Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, the club attaining the player should lose the equivalent draft pick points that the free agency formula spits out

Ie Saints would not get pick 8 but the Hawks would be docked the equivalent value of pick 8 from their total draft hand

Works 4 fold
1. The rest of the comp is not affected
2. the ridiculous contracts being thrown out for these types of players just because it doesn’t cost the receiving club a draft pick will abate
3. The Free Agent still gets to where they want to go with zero fuss
4. The AFL can publish the guidelines and bring transparency to this debacle

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
brutal system - would smash free agency - that said - a 50% version would certainly help create some thought

Collingwood could offer Noble and their future first for 12.

We would probably offer our future first and change.

GC probably just want to get Noble with a pick from this year's draft, but you never know

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Glad you're not in charge of list management. Harry would be worth twice that.
A former number one just hitting his straps that dragged Brisbane to the gf, an exceptional up and coming small forward and a first round pick and you'd say no, I'm glad you're not in charge of list management.

Last edited by a moderator:
Collingwood could offer Noble and their future first for 12.

We would probably offer our future first and change.

GC probably just want to get Noble with a pick from this year's draft, but you never know

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cal Twomey saying pick 12 alone won’t get the deal done for us so how is it gonna get done for the pies???

Cal Twomey saying pick 12 alone won’t get the deal done for us so how is it gonna get done for the pies???
Because we're held to a higher standard in the media / have less respect.

Geelong, Collingwood, Sydney can always "get deals done" easily in the eyes of the media.

Because we're held to a higher standard in the media / have less respect.

Geelong, Collingwood, Sydney can always "get deals done" easily in the eyes of the media.
Pisses me off this narrative, we are getting laughed at for the thought of trying to get the deal done with pick 13 but the Pies will get it done when Cal Twomey has said the pies will have to offer their future first as well as noble to get the pick!!

But it just show you how the AFL is such a corrupted organisation, by giving Suns all these concessions for them to consider trading a top 30 pick for John Noble.

Same with the AFL giving the go ahead for suns to trade pick 7 plus Bowes with his contract that can be renegotiated to the cats for a future second.
I'm buggered if I know why the Suns even need a John Nobel with all the future stars they've got stashed away.

What we need to do is trade a player out that's worthy of a similar pick or one that attracts 1st. band compo.(you can't have your cake and eat it too)

Gibbs would be the last decent player we've lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houston is a decent player but we don’t really need another half back on big coin. We already have Saad Doc Williams Newman Boyd to play across half back, & half backs are relatively easy to find as opposed to other positions on the field.

Port won’t settle for less than a top 15 pick in a good draft plus change. I say let the pies have him and go after a Key back/small forward or Petracca/SDK this year or next.

Houston is a decent player but we don’t really need another half back on big coin. We already have Saad Doc Williams Newman Boyd to play across half back, & half backs are relatively easy to find as opposed to other positions on the field.

Port won’t settle for less than a top 15 pick in a good draft plus change. I say let the pies have him and go after a Key back/small forward or Petracca/SDK this year or next.
Yep we should still be going after 13 for a F1 + something extra probably but I would be keen taking it to the draft or spending it in an area of need like KPD, small forward or outside mid

Pisses me off this narrative, we are getting laughed at for the thought of trying to get the deal done with pick 13 but the Pies will get it done when Cal Twomey has said the pies will have to offer their future first as well as noble to get the pick!!
Pies have Richards who Port want so could include him in a deal

Guys here there is no Petracca,No Petracca here,Petracca not here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I tell you what. You try getting from where you’re sitting to the start of this thread. Cause I reckon I could Oliver you from where you’re sitting to the start of this thread. Cause that’s about as long as you’ve got to produce some Petracca for me. Right. Now. I give you 20 seconds to produce some Petracca … 1, 2, 3, 4 ….

Last edited:
Nah, the club attaining the player should lose the equivalent draft pick points that the free agency formula spits out

Ie Saints would not get pick 8 but the Hawks would be docked the equivalent value of pick 8 from their total draft hand

Works 4 fold
2. the ridiculous contracts being thrown out for these types of players just because it doesn’t cost the receiving club a draft pick will abate

I kinda agree.. treat it as f&s like formula. AFL provide end of H&a a points value for each free agent etc and the team that gets them has to provide draft pick points -20% to acquire. The team that loses the player gets those 20% points added to a draft pick.

Works 4 fold

Interesting perspective. It does make sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back