Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. The one thing that stinks about the whole mess is that he went straight to the media to air his dirty laundry. Now he's staying there and having to turn up and face his teammates and pretend it's all good. Can't see that working for long.

Just sit back and peruse what will happen at Melbourne over the next 2 months and be reminded that Petracca got what he really wanted

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fat and lazy bloke getting a game ahead of others purely because of his talent... not sure we'd want to set that standard...

Out of all of *'s games against top 8 sides this year, I can only think of the Freo game where he played really well? Maybe also the Swans at the SCG? Am I missing any others?
Scored 17 of his 42 goals against the top 8 and 4 against the dockers.

we wouldn’t want to set the standard of a forward other than Charlie or Harry having a 40 goal season?

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

He’s very good friends with Saad

Think I’ll trust Saad’s judge of character

I do think Stringer is lazy and has had trouble a decade ago but he would be a huge addition at the right price as a UFA (presumably that’s what he is)

Lake was a known psycho before the Hawks took him and arguably was the difference in those flag winning teams

There is no trophy at the end of the season for virtue. The modern world may be obsessed with it but things have not changed in reality.

There is however a trophy for the team that wins the flag at the end of the season and that is the one we want.

I don't think there has ever been a premiership won by a team of angels and nor will there ever be.

My issue with Stringer is his performance. His ability is way higher than his recent season performances. His last really good season was years ago. Would he come to us and pull his finger out?

All football clubs need to come to a point where they are grown enough to handle all types. Our culture and maturity should now be set in stone. While we weren't ready to handle less professional players 3 or 4 years ago plus. I would like to think our club, like the Hawthorn's, Richmond's, Geelong's, Collingwood's etc of the past is now ready to do so and also ready to experience the success those sides did in their prime.

If he is going to pull his finger out and wants to come to us then fine. Stringer at his best is one hell of a get for us. Otherwise I am sceptical.

Put it this way: compare Petracca's statement with the statement from Harry's manager a couple of days ago.

Which one sounds like a player who is dedicated to their club, and which one sounds like an attempt to calm the horses for as long as they can manage it?
Happy to ride the loopy 'hope train' a little longer. Got a week to kill.😄

Last edited:
After a nights sleep I’m happy that he’s not coming.

Imagine after winning next year with him in our team.

All will say it’s because of him.

Don’t want anything or anyone to take that celebration from Cripps and his soldiers.
Nice point.
Still want him though. Strong faith that no-one can steal Crippas glory. 😉

One thing that consoles is hope that Warpa returns to his best. That we get him whatever help is needed for his back.
Now if it can't be fixed ...that's another reason we need a premium mid.
Ditto Cerra.

If we had confidence they could recover to sustained full strength, Trac is not that important.

Context!

Stringer would be an interesting one, if Martin goes then a plausible 30-40 goal replacement. Doubt the club would have the cahones to ride the public backlash over personality though 😁.

I don’t think it will happen and IMO we don’t need him. Our issue isn’t talent. It’s how we work together as a forward line and also how we deliver it is my issues

Charlie McKay Silvagni Kemp Moir Elijah O’Keefe TDK Lemmey Monahan Kennedy all on our list as tall/mid tall fwd options is easily enough Individual talent and good enough

Fair to say that although these things can be fluid throughout that some our alleged ITK posters have been proven to be a fair bit off the mark in regards to Houston and Petracca.

Things change a lot and quickly. I passed on info that we weren’t looking at either.
However, wouldn’t surprise me if things change over next month. That’s life

I appreciate anyone’s info or comments. Keeps it interesting

I have been told by people that should know that we aren’t looking at any “big” names and are focussed on draft BUT if someone wanted to come to us we would alway look at it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair to say that although these things can be fluid throughout that some our alleged ITK posters have been proven to be a fair bit off the mark in regards to Houston and Petracca.

Things change very quickly throughout the industry, but most aren't ITK, moreso getting 2nd, 3rd hand information which can have its own slant attached

But, it's always an interesting discussion point

After a nights sleep I’m happy that he’s not coming.

Imagine after winning next year with him in our team.

All will say it’s because of him.

Don’t want anything or anyone to take that celebration from Cripps and his soldiers.
Let’s not forget we’ve still got a finals series to play out.

Win it this year, along with Cripps taking out the Brownlow as the icing on the cake.

Then win the next 4+ years with Petracca.

Five-pete has a nice ring to it!

Scored 17 of his 42 goals against the top 8 and 4 against the dockers.

we wouldn’t want to set the standard of a forward other than Charlie or Harry having a 40 goal season?

You reckon he's gonna kick 40 with Harry and Charlie there?

Like I said, he played a couple of good games against top 8 sides... the Dockers aren't in the finals ;)

Why wouldn’t he kick 40 with Charlie and Harry there? Should be easy if owies can kick 30 plus

He's a different type to Owies...

And I'd like to know why people think it's a given he'll kick 40+? He's only done it twice at the Bombers...

I'm not sold he's the right fit... Like I said, lazy and fat... but he'll get selected because he's the new shiny toy...

I'd much rather we have a forward mix of Charlie, Harry, Kemp, Moir, Williams, Owies (if he stays), Fog, Mots

And we pursue some KPD depth in the off season... Haynes is a decent back up, but we need a young and talented KPD as well.

Yet they missed finals

I keep saying it. It’s the group NOT the individuals. I want team players and I don’t care how many goals they might kick
I wouldn't want Stringer anyway, but posters discrediting him saying he kicks most of his goals vs bottom teams are off the mark.

Smart, speedy small forwards is what I want. Stringer at his best (2015-16) would be great... But that player is a long way behind us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back