Toast Bulldogs smash Norf 87-38. Lolnorf

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all over Doggies for Flag.
Great win tonight.
Is there genuine optimism in the camp?
Hunter back next week, onwards and upwards. You are a massive bogey team the betting has not reflected properly.
Schache will cover Naughton in interim, no probs. Bruce and Keath and bookends is awesome.
HEY MATE FROM GEELONG!!! Don't tell us we are that good. we don't wanna be jinxed. You guys are much better and are clear favourites, ok! The flag is yours. :);)

Cheers. The mood changes week to week, but at our best I think we can beat just about anyone. There have been some strange selections this year, but when it's a good safe squad like tonight, we do well even when we lose a player as good as Smith.
Yeah.
How is that small forward going you picked up with an early pick? Is he a ready made depth player?

HEY MATE FROM GEELONG!!! Don't tell us we are that good. we don't wanna be jinxed. You guys are much better and are clear favourites, ok! The flag is yours. :);)
Haha! Don't worry, I've been backin the Cats at 15-1 lately too.
Just think Cats and Dogs a way overs.
We need a Cats v Dogs GF for Teddy Whitten. :)
ps. Born in the West, so always had a soft spot for the Doggies...

Yeah.
How is that small forward going you picked up with an early pick? Is he a ready made depth player?

We haven't seen much from our scratch matches so not sure, though he definitely kicks goals. I'm hoping to see him debut soon, but it's also hard to take anyone else out for him to slot in. We may not have Mitch Wallis at the hub as he has a newborn, so if that happens, I think that's when Weightman will debut.

To those who are saying that Schache is clearly a better partner to Bruce than Naughton:

That may well be the case, but to conclude that after one game is a bit ridiculous. Especially a game in which our ball movement was vastly superior to the games in which Naughton played. Naughton only played three games with Bruce and in two of those we hardly got the ball forward of centre. Stop jumping the shark and getting sucked in by confirmation bias.

Happy. No idea what was going on the first 2 rounds but it’s been building and tonight we looked something like I expected. When we play like that the slightly undersized structure makes sense.

Here you go guys, Rhylee's brilliance on display here, loop playing it hundred time or someone stitch together a one-hour long version please:

His tackle stats aren't high, but he delivers a really tough performance and heaps of pressure. Can't wait to see him in a few years.

To those who are saying that Schache is clearly a better partner to Bruce than Naughton:

That may well be the case, but to conclude that after one game is a bit ridiculous. Especially a game in which our ball movement was vastly superior to the games in which Naughton played. Naughton only played three games with Bruce and in two of those we hardly got the ball forward of centre. Stop jumping the shark and getting sucked in by confirmation bias.
Not a better player. But Schache fills the role no problems when Naughton is out.

Schache will be a good player. Happy to give you a late draft pick if you want to discard though ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but aside from that, Schache is clearly a better partner to Bruce than Naughton. ;)

This win was built on relentless pressure from every player for the full 80 minutes. It created turnovers.

When the turnovers came our handling was clean and we moved the ball quickly by hand until we found a player in space with time to pick out a target and drive it forward.

The bookends - Keath and Bruce - were ruthlessly efficient with strong support roles from Cordy and Schache (and a fleet of smaller players).

The backline was well organised and very disciplined. As good a back half performance as I’ve seen from us in ages.

Opposition coaches will be concerned. North managed to shut down our star player (Bont, BoG last week) a difficult thing to do. And early in the first quarter they KO’d our overall best player so far this year (Smith). Yet we didn’t skip a beat. So who do they try to shut down next week? And all this without star players Dunkley and Naughton.

Two youngsters with barely 10 games between them (West, Vandermeer) have emerged as aggressive and creative playmakers, while Toby McLean has been quietly productive and is returning to his best form.

This is so 2016. The skill, the ball movement, the quick hands, the pressure and above all - the belief.

Make no mistake, we are in this with a genuine chance this year. So much will depend on how we cope with life in the hubs.

Replay your game on big screen and high definition please, watch closely to our players micro-expressions. Good to see them got the pride and arrogance back.

Enjoy the ride guys, we'll be good from here. like the old time 2016....

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Bulldogs smash Norf 87-38. Lolnorf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back