Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Righto, explain how Sydney, Hawthorn and Collingwood are much the same then? Those factors are most definitely true but what I said carries as much weight if not more. Geelong have been the best team in the game for 35 years and this is their reward. Everyone expects their next grand final appearance is just around the corner. If you are a club players can trust to get up and contend for flags, players will go there. And you get the right players with the right attitude. You get the players who value success. Otherwise players move for money, opportunities because they aren't great players or there is some other connection there like the team in the city they want to go to being the only one able to do the deal etc.

You can not just copy success and just do it the same as Geelong do. Since 1989 they have appeared in 10 grand finals and won 4. They haven't missed finals all that often. You can't just go out and copy that.

Geelong have well and truly earned what they have now. If you had no team bias, you would want to go to that club with that record.

Collingwood have been in 7 grand finals, won 3 in the same period and they haven't gone real long without missing finals.
Hawthorn 7 grand final appearances and won 6 since 1989. In the 80s had 7 grand final appearances and won 4 flags.

Sydney have 7 grand final appearance and have won 2.

This is they are destination clubs, players associate them with success, everyone does, player managers associate them with success...

Then there's us. Since 1989 we have played in 3 grand finals and won 1. Unlike the teams mentioned above, there are no recent grand final appearances. Prior to last year, hardly any playing player would be able to remember us playing in a prelim let alone a grand final. No one associates Carlton as a successful and reliable club you can trust will have teams playing in grand finals and being a genuine contender.

Anyone who thinks this counts for nothing is absolutely kidding themselves.

You go to these 4 clubs for success. You go to the others because you grew up there or because of the contract... maybe you barricked for them.

Carlton's reputation. We hardly make finals, we win a lot of spoons, we don't win flags, we rarely if ever contend, we sack coaches, we offer poor job security, we aren't successful. We have a lot of work to do and in a competitive environment with a hell of a lot of good competition, we have quite a long way to go. Our reputation is garbage after the last 25 years. Give me a good reason why you would chose us over the more successful clubs?

You earn your reputation.
Are they really in the same discussion as Geelong??
IMHO...An emphatic NO
Let's agree to disagree and move on

Yes, but like DQ I am not posting them anymore. Tired of the crap by the trolls on here
such a shame... I really hate that there are a number of posters that take down the people who provide information as it is at that point of time. Ugh.... It's probably because they go telling all their mates, then it doesn't come about and they look silly...
though, if you have anything you want to get off your chest... just pm me :p I'm a steel trap!

Houston does want in

You can shape a trade a number of ways, even though there would be a swap of later picks

As a core basis

Swap 1st round picks this year, plus a future 1st, would get it done
Port don't have a 1st this year to swap.
I think this is a big reason that they seem willing to trade Houston.

such a shame... I really hate that there are a number of posters that take down the people who provide information as it is at that point of time. Ugh.... It's probably because they go telling all their mates, then it doesn't come about and they look silly...
though, if you have anything you want to get off your chest... just pm me :p I'm a steel trap!

So many good people have been bullied off here over the years. People with really good info. It's why I joined, to find out more. I appreciate anything passed on but I also know things change and whispers can be wrong.

I have been extremely lucky to be close to inside the club over last few years, meet key people and see how things work. Have some great connections to great people. Even then you only get little snippets and not the whole story. I meet regularly with people at training and reserves.

Because I enjoyed the info passed on by others I was happy to pass what I knew or was told.

Sadly, a few see this as a reason for personal attacks and one upmanship and have ruined it for so many good people. At my age it's just not worth it

Last edited:
Don't let the 1% trolls bother you...seriously!

They don't. Just don't care anymore.

Fact is that even though I'm mentioning it, there are much better sources that have just left never to be heard of again. That is the real LOSS and that makes me angry.

Just have a look at the crap DQ copped about stating TDK being sub as an example.

Anyway I have said my piece and won't be commenting anymore on it

Last edited:
So many good people have been bullied off here over the years. People with really good info. It's why I joined, to find out more. I appreciate anything passed on but I also know things change and whispers can be wrong.

I have been extremely lucky to be close to inside the club over last few years, meet key people and see how things work. Have some great connections to great people. Even then you only get little snippets and not the whole story. I meet regularly with people at training and reserves.

Because I enjoyed the info passed on by others I was happy to pass what I knew or was told on.

Sadly, a few see this as a reason for personal attacks and one upmanship and have ruined it for so many good people. At my age it's just not worth it
Keyboard warriors Soapy V peanuts having a crack at people for providing information in a 'Bluemour' board :rolleyes:

you just keep being you, I enjoy your snippets and your optimistic outlook.

Bring on 2025.

The problem is Voss doesn’t seem to want to play anyone but his supposed top 23 and only does when his hand is forced.

Mannagh and Humphries would have been left to rot in the twos

Until such time as Voss takes the names off the magnets every week and decides the team on form and fitness we are wasting our time looking at those types

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Mannagh was given two games early and then was sent to the VFL for 15 rounds.

Is that rotting in the 2s? Or just good development?

Humphries didn't get a game until round 16. Was he left to rot?

Also worth noting both of these players are mature-age. Same as Cincotta - who was given 16 games by Voss in his debut year.

What do you say to this?

The Cats picked up Mannagh and Humphries in the off season. Two astute selections. Mannagh was close to best on ground in his first final.
We need to do the same. These type of players are out there.
Players like that succeed and look like great pickups in strong systems. I doubt they'd have done anything for us.

Yes we had injury issues but the list was not short on talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port don't have a 1st this year to swap.
I think this is a big reason that they seem willing to trade Houston.

They want a 1st this year, so it seems that we need to trade our future 1st with another club, for a first this year, then forward that to Port

Last edited:
With all due respect we are no Sydney - they are a well run machine.

Our injuries have been through the roof and we needed to manage them a lot better.

Apart from that just look at selection errors we made in our elimination finals game ...

It seems the whole afl community raised eyebrows at our selections

We really need to do better.
I agree.

I’m 50/50 regarding bring In Houston🤔
Obviously great player, but still trying to work out whether or not he’s what we really need atm?
I think I’d rather use what we’d need to give up for Houston on a decent mid/small forward if there was something around.

I'm afraid you have interpreted disagreement as criticism - which is not the case.

I have agreed with many of your opinions. I don't agree with your comments that Voss is stubborn and 'plays' favourites. I believe he chooses the 23 each round that he believes gives us the best chance to win a premiership. He will not get it correct all the time. He certainly made an error in not selecting Cincotta, or making TDK the substitute.

But the fact is he has made a number of moves this season and last that suggest he is not stubborn, and is open to making moves.

To that end, whether it's intentional or unintentional, he has a fixed mindset of who he chooses each week that he believes gives us the best chance. That fixed mindset translates to "favouritism"

They don't. Just don't care anymore.

Fact is that even though I'm mentioning it, there are much better sources that have just left never to be heard of again. That is the real LOSS and that makes me angry.

Just have a look at the crap DQ copped about stating TDK being sub as an example.

Anyway I have said my piece and won't be commenting anymore on it
Has the person who tried to belittle DQ about TDK being sub been back on to apologise?

I don’t get why people get upset about rumours. If you don’t believe it why not just ignore. It’s not difficult. Even the craziest rumours I enjoy reading. It’s part of what makes BF great.

Has the person who tried to belittle DQ about TDK being sub been back on to apologise?

I don’t get why people get upset about rumours. If you don’t believe it why not just ignore. It’s not difficult. Even the craziest rumours I enjoy reading. It’s part of what makes BF great.

More than one and NO they never do which says it all. They are happy to attack when wrong but never say anything when right

The same people that criticise people like DQ when he says "I told you so" or "I was right" are the same ones that will attack others for being wrong but NEVER say anything when they are right

Last edited:
Yep. I said it months ago and got slammed

He is very stoic and won't change. Has his favourites, likes mature bodies, and will stick with them regardless

I feel it's symptomatic of him being afraid of failure. Won't experiment. Won't be creative. Keeps churning out the same stuff hoping for a better outcome. The problem with that is that he has burnt 3 years without testing waters, and all that has been achieved are yo-yo seasons where we excel for one half and are completely rubbish for the other half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back