Bomber Thompson- major sook

Remove this Banner Ad

He and every other coach in the league probably has the right to be upset with the amount of poor decisions which continually get made in the favour of St kilda , in particular Reiwoldt , it a disgrace and extremely obvious. Milne for example geta away with more shepards in marking contests than anyone else in the game, yet last night stokes did the same and got pinged !! In true fashion Milne then does the same in the pocket, to kick his 3rd, no free kick !!

the best some geelong supporters can come up with in their hour of despair and embarrassment in their coach is to bag collingwood supporters or mick. pretty funny

What an idiot. They got soft frees all night. An arm would just barely go over the shoulder of a cats player...free kick. This went on all night....and gave them goals

Frees in the forward 50:
Geelong: 4
StKilda: 1

So suck it up you whinging fool.

1) i think it was a 50/50 decision, after a couple of replays i thought it was there, but my initial reaction was that it was bullshit, and the umpire was trying to influence the game.

2) it shouldve been a 50 against mooney, agreed, but to the people who said it shouldve been 50 against ling, thats bullshit and just trying to stir the cats fans. from when the whistle sounded to when he kicked it, it was minimal time.

3) that free kick to steve johnson was there, it was well picked up. i think it was lenny hayes just got him high, accidentally, but it was high, so its a free kick despite the force and aggression fairly non-existent.

4) collingwood fans should get off their high horse really. yes, thompson was bad, but what about mick malthouse being asked a question about umpires, asking where the journalist was from, the journalist was from community radio, so mm ignored him and walked off. would he have done that to some senior journalist who he respects, or if he won? i think not. (que oh dean laidley was grumpy blah blah etc)

5) however, i think thompson shouldve admitted saints were better on the night, at the very least. 33 points up, and their defending in the last quarter, their willingness to make geelong fight for every possession and inch, surely thats worth a compliment

6) he (mark thompson) probably realises that geelong will struggle to make the grand final or win it from here, and the saints may as well just stroll through to the grand final. i bet hes disappointed, so even though he was a dick by not giving st kilda a word, i think he has a right to be upset (you know, premierships at stake and all that??)

Don't know what all the fuss is. Non Vic teams never get paid those frees against vic teams so cut the umpy some slack - what a dilemma it must have been for the umpire...there was no non Vic team and therefore no automatic selection. It was a difficult decision to make.

I was beginning to think a clear push in the back and landing flat on a players back was 'legal', and that the player flattened on the ground should be pinged holding the ball...But after tonight I discover it is not so.

why is there any arguement about this, every in the back decision paid is exactly this example. If you don't roll them to the side in the tackle you get pinged.

bullshit - he was ordinary in that conference and you know it!

haha, yeh because micks always gracious in media conferences

so a coach showed a bit of emotion for his team in a heart breaking loss...maybe he should be suspended for it...

Are you implying that they shouldn't have been paid for a high tackle??

when the tackler puts their hand on the guernesy and then *insert selwood* then drops his own sholder and shrugs the tacklers arm into his head that is what we all would call "contributing to the high contact"

not and never should be a free

Thompson seemed pretty calm at the press conf. Didn't seem to be whinging at all. Said that a poor first half and bad kicking in the last quarter cost the game. Ppl here are quick to sink the fangs and forget footy can be a pretty emotional game and some things that are said ala Mooney's comments during the game to umpire shouldn't be taken seriously. Sigh OP just wanted to stir shit. . .thread deserves to be in Bay 13.

when the tackler puts their hand on the guernesy and then *insert selwood* then drops his own sholder and shrugs the tacklers arm into his head that is what we all would call "contributing to the high contact"

not and never should be a free

I didn't see that last night, but I agree if/when it happens it shouldn't be a free. If you're talking about frees in the last qtr, the ones to johnson and selwood were there, the stokes one wasn't.

I was supporting Geelong all night last night, but that has been a free kick for years, and not to mention the armchair ride the umps had given Geelong for the rest of the night.

I think Bomber was understandably upset as he knew how big that game was. The winner only has the Bulldogs to beat to get into the Grand Final. Very tough to go back and beat Hawthorn and Collingwood in consecutive weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably one of the the best umpired games of the season in the 1st half, not to many ruck infringements and the umpires letting it go. Most of the dodgy soft decisions in the 2nd half went Geelong's way, yet Cats supporters are whinging about the free to Gwilt.

Great game and terrific opener to the final series.:thumbsu:

How about Mooney (I think it was) mouthing off at the umpire.. "you just cost us the match, you realise that"? x4

Should get weeks for dissent

I thought the decision was far more clean cut and obvious than the "right in front of me" decision against us last year. Bomber needs to suck it up, I didnt hear him complaining about the free that Stokes was gifted in front of goal in the last quarter.

Will be funny to see the fall out if they lose to Collingwood in the prelim because that free will be discussed forever as what cost the Cats a grand final berth.

Thought Mooney was unlucky to have a free awarded against him - it was a final, wet, and the umpires had been letting a lot go (as they should), however you sure wouldn't say it was a ridiculous free

Then again, Mooney may have been lucky to have a goal given to him earlier in the game off the ground when it could've been touched by a Saints player

i was wincing when cam mooney was telling the ump , you just lost us the game, do you understand:eek: what a ****ing sooky lala, harden the **** up moondog:thumbsu:

and stevie johnson should have played that last quarter instead of floundering round looking for free kicks
I was laughing my arse off when he was saying it again and again thinking...nope you did Mooney ya spud :)

St.Kilda supporter here.

Geelong has to stop whining.They got most of the free kicks and they got it all their way.I'm almost sure Dawson touched Mooney's goal,The Selwood high tackle wasn't a high tackle,he ducked his head (As usual),there were quite a few high free kicks given Geelong's way from which all Geelong did was run head first into our tackles (And get the free).Cam Mooney got a chopping of the arms free kick when Riewoldt has about 3 guys chopping and holding his arms at every contest.So stop complaining and accept it,the better (basically most accurate) team won on the day.

Kosi injured his shoudler and I saw the Geelong key defenders (As I was right near them) putting a fist into his injured shoulder the WHOLE DAMN GAME.It is obvious that they will get off even though Baker did the exact same thing,and how many weeks did he get?

Thought Mooney was unlucky to have a free awarded against him - it was a final, wet, and the umpires had been letting a lot go (as they should), however you sure wouldn't say it was a ridiculous free

Agree. Tough but far from the worst one ever, just at a heartbreaking time.

Then again, Mooney may have been lucky to have a goal given to him earlier in the game off the ground when it could've been touched by a Saints player

The commentary team certainly braided each others hair over that one. I don't see any doubt at all. He clearly got a foot on it and after that the burden of proof is on the defender, the ball didn't deflect at all. Goal.

For St Kilda supporters? Yeah, this is about as good as it gets traditionally.

The cat's were ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!!! Right in front of ME!!!!!!!!

Go Sainters

Don't worry, we will wear it, digest it, come back and slaughter the saints next time - which will be in the GF! The 'aints have their retribution for last year and they needed all the assistance they could.

If any football supporter could honestly tell me they would not be upset after seeing your team win the game and then have it recalled by a late soft decision, which in context with the hard stacks on football that was being played prior makes no sense, then you should just give the game away now. Geelong fans have every right to be upset because they came back in the wet played proper football and won that game.

Regardless, doesn't matter now....we go away and concentrate on next week and hopefully build up to three classic games against Hawthorn, Collingwood and St Kilda...which as any good geelong supporter would tell you is about our three biggest traditional enemies. I would not want to be playing the cats next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomber Thompson- major sook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back