Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of the long bombing do you put down to the following:
- player looking like they are acting under a coaching directive
- player under pressure from the opponent
- player lacking poise to lower their eyes
- player getting overexcited and ignore coaching instruction
So, the middle two, and more importantly, which of the first & last options? That is the question. Is the whole team that silly or has it been drilled into them?

How much of the long bombing do you put down to the following:
- player looking like they are acting under a coaching directive
- player under pressure from the opponent
- player lacking poise to lower their eyes
- player getting overexcited and ignore coaching instruction
- forwards not leading, calling for the high ball

Jack Silvagni will play a lot of games next season because he can play multiple positions at a good level and none at an elite level. Looking at this season he could have easily played most of our games despite not being best 22.

Over his time he has played key forward, third tall forward, part time ruck, rover and a little bit in defence. I think next season he should be trained as a key defender. Which I think will suit him. Think he could play third tall back or 2nd tall defender.

These abilities also make him the ideal sub.

For these very reasons Jack will be valuable for us next season.
Don't count on Jack playing much next season..

From memory (according to articles/news I used to see): I thought Burgess was regarded as the best in the business, then went to Liverpool, came back and his reputation wasn’t as good.

Now, he’s back to being the best?
Not sure about that. Had two years at Arsenal after his gig at Liverpool.

From memory (according to articles/news I used to see): I thought Burgess was regarded as the best in the business, then went to Liverpool, came back and his reputation wasn’t as good.

Now, he’s back to being the best?
I read an interview with him (so obviously from his perspective) where he said a change of team manger happened and the new guy brought in his own s&c people and there was friction around his hands-on approach Vs their expectations he would have more an oversight role

Burgess at Melbourne had them in absolute tip top shape both on and off field. No coincidence since his departure the club has descended into complete chaos. I don't even care if he's the 'best' or not, as long as we can get our injuries to just on par with other teams I'd be happy. For almost a decade we've been consistently the worst or one of the worst for injuries practically non stop. Injury prone players definitely play a part in that but change was needed and Burgess is the top of the ladder in current footballing circles.

Good luck with the likes of Marchbank, Martin, Cunningham and Williams (assuming we keep them all), you'll earn your money there.
I really doubt we'll be keeping most of the above. Surely?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of Adelaide's injuries this year have been either contact or players who have had injury troubles prior to Burgess arriving, correct? Agreed there's no guarantee it'll work out but you try and get the best regardless of if getting the "best" has burnt you in the past, especially if there's no indication he's washed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree but don’t call me Shirley 😜
leslie nielsen et GIF

I just dont think he's in our best 22 anymore and he's never really been a dangerous forward

Recon Jack’s a depth player next year, Kemp has more talent and has looked good as a forward. Which is fine, Jack will still get some games…

Though the move Jack into defence chant.

Sounds like the, move TDK to defence because his brother plays there and the move Harry to defence because his brother plays there, chant from a month or so ago.

I might “unwatch” this thread until Melbourne leak to the media they are interested in Cerra and our first for Petracca?

Proof is in the pudding, if he can get us to a normal or less than normal injury list week in and week out then we’ll be playing in GF’s.

I just hope he’s a believer in individual programs and can look outside the box to find differing remedies.

I also pray he’s a believer in building fitness at a lower level of football and doesn’t believe training blocks can imitate an opponent trying to smash you at every turn in the full effect of top level football

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I pray he can build hamstrings

Wow, looks like JSOS is the only player in Carlton history not to get better while injured!

FFS people, JSOS is 2nd only to Crippa in “want to win”, he was kicking ass before the injury.
People have seemingly forgotten how important it is to have a bloke on the field who is an incredibly smart footballer (something we seriously lack), halves every contest regardless of being out numbered & provides a solid lead up option.

With TDK improving he will 100% further improve the side as his inclusion stops Crippa/Kennedy taking ruck (which is blatantly stupid for Crippa to be doing IMO), it gives us a much more mobile, quick, effective spread & defence from clearance.

Two rucks will never be seen again (apart from injury) only problem we will face is that Voss wasn’t loving him but there has be growth and adaptation to our game style - JSOS seriously helps that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back