Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard the other day that Melbourne's forwards coach is available for next year...
Their forwards work together much better than ours (incredulously!)
Please!
Puss In Boots Please GIF by Laff

Last edited:
Not just their forwards coach, is also their ruck coach. I know we all love Kreuzer, but we'd be remiss if we didn't look closely at picking up the guy who has worked with Gawn for the last 10+ years.

I'm really hoping he's pulled up stumps at Melbourne cause Cook has him lined up for us.
If we are giving one person the credit for Max Gawn being good (not Max) are we marking the same person down severely for the failure to integrate Grundy into the Melbourne team?

I'm in the NO camp when it comes to considering trades of H, Charlie, TDK (and obviously Cripps, Weitering, Walsh) when it comes to Petracca. I am also a NO in terms of salary (if a million a year for next several years). Trac may be worth that elsewhere, but I am not sure it would be good LM strategy for us. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want Petracca at Blues, but I feel price needs to be favourable to us, as I feel there are important needs to be addressed elsewhere... Just me...

Trac the human being is an exceptional man (can verify)

If he comes back the same player, I’d do Harry personally for him, I know a lot around here won’t do it and I also don’t begrudge it, but Trac would be a phenomenal person to have around the club.

A 1-2 combo between he and Crippa would be unstoppable.

And Harry isn’t a phenomenal person to have around the club?

Cripps and Petracca would be a good combo but we’d be kicking it to Curnow with 3 guys hanging off his jumper....

As the old saying goes ‘You don’t rob Peter to pay Paul’.

Petracca/H chatter:

Trade is a chance, questions all season about playing H/TDK and Charlie in the same side (too tall and slows us down).
Voss likes the big guys.
Petracca a game changer which we don’t have.

My mail, he definitely wants out and wants Carlton…
Craziness.
Our best footy had TDK, H and Charlie all playing.

The talk of trading Harry or charlie is ridiculous. It is simply trading one hole for another hole.

Soon as Harry goes we need to trade/draft for a replacement to give Curnow a foil.

And let's not forget Petracca's age and extra draft pick cost.

Some posts hurt my brain they are soo bad.

Posters are better off saying I'd like Petracca for sure and leave it at that. I can understand that. I want Petracca, Cameron, Warner, Young too.

And Harry isn’t a phenomenal person to have around the club?

Cripps and Petracca would be a good combo but we’d be kicking it to Curnow with 3 guys having off his jumper....

As the old saying goes ‘You don’t rob Peter to pay Paul’.

In theory, yes, but I’d argue building a forward line around just Charlie and having others work around could work better. (Trac is a proven goal kicking mid too)

I love H, not saying I want him gone, just saying if the rumours are indeed true then I can’t see any other way this gets done.

In theory, yes, but I’d argue building a forward line around just Charlie and having others work around could work better. (Trac is a proven goal kicking mid too)

I love H, not saying I want him gone, just saying if the rumours are indeed true then I can’t see any other way this gets done.
Petracca has footy IQ off the charts.

Something we very much dearly need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picks get it done or we walk away and address more pressing needs like a KPD. If my memory is correct didn’t Cerra want to get to Melbourne or at the very least it came down to us and Melbourne when he left Fremantle? There may be some legs to the Cerra thing.

Picks get it done or we walk away and address more pressing needs like a KPD. If my memory is correct didn’t Cerra want to get to Melbourne or at the very least it came down to us and Melbourne when he left Fremantle? There may be some legs to the Cerra thing.

I think you’d be surprised at how many Dees fans would rather the picks too, but where on earth do we get them for that calibre a player? Hands are kinda tied really.

My only query here is, again, if the rumours are true (where there’s smoke there’s usually fire)

Then you’d have to think we are already heavily invested into Trac

When a top 5 player is available on the market and you can get him, do what it takes
Within logical reason, not for the likely cost and the impact on the playing group of losing a tier 1 player, Hope some learnings from Judd short term gain/long term loss experience.

It’s been picks only for all the marquee trades in the last 10 years, Ablett Jnr, Dangerfield, Cameron.

This talk of McKay is media generated, hope our Powerbrokers don’t listen it - the same way the media drove our Trade for Saad, where we shouldn’t have given up our first rounder for him, except as soon as Saad said he wanted us the media struck the price of “our first rounder will get it done”.

:rolleyes:

It’s been picks only for all the marquee trades in the last 10 years, Ablett Jnr, Dangerfield, Cameron.

This talk of McKay is media generated, hope our Powerbrokers don’t listen it - the same way the media drove our Trade for Saad, where we shouldn’t have given up our first rounder for him, except as soon as Saad said he wanted us the media struck the price of “our first rounder will get it done”.

:rolleyes:
Yep, zero chance of a player for player trade.

If I was melb i would do the trade but I would be flexible about it …. McKay straight up or fleece us and go hollands x2 and cerra …. No one knows how trac is going to be…. So risky

Why not keep Charlie and Harry and give Melbourne picks so they can chase Max King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back