Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Witherden would be another nice option to look at. I'm a bit surprised that West Coast delisted him. He has played 53 games in the last three years in the backlines of a bad team. He has only just turned 26.
He is about a tenth of the player Newman is. Same ability to get the ball but can't kick and can't defend.

Also from your unattributed source that you've tried to quote our of context:

As you can see, he split time between midfield and forward in what little NAB League he played in 2019, averaging just shy of 5 clearances a game.

At the Champs, his first two games were in defence due to coaching fears around their defensive stocks, but he dominated the games, stringing up intercepts and bolting out of defence with the ball.

Here's game 3:

27 disposals, 5 clearances, and a game winning goal.

So arguably the top key position prospect coming into the year went to work on his endurance base and forced his way into the midfield, then did it again at the highest level.

In summary: you have this wrong, though that should have been obvious given what you quoted.

IMO Under 18 draft scouting reports are useful until the players start playing league footy and then they are largely redundant as it’s very difficult translating junior abilities successfully to senior footy.

Whilst it’s possible he could become a good midfielder, Kemp would need a significant step change in all aspects of his game to do so. I’d put the chances of that happening at 25-30% probability.

Any juicy rumours from ITKs about whether we are going to split our pick 3 or keep it and who we are going to select with it?

Hungry

Hungry Puppet GIF by Gerbert!

IMO Under 18 draft scouting reports are useful until the players start playing league footy and then they are largely redundant as it’s very difficult translating junior abilities successfully to senior footy.

Whilst it’s possible he could become a good midfielder, Kemp would need a significant step change in all aspects of his game to do so. I’d put the chances of that happening at 25-30% probability.
Name literally anything you're referring to, please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name literally anything you're referring to, please.

I’m really not sure how to respond to that but I’ll give it a go.

IMO Kemp doesn’t have any AFL quality midfield qualities which isn’t really surprising given he hasn’t played or trained as a midfielder in the 5 years he has been on an AFL list. To say that Kemp does based on a rookie scouting report >6 years ago is generous.

Kemp will be best used as an intercept defender given license to run and gun.

Or to put it another way McGovern's role.

Yes he looks bad playing as our second key defender. He doesn't have the aptitude for a key defensive post

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whatever Kemp is, he needs to improve at it. He did well in games the midfield dominated but was shakey when under pressure and ultimately only played in his non preferred role due to injuries by the end of the year. We would be better served trying to get Lewis Young up to scratch

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back