Brendan Fevola up for Trade *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb Dumb Dumb...

80 + goals a year, game breaking hard leading forward...

Sets Carlton back 3 years.

Lotta interest is going to be shown in this by the other clubs.

This is the club saving face.

If they really mean to get rid of Fev, they will show it by accepting just a draft pick.

Piss off Troll.

Would you accept this deal for Buddy if the situations were reversed???

Dont make me mention Injuctions FFS.

Re: Brendan up for Trade

Just to let you guys know a certain Eddie McGuire has been "counselling" Fev since the Brownlow, fact. Please for Gods sake DON"T trade him to them, he"d make them much stronger, and thats not good for anyone!

Fevs currently on the Gold Coast and has reportedly caught up with with his old mate Jon Brown. Its possible Brisbane may make a move for him, but i dont feel that a full forward is a priority

Not sure Brisbane has any great need for him with Brown and Bradshaw. Of course you could play Bradshaw down back.

I don't think Fev will go. Ultimately i don't think we will get the right offers (in terms of players, or their preparedness to pay his contract). So he will stay.

But if he does go, I think its easy to remember all the good times (people tend to remember the good times and forget the bad times). Think of all the times this year he got the sulks. Think of earlier this year when Gibbsy said in an interview they never know which Fev will turn up to training - sometimes he's bouncy, and other times he mopes.

Unfortunately he is the biggest personality at the club, and he has the wrong impact on the young players. Look at the successful teams - their leaders are 100% dedicated to the cause.

I'd hate to see him in another jumper, but I think its best for the club.

This will be tough.

A. Fev will not go to teams out of theflag race

B. Saints and Cats will not want him nor will Hawks

This really only leave a few teams who maybe interested that he will goto. I suspect we will get r*ped on this.

Well done Blues.

The Carlton Football Club is bigger than any one attention seeking individual who has had plenty of chances to grow up.

Spot on TheGeneral. You have this right.

As Carlton fans first and foremost we reserve the right to downgrade him as soon as it is clear that he is leaving, but...we also reserve another right that if he stays at Carlton, he is still incredible!

It goes without saying his personality/ethics and attitude is on the poor side. This is why I am ok with the decision.

He has 2 elite years left...he has two more as a decent fwd, e.g. Lloyd/Treadrea/Neitz at the end. If we trade for a pick or ten year player I will be stoked!!

Of course like everyone else can envision round 1 next year as our totally dominent midfield stream inside 50 and fall over in shock with no one to kick too!!!!

We've pandered to the tree hugging do gooders and allowed the media to dictate this entire episode. We've put up with Fev's shit for 11 years and now we decide to get rid of him. Who benefits? Not us but another club who will get a new and improved Fev, who will be hungrier than ever to prove to the CFC and the general footy public what he is all about. It would have to be an unbelievable trade for the majority of supporters to be satisfied with this decision. I have a terrible feeling the club has backed itself into a corner and have no way out. We will have to trade him now to show "our new found culture" for less than his worth and someone else will benefit not us. Pathetic decision!

Insulting offer. I hope that is not what people are going to be posting on our board from here on in. Neither gives us guaranteed quality to replace guaranteed quality.

I assume you base this on your wild assumption that he only has 2 years left at his current level and 4 years at best in him.

Have you seen Fevola slowing down? Have you seen his performance sliding due to injury? He had a bruised heel this year ... something you think is degenerative perhaps?

Fev is the type that could go on doing well until he is 35. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. If a team wants a possible 100 goal per year full forward, they will pay for it. High risk, high reward. Simple as that.

We have to get something that will contribute to our team for 10 years, not a hit and miss proposition.

The only clubs that would offer 1st rounders would be Syd and Port. Others maybe... Pies, Hawks, Saints, Dogs, and Geelong. I have listed these teams as they already are strong. However none of them will, mainly due to cap issues.

Port and Syd would be out of their minds to offer that much for a way-ward player that is in the decline of his career.

His greatest asset is his speed. That wont last forever, people get old then slow down, it happens.

How often does he wrestle for a mark... never!!! He is big but he doesn't use his size in a marked way.

You are in dream land if you think you can get more than pick 17.

He has 2 elite years left...he has two more as a decent fwd, e.g. Lloyd/Treadrea/Neitz at the end.

As i said...

Hate to speculate on trades but it has to be a top 10 and probably a 2nd rounder too and a player

The most ideal is obviously Swans 1st Rounder and ROK for Fev and maybe something else.
But chances of that happening are slim if any.

well you can tell which blues fans didnt follow their own team when they were taking up space on the bottom of the ladder for years.

We've pandered to the tree hugging do gooders and allowed the media to dictate this entire episode. We've put up with Fev's shit for 11 years and now we decide to get rid of him. Who benefits? Not us but another club who will get a new and improved Fev, who will be hungrier than ever to prove to the CFC and the general footy public what he is all about. It would have to be an unbelievable trade for the majority of supporters to be satisfied with this decision. I have a terrible feeling the club has backed itself into a corner and have no way out. We will have to trade him now to show "our new found culture" for less than his worth and someone else will benefit not us. Pathetic decision!

Spot on and as I said before I only see a couple of teams Fev will agree to go to and maybe less who will be interested in him knowing he will come to them.

I suspect we will get screwed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss off Troll.

Dont make me mention Injuctions FFS.

You piss off.

I was making exactly the same point as many others, and being more than reasonable.

Read my post again..slowly this time, if it will help.

The club will show how keen they are to be rid of Fev by what they accept. That's the proof.

i didn't say they should or shouldn't accept it.

none of your huff and puff will change that.

As I said, I think he will still be at Carlton next year.

bye bye fevalenko you beauty. enjoy another 5 years out of the finals for the carlton scum, hope you enjoyed the choke in brisbane. I bet it hurts losing 90 goals a year, but i guess now you have cloke and fisher to turn to..not all bad hey

Stupid necessary move.

The club is finally sending the message that its prepared to take these incidents seriously. At the same time, Fevola should have been traded away last year.

Sadly, this may actually be the kick up the arse Fevola needs and another club may get the best out of him instead of us. But we deserve this- our handling of the bloke has been deplorable from day one.

We rorted the Coasters for Judd, now another club will get the same opportunity with us and Fevola. Karma, I guess.

If Buddy flopped his wang out and asked sam Mitchell's missus to suck on it, maybe,,,

This is the club saving face.

If they really mean to get rid of Fev, they will show it by accepting just a draft pick.

Chances are a penitent Fev will still be a Blue, but the club gets to be seen to be taking a strong stance.

So last year when those 2 Hawks players (and we know who they are, don't we Buddy?) had that issue with illicit substances, did the Hawks put them up for a nothing trade?

No. You're being an idiot and what's more you know it.

pathetic decision by carlton . i am now cancelling my membership.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. The pathetic decision was Fevola acting like a tool for the 100th time. There is only so many times that you can slap someone on the wrist before it is time to take action.

If action is not taken, then all future threats and punishments seem rather hollow or show double standards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Fevola up for Trade *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back