Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They also get Reid off their books.
I expect Swans to throw the suitcase at Ben King. He seems the most likely to me.
They've got an amazing record of poaching key forwards from elsewhere though.
Why Ben King? He's not likely, he's very settled on the Gold Coast and by all accounts I've heard is very surprised at just how much he's enjoyed his time up here. Is it just because he plays for the Suns?

I agree with others saying the McKay rumours are just because Charlie is playing so well without him. However, I do think it's fairly clear now that Charlie has to be whatever the modern day full forward is and H has to be up field in the more CHF role. I can see the allure of playing Charlie up field more given the athletic profile but he's just so much more dangerous inside 50. He causes conniptions for defenders inside 25m resulting in frees like you wouldn't believe. Don't think I've ever seen a forward generate the kind of panic he does inside the hot spots, even Darcy Moore had no choice but to give away frees such is his threat.

Aside from Charlies form, the media has perpetuated it. You can see why, player transfers are the no.1 clicked on media content and it's not often you get 2 Coleman medallists on 1 team with 1 of them so clearly being the "alpha" of the 2, making the connection to H leaving a very easy bait to throw out, whether the trade is realistic or not.

Charlie causes conniptions for defenders inside 25m resulting in frees like you wouldn't believe. Don't think I've ever seen a forward generate the kind of panic he does inside the hot spots, even Darcy Moore had no choice but to give away frees such is his threat.

I feel like Harry generates even more frees than Charlie.

Although Harry's are usually chopping the arms on the lead and Charlie's are more likely to be holding/grappling in a contested marking contest.

Will the club do a review in the off season? I find the reviews we have done in recent years that have resulted in new coaches have been focused on new starts but haven’t really given answers on how we will get better. Something clearly shifted mid season and I believe the club has a duty to review it so we don’t go backwards again and if we do we can rectify it sooner. As a member I feel we are owed an explanation and those responsible deserve the accolades.
We aren't actually 'owed' anything as members, let alone explanations. Enjoy the ride, and take the good with the bad when it comes.

We aren't actually 'owed' anything as members, let alone explanations. Enjoy the ride, and take the good with the bad when it comes.
This is literally not true and a telling example of this sort of structure has become consumed by corporate culture.

The Club absolutely has obligations to it's members, it's the entire founding reason

Screenshot_20230801-223516.jpg

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is literally not true and a telling example of this sort of structure has become consumed by corporate culture.

The Club absolutely has obligations to it's members, it's the entire founding reasonView attachment 1762257

That's all very nice as far as having to state objectives goes but realistically, we aren't 'owed' explanations when the team which represents the club loses football games. What would anybody like them to tell us?

As members we can vote the board out...
In extreme cases, yes. Usually, that would be as a result of serious governance issues, not over being dissatisfied with explanations furnished over a few losses in football games in a season. As members, we have no power in relation to the day-to-day running of the affairs of the club. Effectively, we are seasons tickets holders.

That's all very nice as far as having to state objectives goes but realistically, we aren't 'owed' explanations when the team which represents the club loses football games. What would anybody like them to tell us?
I never wanted them to tell me why they were loosing. I want to know why we are winning. There has been so much negativity around our football club for so long that now we have made a significant step forward I feel those responsible deserve the accolades. If it’s the coach and players great let us know. But if it’s a sector in mental health, or high performance, or something that came from the CEO or president then I’d love to be able to think to myself I’m glad to have her or him at our footy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Harry generates even more frees than Charlie.

Although Harry's are usually chopping the arms on the lead and Charlie's are more likely to be holding/grappling in a contested marking contest.
Charlie has 34 for the season and H 26 in 2 fewer games, so Chaz has more per game but not dramatic.

The frees Charlie gets that I'm referring to are around the goal square, H doesn't get as many around the goal square as Charlie - if he did his goal kicking % would be much better. Charlie gets a lot of high and holding frees, the highs are interesting as that's probably where his lack of height works to his advantage against 200cm defenders

Charlie has 34 for the season and H 26 in 2 fewer games, so Chaz has more per game but not dramatic.

The frees Charlie gets that I'm referring to are around the goal square, H doesn't get as many around the goal square as Charlie - if he did his goal kicking % would be much better. Charlie gets a lot of high and holding frees, the highs are interesting as that's probably where his lack of height works to his advantage against 200cm defenders
Definitely worked in that ruck contest in our forward line against the praying mantis Cox

I never wanted them to tell me why they were loosing. I want to know why we are winning. There has been so much negativity around our football club for so long that now we have made a significant step forward I feel those responsible deserve the accolades. If it’s the coach and players great let us know. But if it’s a sector in mental health, or high performance, or something that came from the CEO or president then I’d love to be able to think to myself I’m glad to have her or him at our footy club.
I suspect, as always, it's all of the above and to single someone or some group out would not be quite right. Would have to be like a bad Oscars speech where every single person involved in a movie is thanked down to the valets

This has easily been our best 6 week block of games since 2000. To play this kind of football after facing arguably our most disappointing 9 week block that I can remember (due to expectations) is quite remarkable and the club should absolutely be commended for turning it around mid season. There's still work to do but the past 6 weeks have been nothing short of outstanding.

Members are stakeholders in the club.
What are we owed? I mean, what are we actually entitled to rather than what we just decide we are entitled to expect?

The Club absolutely has obligations to it's members, it's the entire founding reason

truth is somewhere in between - the club doesn't owe fans anything, it does technically owe members something though as they own the club and appoint the board to run it.

I don't think it owes members operational details, though, i draw the line at strategy and engagement.

What are we owed? I mean, what are we actually entitled to rather than what we just decide we are entitled to expect?

We're owed a well ran club.

We're owed a team that is entertaining to watch.

We're owed success.

Do you need to be reminded the club is owned by the members?

So, what are we actually 'owed' as members? I know we are season ticket holders and have the right to vote at general and special meetings, these are all things that come with membership but what are we 'owed'?

I would say that it would be prudent for the club to engage with its members, which it does, but that isn't something 'owed' to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back