Discussion Brendon Goddard to Essendon (Old thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are my top ten things that have peeved me off and I need to get them off my chest.

1. The handling of the Brendan Goddard situation

2. The handling of the Ross Lyon situation

3. The handling of the Luke Ball situation

4. The handling of the Seaford/Moorabbin Base situation

5. The handling of the Robert Harvey situation

6. The handling of the Max Hudghton situation

7. The handling of the St Kilda schoolgirl situation

8. The handling of the "retired players" in 2011 situation

9. The handling of the Grand Final rematch 2010

10. The handling of Fortius Quo Fidelius

You can add my childhood legend Nicky Winmar to Footscray

Call me a dreamer but my Uptopia is Banga sitting in the coaches box with Maxxie at his side, training down at Linton street and men playing for their mates and their jumper.

go back to the 70's then. it aint going to happen

Everyone is using the word 'opportunity'

The guy sees himself as a midfielder.

I reckon they'll try him there for awhile.

With all the changes and upgrades of coaches etc, what crap of a rumour

Yeah I heard it from a guy who apparently heard it from someone in the PR department at the Saints, BEFORE it was clear that BJ was leaving. I thought it was crap at the time and didn't post anything about it.

Same guy gave me an example of a player who had gone to the Saints from Carlton ( during the 90s I think ) and compared it to going to a backyard barbeque after a 5 star restaurant.

My personal thoughts are that its not relevant. Thommo did a lot towards implementing business type processes at the club, and I think the current administration have taken the business approach all the way to the top, driving it down.
Example: we could have appointed Rob Harvey "off the cuff" to be coach. ( what was the process for Watson or Blight or Thommo ).
My only doubts are where I have had personal dealings regarding my membership, it seems extremely difficult for them to put together a showbag and mail it to someone.

Given more recent posts have been concerned with where BJ coulda-shoulda-woulda been in St Kilda's pay scale, where his best position is, membership renewals, and what the bummers did in the 2009 draft, I think we're done in this thread too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Brendon Goddard to Essendon (Old thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back