Remove this Banner Ad

Results we want:
  • hawks thump North
  • giants beat dogs
  • Carlton beat saints
  • Freo beat port

We play Carlton at the G and Dogs miss finals
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Shame we lost to the Giants. A win tomorrow and we would have displaced the Cats in the top 4. We would have been a genuine contender. Too much travelling finishing 5-8 and almost impossible to win the flag from there.
Tough ask, but it's possible. I think were a genuine contender. The bye has changed the dynamic of the finals a lot. If results go in certain ways we might only have to travel once on the way to the Granny. Also never under estimate the importance of momentum/the vibe etc. We've got it. Just need to ruthlessly dispatch Norf on the Saturday. What a year. Go Hawks.

Here's what I think will happen:
  • Hawks will comfortably beat North
  • Port will beat Freo, not by much. 10-20 points.
  • Carlton will take St Kilda too lightly and lose.
  • GWS will beat bulldogs (who continue to be red hot or ice cold).

This would leave the finals

5th - Lions (14.5 wins)
6th - Hawks (14 wins)
7th - Bulldogs (13 wins)
8th - Carlton (13 wins)

5th - Lions (14.5 wins)
6th - Hawks (14 wins)
7th - Bulldogs (13 wins)
8th - Carlton (13 wins)
If only the Drug Pigs could pull one out against Brisbane, we could finish 5th and host Carlton. Not that I condone supporting Drug Pigs, but given their season is over and it'd help us, it wouldn't be the worst.

Looking a little ahead- Geelong get their obligatory soft kill at their dump gift wrapped by the AFL pre finals, that could be 100 points the eagles are horrendous.

Dogs beat GWS, Cats leap frog into 3rd and play Port who I think beat Freo.

That would put us on Geelongs side of the draw for week 2 should we win week 1.
The Cats have the weakest % in the 8 and have been ordinary since their 7-0 start.
That’s the path to a prelim and from there anything can happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear the dogs. They have the fwds that can trouble the hawks and are the other team in red hot form.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
I agree, they have the midfield to give the forwards enough supply. On their day that forward line is very potent. If Darcy, Naughton and Jamara get enough ball it will get dicey.

Last edited:

5th - Lions (14.5 wins)
6th - Hawks (14 wins)
7th - Bulldogs (13 wins)
8th - Carlton (13 wins)
and Blues are travelling back from WA, which makes it a tougher task

I fear the dogs. They have the fwds that can trouble the hawks and are the other team in red hot form.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
They’d be the toughest match up at the MCG of the three, but they’re also pretty flakey still.

8 goal loss to Port the week we lost to Cats down in Geelong. 6 goal loss to Crows just last week. Close win over Carlton when they haven’t been flying.

They do have dominant forwards but they can have poor conversion.

I respect them. I think we’d be a 50/50 against them right now. I’d be worried we wouldn’t win but far from fear.

and Blues are travelling back from WA, which makes it a tougher task
My pessimistic take is this:

my nerves are shot through elevated expectations. Another scenario is Hawks lose to clarko, carlton and freo both win and we are done. We have been up for such a long time, now have several players with soreness, so not all done and dusted yet.

AND, we play first, so no opportunity to relax. Please keep going hawks.

My pessimistic take is this:

my nerves are shot through elevated expectations. Another scenario is Hawks lose to clarko, carlton and freo both win and we are done. We have been up for such a long time, now have several players with soreness, so not all done and dusted yet.

AND, we play first, so no opportunity to relax. Please keep going hawks.
haha yep i'm with you, but for all 3 results to go against us we'd be very stiff.

Assuming hawks beat north comfortably, what needs to happen to have a stress free Sunday?

Carlton wins by no more than about 220 points. If Carlton get up to about a 150 point lead against St Kilda at some point during the game then it will be time to get out the smelling salts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back