Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm accepting that it was always a long shot to get a big name like Houston and Petracca but something in my gut tells me it ain't over yet.

That statement, us still being in finals, everything that happened to this point. Still reeks. Can't believe club has moved on entirely.

Last edited:
final thing I say on Stringer

1. Heā€™s not lazy, he set strength records at Essendon last season
2. Did the extra running in that off season too and came back in peak condition
3. Was injured early in the pre season

the worry I would have would be around availability and how injury prone he is

Stringer has always been strong, that's nothing to do with his work ethic. He's just a genetic freak of nature.

He's also fat. May work hard on the track but clearly doesn't keep himself in great shape off the field with nutrition, recovery etc

If Stringer is all that, why don't Essendon want to keep him?

Have they decided they're in rebuild mode after all?
Thatā€™s the caution

Is he more injury prone than we know? Is it related to his attitude?

Say if we could get him with a one year contract, Iā€™d be sold

But by all reports, weā€™d need to give him two years - is it worth it?

Stringer has always been strong, that's nothing to do with his work ethic. He's just a genetic freak of nature.

He's also fat. May work hard on the track but clearly doesn't keep himself in great shape off the field with nutrition, recovery etc
Yeah, I totally agree with you on that

I just donā€™t think he is lazy, but perhaps undisciplined with nutrition or uneducated/uninterested

I'm accepting that it was always a long shot to get a big name like Houston and Petracca but something in my gut tells me it ain't over yet.

That statement, us still being in finals, everything that happened to this point. Still reeks. Can't believe club has moved on entirely.

I reckon the AFL have stepped in and said pour some water on it until the season is done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played every single game this year, which is 75% more than 20% of our listā€¦

Donā€™t want him though, we donā€™t need him with medium forwards like Moir and Kemp that need game time and Stringer will just hold them back.

We need small forwards with speed to burn, gemme Rosas please

And stick little Durds in the guts and rests up forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep, 100%.

Too much smoke for there not to have been a fire...

Absolutely. I still think that what [mention]Wickzki [/mention] said about his contacts doubling down even after yesterdayā€™s statement will be spot on. Still a hell of a lot to play out here just not until the season is done. Also Houston. Not necessarily with us but in general. The AFL wonā€™t wonā€™t any distractions with teams in the finals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stringerā€™s trash. he tries to play well in a contract year but he hasnā€™t got it. Does not want to do the work required to be where he needs to be and has been that way since the dogs. Typical tale of all the talent in the world and no application. Not interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back