Opinion Brian Cook - Carlton's rebuild still has a fair way to go

Which club is more likely to win another flag first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I see a thread bump like this I just assume it's Taper, Meow, Yoda or one of the Pies nuffs. 99% of the time that assumption is correct.

Frustrated On The Internet GIF by Offline Granny!

Stay salty campaigners

Every time I see a thread bump like this I just assume it's Taper, Meow, Yoda or one of the Pies nuffs. 99% of the time that assumption is correct.

Stay salty campaigners
Each time we see a WalshisGroat comment, we assume it is either

a) whinging about adversity that his club faces. That it (injuries, umpiring, tough draw, the moon cycle) is entirely responsible for poor performance or

b) a giant whinge about the posters who call him out for the incessant complaining he engages in.

And c) pretending to block those posters, but talking about them so frequently that there is more than a hint of obsession there. With a splash of rage as dressing. That simmering rage.

Luckily Collingwood have put racism behind them and no recent indigenous champions have had to suffer.

I would hope no clubs have put racism towards Aboriginals or anyone else behind them. I would up it is at the forefront of their planning to ensure a culturally safe workplace for all. I would hope the pain of the past drives the peace of the future.

Unfortunately, given the treatment of Indigenous people within this country, I'd be surprised if all of the older clubs didn't have skeletons in the closet when it comes to racism. We can acknowledge it, learn from it & perhaps not use it to score points as part of an idiotic debate on the internet..

Carlton still has deficiencies but for the first time in my time, we have a good operator in Cook at the helm so I'm more confident that we'll eventually get it right.

There is absolutely no part of historic abuse and racism against Aboriginals that could be seen as point scoring.

Stay salty campaigners
tbf, more comments in Essendon threads are from Carlton supporters

weird huh

I know Carlton couldn't possibly be responsible for racism against Aboriginal players. How could you possibly accept that? You do realise that only 4 Aboriginals played before Doug Nicholls. Yes, they drove him from Carlton due to the racist nature of the club. Uncle Doug was driven from Carlton before he played a game. The first Aboriginal to play was Joey Johnson, his debut against Carlton where he was racially abused from the first bounce. Own your part in the horrific history of abuse against Aboriginals in the AFL. I know how bad my club was. Recognise yours. Understand the history of racism against Aboriginals and you may start to get somewhere.

Yeah it’s more the idea we invented racism against Aboriginal players, you put a bit of extra mayo on it with that statement.

FWIW I don’t think many clubs have glowing records over the years.

tbf, more comments in Essendon threads are from Carlton supporters

weird huh
Essendon should have gone after Brian Cook.
He would have been the perfect man to bring stability and deal with the agitating coterie groups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stay salty campaigners
Cuts both ways to be honest.

I wish the dockers made finals on the back on AFL and umpires assistance just like Carlton did in 2024

I wish the dockers made finals on the back on AFL and umpires assistance just like Carlton did in 2024
You had your chance vs Port at home. Stop blaming the umpires and start looking at yourselves.

If you're referring to our game, then I can also do a "what if" there and say that if we were more accurate, the game would've been a 4-5 goal win.

You had your chance vs Port at home. Stop blaming the umpires and start looking at yourselves.

If you're referring to our game, then I can also do a "what if" there and say that if we were more accurate, the game would've been a 4-5 goal win.
Carlton robbed the dockers in gather round in round 4. That game was an 8 pointer. Had Carlton lost to Freo that game then dockers get 8th spot.

I just find it funny that despite the blues making a preliminary final in 2023, they were handed an easy draw in 2024.

But as Brian Cook is concerned, he has done the right thing for Carlton. The results on field in the last 2 or 3 seasons have proved it.

Carlton robbed the dockers in gather round in round 4. That game was an 8 pointer. Had Carlton lost to Freo that game then dockers get 8th spot.

I just find it funny that despite the blues making a preliminary final in 2023, they were handed an easy draw in 2024.

But as Brian Cook is concerned, he has done the right thing for Carlton. The results on field in the last 2 or 3 seasons have proved it.
Carlton were more dominant in general play and had several more scoring shots, so no, it was not a robbery.

You had your chance to make finals in the last round and you blew it.

What exactly was so "easy" about it? I'd actually argue that 2023 draw was easier than 2024.

Carlton were more dominant in general play and had several more scoring shots, so no, it was not a robbery.

You had your chance to make finals in the last round and you blew it.

What exactly was so "easy" about it? I'd actually argue that 2023 draw was easier than 2024.
Being able to bank 4 wins against the bottom 2 was nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Brian Cook - Carlton's rebuild still has a fair way to go

Back