Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lang and Willo must come in if fit.
Ditto Kreuzer and Kennedy.
The ubertall backline experiment has failed.
Polson not ready.
Mullett and O'Shea can get the ball, but don't seem to know what to do with it. Not even disposal quality, just running on the spot trying to decide who to kick to.
Weiters needs a spell and some confidence.
Casboult is not a ruckman.
Jones is also not a ruckman.
Umpires hate Lamb.

Messages need to be sent now. I'm not writing anyone off this early in the piece, but some blokes need to be dropped til they earn their spots again.

Out: Jones, Weiters, Polson, O'Shea, Mullett, Byrne (inj)
In: Kreuzer, Macreadie, Lang, Kennedy, Williamson, O'Brien

FB: Plowman, Marchbank, Simpson
HB: Williamson, Macreadie, Cuningham
C: Lang, SPS, Thomas
R: Kreuzer, Cripps, Kennedy
HF: Fisher, Curnow, Murphy
FF: Wright, Casboult, Lamb
I/C: Curnow, Dow, Garlett, O'Brien

Not sure how McKay went in the VFL, but if he played well enough to justify it, now may be the time to bring him in too (would be harsh to drop Levi after forcing him to ruck against Witts most of the day though, poor selection not his fault).

Had me genuinely thinking these boys are throwing this game. They must of backed the Suns? As full time professionals how could they fumble like that and miss the easiest of targets.

Polson - not up to it. Needs an edge. I don't see it.
Weitering - mentally something looks seriously wrong.
Marchbank - sloppy...as always
Mullett - we have a new turnover king.
Murphy - how many times does he kick over the head of a leading teammate. Charlie had great position on May so many times and Murph couldn't lower his kick to hit him up on lead.
Ed Curnow - got a heap of it but may as well not had a touch.
Plowman - how much does winning mean to him? Disposal horrible, weak attempts at tackling & didn't look to upset after the game joking around.
I question his competitiveness.
Cuningham - running out of patience. Does the odd nice thing but he's a due 4qtr performance surely?
Byrne - I love his endeavour & am a fan but is he smart enough when he's defending & without the footy? Did some silly silly things today.

And last of all the coaches & match committee.
*Polson for Kreuzer?? Seriously we're playing Lamb as our full forward.
*No spread from contest.
*No distinct gameplan nor was there anything done noticeably after halftime to win back ascendency.
*Getting tired of Bolton's zone. Forwards told to zone up to the centre. We get a turnover fly through the middle only to stop & prop because we don't have a forward in our attacking 50...
*what are they doing to Weitering?

Can someone please stat a case for bolton for me because im starting to question him as a coach! Why did we go into a game without a ruckman? Why with this so called defensive game plan are we still so easy to score against? why does he repeatedly play players that show nothing? Why does he get out coached on game day more times than not

Arent all our ruckmen injured?

None of Weitering, Cuningham, Gartlett, Lamb, Polson, Wright, Pickett, SPS (atm) and Murph (anymore) have the fortitude to fight throughout a tough game.

The likes of Mullet, O'Shea, Cas, Bryne, Jones won't ever have the ability to, whether the desire is there or not.

The only real grunt players we have are Cripps, Kreuz, Simpson, Doc (A graders), Fish, Charlie, Marchbank? (not yet consistent) and Ed, Thomas, Plowman? (limited ability).

That's a pretty grim list - we simply won't be able to build enough consistency until this changes.

Why did it take Bolts so long to move Weiters into defence? Why was Levi put in ruck? When will Murphs take a game by the scruff of the neck? So much talent has left Carlton in recent years and shone elsewhere: Kennedy; Bettsy; Gibbsy (OK early days but I doubt anyone doubts he'll flourish with the Crows); Waite; Jacobs etc.

In a week in which contrition and admission have been on everyone’s wish list it’s only fair that Bolton and our coaches admit they were the architects of our downfall today.

Whilst undoubtedly and inexcusably sloppy on the field, our decisions at selection should be the tale of the match.

Kreuzer is out. Ok, well play Phillips for as much of the game as he can handle or nobody. Just concede that match up and do what Richmond do. Have a player nominally contest the ruck and use the extra number elsewhere - either at the contest or behind the ball. As it was Levi being in the ruck robbed us of a genuine forward target.

The decision to drop Silvagni. Knee jerk and premature. He’s not his old man, he never will be, but last week he did exactly what we needed him to when he went to Rance. I reckon the coaches let the noise get them on that one. When I saw Wright leading up at the ball out of full forward I thought, ‘ought to be Jack.’

I hope we manage the Weitering situation (third year key tall) a helluva lot better than we’ve handled Silvagni. The press will come for Jacob over the next couple of days, mark my words, and we need to go into bat for him.

Our structure. It’s extraordinary. We look like conceding each time our opponents go in and bomb haphazardly when we attack. Our forward line in particular has been poorly set up for going on 6 years now.

We can’t play Simpson, Mullett and O’Shea in the same team. We can only select one of them.

Why were we so slow and heavy legged? We looked like the ones who played in a monsoon.

And we all know what comes next. Cuningham, Polson and Byrne will be dropped. As will O’Shea.

McKay and O’Brien have to play. No more excuses. If we’re going to be as rubbish as that we might as well own it and play the kids.

Huge test for Bolton coming up. Huge.

0.01% chance of getting him.

Is SOS going to change his recruitment strategy and pay 1.5m+?

Did you see our forward line today??

Our backs, our mids and Lynch to kick to, where do I sign??

WE NEED another STAR, if we go to the draft for a tall it will be 5 years before we see any reward...

Time to bite the bullet and PAY the MONEY...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

time is a flat circle
topimage_1.jpg

"It's alllll one big ghetto maaaan. One giant ghetto full of Blue jumpers..."

I just love the way weitering applies himself to the contest. Great competitor.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
on a par with your application as a supporter.....

Philips and McKay both played in the vfl didnt they? i understand Philips is under done but we still should of played McKay and why wouldn't you play Kerridge over polson at least kerridge would hav got his hands on it and got in and had a go he actually was good late last yr
Don’t think Kerridge played today - didnt see him. Skills were fairly average today too. No breeze, no rain, clear skies. Not the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Blues loss to Suns discussion/rant etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back