Opinion Can Dustin Martin be the GOAT? (Answer: no)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendlebury's known score involvements in finals series are:

2022 12 from 3 matches

2020 6.25 from 2 matches(adjusted up)

2019 6 from 2 matches

2018 17 from 4 matches

He averages barely over 3 score involvements per final. :fearscream:

Fadge, choose your battle ground better mate. Fmd. :tearsofjoy:
Using Pendlebury's score involvements from his 2018 to 2022 finals games to assess his 2011 finals performances?

This is a new low, even for you....

Using Pendlebury's score involvements from his 2018 to 2022 finals games to assess his 2011 finals performances?

That was a new sloppy low for the Martin fan boys in this thread.

I reckon next they'll try and do similar for 35 year old Ablett's finals in a team that had a 38% finals winning record during his return.

Of course we won't get to see a stack of Martin's equivalent games. But let's try MR's approach. The last 3 seasons Martin has averaged 15 disposals, 4 score involvements and 1 goal as a forward in finals aged 30-32 (Pendlebury's 2018-2020 years)...

Never forget.

Next day...

I’ll admit, you’re the first person I’ve ever blocked. But I found it too intriguing to know the dribble you were writing and I couldn’t see it (I thought it wouldn’t show up at all, not with ‘spoiler’ on it). Needless to say you haven’t disappointed me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’ll admit, you’re the first person I’ve ever blocked. But I found it too intriguing to know the dribble you were writing and I couldn’t see it (I thought it wouldn’t show up at all, not with ‘spoiler’ on it). Needless to say you haven’t disappointed me.

I think the word you were after was drivel. I'm not surprised that we're pushing you to your intellectual boundaries at this point.

As for the rest "Ahaha I'm enjoying myself so much that others don't share my opinion, watch me perform my mastery", one image comes to mind.

1693129194629.jpeg

Keep on pluggin' away, you'll get there eventually. This thread is something of a safety zone, the AA thread cameo was hilarious though.

I think the word you were after was drivel. I'm not surprised that we're pushing you to your intellectual boundaries at this point.

As for the rest "Ahaha I'm enjoying myself so much that others don't share my opinion, watch me perform my mastery", one image comes to mind.

View attachment 1787512

Keep on pluggin' away, you'll get there eventually. This thread is something of a safety zone, the AA thread cameo was hilarious though.

Nah, you can be a bit of a cry baby and I definitely
meant dribble … I knew you’d correct me and once again, hook … line… sinker 🤣🤣

Look I have clearly hurt a lot of Geelong fans feelings as I keep getting reported, and my posts deleted

I just want to apologize and commit to considering their mental health in the future .

Even though I don’t see much of the vitriol towards me due to the ignore function , clearly I have pushed some buttons and I will try and be more considerate in the future

Look I have clearly hurt a lot of Geelong fans feelings as I keep getting reported, and my posts deleted

I just want to apologize and commit to considering their mental health in the future .

Even though I don’t see much of the vitriol towards me due to the ignore function , clearly I have pushed some buttons and I will try and be more considerate in the future

You don’t push buttons mate. We like knowing that come hell or high water there is always one poster who’s arguments we can rip the shit out of and his only comeback will be some non-factual garbage that bears little if any relationship to the topic at hand. What happens, though, is that when you post as much of it as you do, people start to question whether it is simply that you are actually silly enough to believe what you post inspite of the volumes of evidence against it, or you are merely posting it to troll other forum users. THATS how shit your posts are.

Last edited:

Never stop posting your brilliance.

Just keep it within these 4 padded walls.

We scanned Pendlebury's whole known score involvement record 2015-current.

He only had 2 runs of 3 matches with 34 or more score involvements throughout the whole period, both 35 SI's in 3 matches. 1 more than Dusty got in his 2017 finals masterclass. Only Pendlebury did it v teams v a median finishing position of 14th on the AFL Toyota Premiership ladder.

But you knew that Fadge. However I am pleased you have given me the opportunity to rustle up a few more Dusty core involvement facts and figures now.

Dusty last 9 games 2023 - 84 score involvements @ ave 9.3333 probably AFL #1 in that period.
That is a dead set mint finish to the season and any coach would kill to have him in their team in this coming finals series.

Dusty score involvements per game since records started in 2015 = 7.36

Dusty
score involvements in finals.....8.5 ave from 14 finals

Pendlebury score involvements per game since records started in 2015 = 6.4 per game

Pendlebury
score involvements in finals....3.75 ave from 11 finals.
That is ****ing putrid. McRae wishes he had Dusty this finals series. Poor bastard gets 35 yo Scott "Inverse Dusty/2" Pendlebury instead. :)

Dusty is superior in home and away matches and lifts further in finals. Pendlebury is weaker in home and away matches and falls away shockingly in finals. This is no doubt a large factor in why Richmond won 3 flags and Collingwood won one Preliminaryship.

But Pendlebury was Collingwood's best player in one final in 2011. Pendlebury should get a retrospective moral Gary Ayres Medal for that. :tearsofjoy:

But if you are so certain Pendlebury carved the 2011 finals series up Fadge, why don't you back your man in, watch the games and count up his score involvements. Then to be fair to your idol we can adjust them for the overall scores in those matches(127 scores in SP's 3 x 2011 finals v 139 scores in Dusty's 3 x 2017 finals.)

Just watch the games, record the time of each score involvement so we can verify, and tell us how many more than 34 score involvements Pendlebury got in his signature finals series...:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fadge with Noidy we've got a new badge of honour to work towards: the rage quit "I'm blocking you for now!" followed by mouth frothing rambles the very next day.

Lift your game mate, this one is even better than a blaisee or MR block.

Dusty last 9 games 2023 - 84 score involvements @ ave 9.3333 probably AFL #1 in that period.
I couldn't be bothered reading your whole post but the bolded part jumped off the page and simply couldn't be ignored...

'PROBABALY AFL #1 IN THAT PERIOD'.

Basically sums up the whole pro-Dusty debate - 'I CBF'd doing any research, and dont watch teams other than Richmond play, but surely noone else was as good as our boy Dusty!'

I couldn't be bothered reading your whole post but the bolded part jumped off the page and simply couldn't be ignored...

Basically sums up the whole pro-Dusty debate - 'I CBF'd doing any research, and dont watch teams other than Richmond play, but surely noone else was as good as our boy Dusty!'

Haha, Dusty's form improving from good to best as the season has progressed has infuriated you Fadge.

All the research is there in my post and your position can be summed up as "I CBF'd reading facts when they are presented so I will accuse whoever presents facts of not being f'd finding out the facts."

Very very Fadge. :)

Why don't you "can be ****ed" and tell us how many score involvements Pendlebury had in his 2011 finals masterclass. ;)

I wonder if he was "probably #1" during that quiet first half of the season. I'm sure there was a good reason to only focus on the last part of the season, by which point Richmond's goose was already cooked. His best two games came when it was impossible for them to make finals. For a "big time" player you couldn't make that up.

Pendlebury and Dangerfield by comparison were great in the first section of the season to set their team up (Dangers hammy then broken ribs first game back were death knells for our season; Pendles staying injury free undoubtedly helped the Pies stay at the top).

What's the point of a wet sail if your boat is already half sunk?

Bad day for the haters, its been a bad year, well its been a bad decade to be honest

Not bad for a washed up footballer who has had an "average" or "decent" season

Dustin Martin has been selected in the All Australian squad of 44 players for season 2023

Reading this thread through, must be an embarrassing, but hopefully humbling process for the prolific, public haters of all things Dustin Martin

It is quite incredible that Dusty could still be considered arguably the best player in the competition, even though he is 32 years old

I guess that is why he is the goat.

I am not expecting any apologies form the usual suspects, I would not actually see them anyway as I have them on ignore, but I do hope in time, they find the peace of mind to deal with the reality that is all things Dustin Martin, not for me, not for Dusty, but for their own piece of mind, as I can only imagine how much emotional energy it must be taking to argue against something you do not believe in

Incredible that he is still playing at this level at 32 years old, goatish actually.

Bad day for the haters, its been a bad year, well its been a bad decade to be honest

Dustin Martin has been selected in the All Australian squad of 44 players for season 2023

Reading this thread through, must be an embarrassing, but hopefully humbling process for the prolific, public haters of all things Dustin Martin

It is quite incredible that Dusty could still be considered arguably the best player in the competition, even though he is 32 years old

I am not expecting any apologies form the usual suspects, I would not actually see them anyway as I have them on ignore, but I do hope in time, they find the peace of mind to deal with the reality that is all things Dustin Martin, not for me, not for Dusty, but for their own piece of mind, as I can only imagine how much emotional energy it must be taking to argue against something you do not believe in

Incredible that he is still playing at this level at 32 years old, goatish actually.

But but but you don't understand. The AA selectors, who are normally perfect in their judgement, this is the one and only error they have ever made, including Dusty in the 44 man squad. :tearsofjoy:

Yes, his 2023 season has been rated as highly as Mason Redman, Luke Ryan, Luke Breust and Patrick Cripps. Uncork the champagne.

You do realise this essay is the most clean admission of premature ejaculation ever seen on BigFooty, right?

After hearing for the past two years how irrelevant AA selections are, we're now hearing how GOATish Martin is for being selected in the AA Squad.

Who would expect anything less?
The thread ALWAYS delivers. Changing perspectives on a dime depending on how something could fit a narrative. You have to doff your cap to such unbridled flexibility.

Now that AA is back as a credible award, we can see if Dusty catches Dangerfield or Pendlebury - just to name two other veteran champs - AA number of selections before retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Can Dustin Martin be the GOAT? (Answer: no)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back