Can Sam Walsh be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

The OP of the Daicos thread is surrounded by equally as blind Nicky sycophants who preach the same drivel as he does.

The irony here is this thread was made by a troll as a troll in response to a troll, but the Nicky thread was made in total seriousness by a troll who still doesn't realize that everyone in that thread is just there to take the piss out of him and his padawans.
Hmmmm.

So every football observer, analyst and media commentator who has rated Daicos as one of, if not the very best players in the game, and tracking to be an all time great of the game, are merely my 'padawans'?

Interesting.

Hmmmm.

So every football observer, analyst and media commentator who has rated Daicos as one of, if not the very best players in the game, and tracking to be an all time great of the game, are merely my 'padawans'?

Interesting.
Remind me the last time any media commentators or analysts popped on over to the Nicky GOAT thread?

Interested to know what Collingwood supporters think of the kidGOAT as compared to their list of best players for Collingwood - forget other teams is teh kidGOAT already as good as or better than any other player who has ever worn the prison bars for the dirty birds.

Interested to know what Collingwood supporters think of the kidGOAT as compared to their list of best players for Collingwood - forget other teams is teh kidGOAT already as good as or better than any other player who has ever worn the prison bars for the dirty birds.
He's tracking to be the best, which is the point of the thread.

If his career stopped tomorrow, clearly he wouldn't be anywhere near the likes of Pendlebury, Buckley, Swan, etc.

It really is a simple concept. I'm not sure if it's that you guys are unable or unwilling to grasp it...

He's tracking to be the best, which is the point of the thread.

If his career stopped tomorrow, clearly he wouldn't be anywhere near the likes of Pendlebury, Buckley, Swan, etc.

It really is a simple concept. I'm not sure if it's that you guys are unable or unwilling to grasp it...
Doubt they will be able to understand Fadgey. I mean you're arguing with a guy who named himself "Walshistheqoat" on Bigfooty. Nuff said.
Anyway... Back to the thread topic.
We were discussing how Sam Walsh is yet another #1 pick that Carlton have screwed up.
Kruezer, Murphy, Gibbs, Walsh. What an average bunch.

Doubt they will be able to understand Fadgey. I mean you're arguing with a guy who named himself "Walshistheqoat" on Bigfooty. Nuff said.
We were discussing how Sam Walsh is yet another #1 pick that Carlton have screwed up.
One played over 300 games the other two over 200 games and Walsh was named best finals player in the last finals series. You have made some average posts mate but you get a number 1 pick for this one.

You didn't respond to my previous reply to you, old mate. Get to it! Slimy to back off like that after your "clever snipe".

One played over 300 games the other two over 200 games and Walsh was named best finals player in the last finals series. You have made some average posts mate but you get a number 1 pick for this one.
That's nice.

How many premierships between them?

Is it really true the closest either of them got to a premiership was when Bryce Gibbs landed at Adelaide a month after they lost the 2017 Grand Final?

You didn't respond to my previous reply to you, old mate. Get to it! Slimy to back off like that after your "clever snipe".
I gave your rubbish all the response it deserved. If you want a reach around just whistle Fudgey.

If you're happy with that ordinary crop from your hard earned #1 picks then it says it all

Josh Fraser was worse than all of those picks. Go figure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a weird conclusion you came to.

I said Walsh had a fantastic run for about half a season's worth of games and has dropped off since. This, by the way, is also a consensus view among Carlton supporters.

Arguing and mockery for the sake of it is simply lowering your colours. It's difficult for me to figure out why that brings you joy.
JustaBattler looks to me like you were battling yet again, look at what this was in reply to. Surely you could've thought of 5 words that sounded clever? Or just admit that your drive by was moronic and you'd like to take it back. As for the "reach around" comment, that's just the amount of class I've come to expect from you. Deep down you must be embarrassed at a lot of the stuff you come up with.

Reckon if that draft was done now...

1. Butters
2. Rankine
3. B King
4. M King
5. Bobby Hill
6. Rozee
7. Blakey
8. Jordan Clark
9. Briggs
10. Bailey Smith

No Walsh 👎

Bobby Hill is the most on/off player in the league. I either think he’s not playing or he goes and kicks 4 every 4-5 games.

Hence I think he’s just a little better than Riley Collier-Dawkins at pick 20

Josh Fraser was worse than all of those picks. Go figure
Josh Fraser was average I agree. But he wasn't worse. He's in the same bracket of average #1 picks as Kruezer, Gibbs, Murphy and Walsh.
Murphy played about 80 games more than he should have. You wanted him gone for years Worm but they kept picking him because the rest of your list was trash at the time.
Gibbs was Jack Watts MK2, Kruezer was a bog average plodder. Walsh is a stat collector with no hurt factor who can't kick.
The only pick you got right was Weitering.

Josh Fraser was average I agree. But he wasn't worse. He's in the same bracket of average #1 picks as Kruezer, Gibbs, Murphy and Walsh.
Murphy played about 80 games more than he should have. You wanted him gone for years Worm but they kept picking him because the rest of your list was trash at the time.
Gibbs was Jack Watts MK2, Kruezer was a bog average plodder. Walsh is a stat collector with no hurt factor who can't kick.
The only pick you got right was Weitering.
Marc Murphy won a AFL CA yeah ?

Walsh is a classic case of number one draft pick syndrome. Every good thing he does is amplified to the multiple ten by the media. And his deficiencies are swept under the carpet. Additionally, he has the good fortune of playing alongside a genuine star, who further masks his deficiencies. Would you rely on Walsh to pick up your entire team and carry them over the line as Cripps did last week? No way in hell. He reminds me of a Tim Taranto style player and not coincidentally the media were fawning over that early draft pick too, not so long ago.

A bit of perspective please. Playing 300 games for the Blues during that period is the equivalent of a career of roughly 80 games for a top club like the Pies. Playing 200 games at the Blues is worth around 50 games at the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Sam Walsh be the GOAT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back