yet thinks Dow should be free when their circumstances are almost identical. I'd be happy to send Dow to the PSD if he maintains this line.
I'm not sure we'd do that, but it'd have nothing to do with SOS. Perhaps if it was another player, someone who'd had a less impressive attitude, but I think we'd possibly take (slight?) unders to look after Paddy if it came down to that or PSD.

Then again, I have no idea how discussions are going, but maybe if SOS keeps pushing so hard then Austin will get frustrated and stop talking to him...

SOS really showing how petty he is now. Has it taken for him to be at another club for us to see this, or is there a bit extra because its us? Him and Dodo may be closer than we thought.

I was never as big a fan of him during his tenure with us as some others but surely this is just him trying to achieve the best possible outcome for his employer?

I'm not sure we'd do that, but it'd have nothing to do with SOS. Perhaps if it was another player, someone who'd had a less impressive attitude, but I think we'd possibly take (slight?) unders to look after Paddy if it came down to that or PSD.

Then again, I have no idea how discussions are going, but maybe if SOS keeps pushing so hard then Austin will get frustrated and stop talking to him...

I don't have an issue with taking unders. I accept we will be. I have an issue with getting nothing. A 4th is unusable so worth nothing.

I don't think there is any onus on us to give Dow away for nothing just because of his attitude. Plus he will get to Saints in the PSD anyway.

Fairly cheap way to show we won't act in good faith if the other party isn't willing to reciprocate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was never as big a fan of him during his tenure with us as some others but surely this is just him trying to achieve the best possible outcome for his employer?

The best possible outcome for his employer would be locking Silvagni in his office come draft night with no phone or internet so he can't be involved in any picks 🤣

I think it goes a little beyond this. So many examples of good clubs not mucking around with player or pick movement over the years. No surprise those clubs have been the most successful. Reputation and player contentment (via ease of movement) must count for something.

Not really. SOS walked Martin to the PSD. What makes you think he'd do us any favors?
He is obliged to get the best deal for his club, and if he thinks the PSD is no risk then that's what he'll do.
It sucks, but if we really wanted decent trade value for Dow we would have signed him on a 1-2 year deal earlier in the year.

Milhouse_Van_Houten.png

Said earlier this year that E.Hollands looks like he's fallen off a cliff performance wise... so im glad the ITK info supports that and it isn't my eyes going on me at the ripe old age of 27. When he made his debut last year he looked hardened and hungry for opportunity and this year he's looked like a total plodder. Still has a lovely kick on him but was weak, fumbly and timid in 2023.

Hoping being in a team with Ollie with Vossy and Crippa leading the troops will be enough for him to get back on track. His natural talent is massive but he needs a huge pre season and some supportive teammates who will get him back to the game winner he was in juniors.

Enjoying the GC lifestyle too much! There was a ‘drinking’ comment mentioned a few weeks ago by an ITK…

Not really. SOS walked Martin to the PSD. What makes you think he'd do us any favors?
He is obliged to get the best deal for his club, and if he thinks the PSD is no risk then that's what he'll do.
It sucks, but if we really wanted decent trade value for Dow we would have signed him on a 1-2 year deal earlier in the year.
That was after offering a 2nd and a 3rd, more than reasonable. Martin was only walked to the PSD because Cochrane with a pocket full of AFL assistance over-ruled his list management team to make a stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back