Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have permission to post as source feels it's well known in the industry.

Source : former player, current journalist/commentator (non Melvourne) in discussion with an agent who has multiple Melbourne players on his books.

• Petracca contract "re-signed well aware of a number of major issues ongoing at Melbourne. Contract inflated as a result."
  • More issues non-Petracca related have since arisen impacting club wide
  • Injury and the way it was dealt with has been a major catalyst but not the be all end all
  • "There comes a point of no return. Melbourne have blown past it there times over "
  • Petracca has "chased Carlton well aware of their list situation . Would want to add to what they have and chase premierships not replace it."
  • Melbourne are in no win situation. They've ****ed up. Have no grounds to stand on. Petracca has allegedly "already engaged with the AFLPA reps which for Melvourne are Marty Hore and Tom McDonald. It's gone beyond them."
  • Belief that if a move is there for him it'll be done without hiccup.
  • Not a case where Carlton is pursuing a contracted player. Petracca has identified Carlton.
  • Will renegotiate his contraxt from scratch "He will leave big money on the table. Will make it up after footy at Carlton. He knows money doesn't buy happiness"
  • "Would take a mass clean out for him to stay at Melbourne. Trust broken across multiple departments. It will not happen."
To me, this is sounding like Trac may well be pursuing a Grievance action against Melbourne. If this happens (and there are a lot of steps to go through in the process), it's possible we get him for nothing. Possible, I say, not likely - but I do think it increases the likelihood that Melbourne cut their losses and take a lesser trade deal.

Thanks for the info! Do find the part about "adding to the list" interesting. Even if he took a pay cut his contract is still gonna be a very big chunk of our cap. Hard to see how we fit it in without another big earner leaving.

Personally took that part as an "in an ideal world... Money grows on trees" type sense. Surely something has to give.

The people who are coy about "going after another messiah" will change their tune very quickly if we land him...

Not really. It all depends how much we are giving up. Like we would be pissed off we gave up TDK and frp for him. If it were exchange for frp and no player than I doubt we kick much of a fuss.

Have permission to post as source feels it's well known in the industry.

Source : former player, current journalist/commentator (non Melvourne) in discussion with an agent who has multiple Melbourne players on his books.

• Petracca contract "re-signed well aware of a number of major issues ongoing at Melbourne. Contract inflated as a result."
  • More issues non-Petracca related have since arisen impacting club wide
  • Injury and the way it was dealt with has been a major catalyst but not the be all end all
  • "There comes a point of no return. Melbourne have blown past it there times over "
  • Petracca has "chased Carlton well aware of their list situation . Would want to add to what they have and chase premierships not replace it."
  • Melbourne are in no win situation. They've ****ed up. Have no grounds to stand on. Petracca has allegedly "already engaged with the AFLPA reps which for Melvourne are Marty Hore and Tom McDonald. It's gone beyond them."
  • Belief that if a move is there for him it'll be done without hiccup.
  • Not a case where Carlton is pursuing a contracted player. Petracca has identified Carlton.
  • Will renegotiate his contraxt from scratch "He will leave big money on the table. Will make it up after footy at Carlton. He knows money doesn't buy happiness"
  • "Would take a mass clean out for him to stay at Melbourne. Trust broken across multiple departments. It will not happen."
Love this!!

More like

ShaneMcMahonMiz-05.gif

Yep - I just worry we are going back to that Messiah complex. Hope I'm wrong

We've always pursued the messiah

That seems to be the difference here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If not Burgess, then who?

Me.

I am lazy as ****, don’t like running long distances, so why should I tell other people to run. No one will suffer a hamstring or soft tissue injury ever again.

We see what we want to see.

I’ve got an uneasy feeling about us landing this big fish.

Hope it doesn’t stink us up!
Don't get the negativity now, on Trac. Absolute beast, will have no long term effects from injuries. Dees are an absolute

schmozzle and are between a rock and a hard place. This is now a beautiful scenario for our great club and its supporter's.

I reckon a change of environment would do wonders for Petracca. Get him out of that cesspool. Fancy the president of the club not contacting one of your star players to check on their well-being after the trauma he's gone through. What kind of employer does that?

Last edited:
He is undoubtedly a gun.
It's all about what the cost would be.

Well... to quote a great man... "You've gotta give something to get something..."

There were murmurs about Cerra going to Melbourne... he might not be so keen now that the place is imploding, but nevertheless, he might be part of the trade.

They are set to lose a lot of talent... apparently Kosi wants to go to Port, Neale-bullen is out the door among other rumours of players wanting out...

If they are smart about it, they will go after picks now while they can... Tassie soon to come...

They're not contending without Trac and Kosi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back