Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

With all due respect, I disagree.

Our midfield will likely be on par with WB and maybe GC but it doesn't compare to Pt., Swans, BL even the Pies if they don't age.

I believe that our hard-earned #3 should have been used for Petracca this year. Next year, he goes to his childhood club and we've been out-played again.

We had a real opportunity to provide meaningful assistance to Cripps for a genuine tilt at it but we've gone safe after all the trading boldness.

I only popped into this site for the draft so I'll leave it at that and CU next year.

Cheers

And how are Collingwood going to get that done? they’ve already mortgaged their future

I’d say Trac will be staying at Melbourne with his multi year gigantic salary

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is good to hear. If a bid came before 38 for Ben I wouldn’t match it and I’d make sure all other clubs knew that.

I'm happy letting everyone know that we wont match it...

As long as we actually would match it. No one can tell me that there are 38 kids in the draft better than Ben. If he wasn't a F/S (and thus other clubs put minimum time into him), and he didn't get iced at the end of the year he would go around pick 20 IMO.

We've just worked hard to have the opportunity to get another top class young midfielder into the club in a draft with a few standouts, there's no need to make your personal preference your identitiy or to make it personal where you disagree.
It’s also not like players are who they are when they come to the club. Development and self improvement play a big part in how good a player becomes

This is good to hear. If a bid came before 38 for Ben I wouldn’t match it and I’d make sure all other clubs knew that.

Exactly, and, that we would (IF he progresses well) go hard to bring him ‘home to the blues family’ after a couple of years… so bidder would just develop him for us

Edit: that said, I’d still look at trading up with Bris or * picks around 28-30

Interesting take.
I wonder if this enables us to play our A game more?
Yes it will. It will open the forward line up and help us play more direct. More options to go to means our ball movement improves. Smart forwards who have forward brains who think quick, position well and are strong overhead means a lot for us.
Just by his 2 games this year, it’s very easy to see a permanent place in our best 22 for Lord. I have him penciled in to start on ball in 2025.

We have been crying out for a bit more speed and playing on more. Lord always looks to move the ball forward and it makes the defence have to work overtime rather than knowing where the ball is about to go with us bombing it forward.

I think we will see a different midfield set up from day 1 and it’s why I think the draftee we must take is Jagga Smith. Imo he is the most professional and non bust type going into this draft. Definitely has Nick Daicos traits and you would think Jagga would play from day 1.

Cripps Lord Walsh Smith Hewett Cerra Docherty is as dangerous a midfield group you will see imo
You see it straight away. All the things we desperately need he brought. His defensive game is excellent and he balances it with good offensive skills. You never see our other mids leave their man, cover 3-10 meters quickly to lay a tackle. This really had me excited. His omission for finals makes me uncomfortable about our coaching and I question whether they know what they are doing, they made similar selection mistakes last season coming into finals.

Lord is good in traffic and has good vision. He is going to be more effective in a good AFL team as he is a first hands on the ball mid who feeds his team mates. At the higher level the options are going to be there more often.

You only have to watch his youtube highlights to see his value.

I think he will be ahead of Hewett. Maybe not right away but he will be and should be.

We need to build a midfield that performs well when the opposition have the ball. Adding Lord to that mix is step 1. Currently our midfield is only half way there in this aspect. Long way to go.

It's a good midfield mix with strong rotations. I agree, that is what we should be looking to do.

This was definitely something we all would have noticed with Brisbanes final series.

Medium forwards with aerial skills and X Factor.
Their small and medium forwards slaughtered us in the air. Collingwood the last two seasons have done the same thing with their smaller forward. Cottrell, Fogarty, Fantasia, Williams and Hollands don't have any overhead talents and that's the problem for us. That's why we are so predictable going forward. We don't have many places to go. Oh what you would do to add a 25 year old Eddie Betts to our side!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but given this page spends alot of time potting Ollie's inability to break a tackle hoping they can be patient with a pick 3 if we take him lol
Feel u, to be honest I’m not to overly impressed with Ollie’s ability to break a tackle (IMO I he’s overated as he’s “the kid” coming thru) - but Smith is next level slippery, he will not be breaking many tackles but u have to catch him first.

At times Ollie could be caught by a blind man with a gammy leg 😂

I think we need another KPD even before we move Kemp forward...
Kemp can't be in the key position defender discussion, he's miles away from being able to play that role.

Young, Durdin and Haynes play key defender before Kemp. If we aren't satisfied then we go and grab Tomlinson who would also be an option ahead of Kemp.

Why would you pay out a years contract for Fantasia and then pay another years salary for Narkle who is average and unlikely to play a senior game unless we have about 20 injuries?
Friends both worked with Narkle and reckon he is so underrated and could play through the middle, but gets pigeonholed as a small forward

Not that I’m keen on us picking him up, just an observation from two professionals in the industry

Friends both worked with Narkle and reckon he is so underrated and could play through the middle, but gets pigeonholed as a small forward

Not that I’m keen on us picking him up, just an observation from two professionals in the industry
Cats thought he wasn't good enough, Port have now decided the same. Average at getting it and well below average at using it. There might be a home for him somewhere but it's definitely not with us.

Feel u, to be honest I’m not to overly impressed with Ollie’s ability to break a tackle (IMO I he’s overated as he’s “the kid” coming thru) - but Smith is next level slippery, he will not be breaking many tackles but u have to catch him first.

At times Ollie could be caught by a blind man with a gammy leg

I’m confident the Hollands boys recognise it, they’ve gone and hired a sprint coach for their offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back