Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

This is good to hear. If a bid came before 38 for Ben I wouldn’t match it and I’d make sure all other clubs knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm happy letting everyone know that we wont match it...

As long as we actually would match it. No one can tell me that there are 38 kids in the draft better than Ben. If he wasn't a F/S (and thus other clubs put minimum time into him), and he didn't get iced at the end of the year he would go around pick 20 IMO.

We've just worked hard to have the opportunity to get another top class young midfielder into the club in a draft with a few standouts, there's no need to make your personal preference your identitiy or to make it personal where you disagree.
It’s also not like players are who they are when they come to the club. Development and self improvement play a big part in how good a player becomes

This is good to hear. If a bid came before 38 for Ben I wouldn’t match it and I’d make sure all other clubs knew that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exactly, and, that we would (IF he progresses well) go hard to bring him ‘home to the blues family’ after a couple of years… so bidder would just develop him for us

Edit: that said, I’d still look at trading up with Bris or * picks around 28-30

#BUMP

2024 National Draft discussion belongs in this thread:-

Thanks all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back