Brendan Fevola up for Trade *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

The club will show how keen they are to be rid of Fev by what they accept. That's the proof.

Why should we accept a mediocre trade to please the likes of BF w***ers like you???

Suggesting he is worth only a draft pick is stupid and trolling.

Carlton has to follow through on this for the sake of the club's integrity. They said he was on his last chance, doesn't matter how good he is they have a responsibility to set an example, handle this in a professional manner and send the right message to younger supporters. West Coast took a firm stance on the Cousins situation despite the quality of player in question, as tough as it is it's something that has to be done imo. West Coast was protecting its brand, its integrity, the whole lot.

If they give Fev another chance it more or less says if you're a gun player, you can break as many rules as you want and Carlton will let it slide. That could and WOULD have enormous long-term ramifications for the club.

Im sick of people telling the Carlton footy club what we should be doing. We are about winning premierships not pandering to idiots who want to weaken the club. Comments like 'Carlton should do the right thing and get rid of him' or 'will the blues have the balls to offload him' are weak and misguided comments. Whats right for your club might not be right for ours, we'll work out whats best for us so dont come here and tell what we should rightfully do.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. The pathetic decision was Fevola acting like a tool for the 100th time. There is only so many times that you can slap someone on the wrist before it is time to take action.

If action is not taken, then all future threats and punishments seem rather hollow or show double standards.

This situation all hinges on what we get for him and who he goes to.

If we get screwed I would prefer to get nothing and let him go to a bottom side. I could not stand him going to a top side for not much and watching him win a flag.

The only clubs that would offer 1st rounders would be Syd and Port. Others maybe... Pies, Hawks, Saints, Dogs, and Geelong. I have listed these teams as they already are strong. However none of them will, mainly due to cap issues.

Port and Syd would be out of their minds to offer that much for a way-ward player that is in the decline of his career.

His greatest asset is his speed. That wont last forever, people get old then slow down, it happens.

How often does he wrestle for a mark... never!!! He is big but he doesn't use his size in a marked way.

I can only think that you don't watch much of Fev. Yes he is great on the lead but often the ball is bombed in to him and he is very good at using his strength to hold opponents out and take one on one grabs. Never? Again you are being insulting.

You are in dream land if you think you can get more than pick 17.
And you are on the wrong board if you think you can come in here, talk down our trade prospects, and tell us we are dreaming. Take a hike before I decide you are trolling.

Brown came 4th in the RS star last year & Anthony has kicked 75 goals in his 33 games since he made his debut (the next best in the last 10 years is Buddy Franklin with 54 goals from his first 36 games). Absolutely zero chance of being traded.

Fair enough Panther, although I'm not saying Anthony & Brown aren't going to be guns, they both very well could be, but they're still in that stage where they haven't quite cemented their positions as good - really good AFL players in a team (Anthony more cemented than Brown)

Personally, if i was in your position, i wouldn't trade them either

The thing about Fev is that he could be the difference between you guys winning a premiership next year, whereas it's unlikely that Brown and Anthony will make the same difference in the next year. He's kicked an average 95 goals in the last 2 years - that's top notch

let's remember there was more to what fev did than what was shown on the footy show.

people say all he did was get drunk and make a fool of himself- well that is all we have been shown.

the fact that fevola was asked by judd, murphy and gibbs to settle down and leave and told then to f**k off shows disrespect to his fellow leaders and really sets a poor example

this is not his first offence, the big issue here is that fevola doesn't learn from his mistakes

we also don't know what pressure has been put on the club by sponsors, we live in a very politically correct society but one that is still controlled by money.

So last year when those 2 Hawks players (and we know who they are, don't we Buddy?) had that issue with illicit substances, did the Hawks put them up for a nothing trade?

No. You're being an idiot and what's more you know it.

This shows the level of your intellect and debating skills.

The Blues have said we want to trade Fev.

Hawthorn said nothing of the sort about Buddy.

I have not entered into any debate about whether they should or should trade Fev, and therefore whether Hawthorn should or shouldn't have traded Buddy is irrelevant.

Again, read it slowly.

What I said was, is that the proof of how much Carlton want to be rid of Fev will be in what they accept.

Do you agree?

Read what I write, don't just see Hawthorn under my name and tee off.

Why should we accept a mediocre trade to please the likes of BF w***ers like you???

Suggesting he is worth only a draft pick is stupid and trolling.

read my first post again, nimrod. I said nothing of the sort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Brendan up for Trade

goodbye heart and soul of the carlton football club :(:(:(

You're kidding aren't you? I wouldn't want this bloke as the heart and soul of any club. Good player, but absolute d1ckhead.

Very very disappointed with this decision. I think Fev has been treated very badly.

I can't believe what I'm reading in here. This bloke has had enough chances and it comes a time when enough is enough. Look what happened at Geelong after they suspended Stevie J for 6 weeks. And what he did was nowhere near as bad as Fevola. Geelong grew as a club when they took a stand and hopefully that's what will happen at the Blues.

Anyway, this is just a huge stunt by the Club to appease the sponsors and some sections of the media. If you think Judd had anything to do with this, you're dreaming.

No deal will get done. He'll be there next year.

Can someone tell me cause Fev is contracted does that mean Car will have to pay half of his salary.

Depends on the conditions of the trade between the 2 clubs involved anything is possible but i dont see Carlton doing this unless the Trade is top notch involving high class players or very high draft picks.

Im sick of people telling the Carlton footy club what we should be doing. We are about winning premierships not pandering to idiots who want to weaken the club. Comments like 'Carlton should do the right thing and get rid of him' or 'will the blues have the balls to offload him' are weak and misguided comments. Whats right for your club might not be right for ours, we'll work out whats best for us so dont come here and tell what we should rightfully do.

It's not all outside pressure! I personally rate Judd and other players who were there on brownlow night and Fev went too far disrepecting them and their partners by all reports. This would have been taken into account! He personally came out and said he went too far with his peers in football so there is truth to it. The guy has to go for internal reasons as well, so it is not just outside pressure!

Piss off Troll.

Would you accept this deal for Buddy if the situations were reversed???

Dont make me mention Injuctions FFS.

Yes we would....remember we're the one's that moved Gary Ablett Snr on because he was trouble too!!.....although he became a great player he never played in a premiership side....we went to win 5 without him!!

Read what I write, don't just see Hawthorn under my name and tee off.

*takes hawthorn logo'd golf ball from out of pocket*

*tee's up said golf ball*

*aims straight at the Al Clarkson image*

*swings*

*connects*

*smiles*

Fev won't be traded.

Go Blues!

Re: Brendan up for Trade

Well **** me.

The statment by the club wasnt we are sacking him regardless, just he will be put up for trade.

If we dont get any good offers, what then?
It will look like the club has done the right thing. That's what! Rather than doing nothing.

We will keep him, the club is bluffing here because they know we won't get the right trade for him.

As much as I would love to see Carlton get smashed every week I think they have made the right choice with this one.

They will not only get something in return for Fev but they will create a culture at the footy club that if you're not with us 100% piss off.

Carlton may actually be paying for there no hard line approach with Fev. Had he been suspended for one of the previous incidences then maybe it wouldn't have come to this.

Good on Carlton for having the guts and no doubt this will be looked back on as a turning point to the good for them.

Hve spoken to CJ and he and Ratten made the call on behalf of the playing group, thought that a young group needed a more disciplined culture off the field to take the next step.

I am still surprised by the decison but Juddy is a straight shooter.

Does he ring you often? Checking on the fishing at Freo is he? Or calling to tell you your club is a joke? Please enlighten us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Fevola up for Trade *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back