Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming hawks beat north comfortably, what needs to happen to have a stress free Sunday?
Yep, if we beat North comfortably then the Sunday games don't really matter in terms of making the 8.

They will just determine who we play.

No matter what happens from here on, we have to recognise what a monumental turnaround it's been, thanks mostly to Sammy. We're on the verge of DOUBLING our wins from last year, and being apparently only the third side in all of history to play finals after being zip and five.

Simply astonishing, and something to be very proud of.

Even if wily Clarko gets his roos up, and they play well above themselves and happen to arse a victory against us and we miss finals, getting to 13 wins this year after seven last year is still amazing.

No matter what happens from here on, we have to recognise what a monumental turnaround it's been, thanks mostly to Sammy. We're on the verge of DOUBLING our wins from last year, and being apparently only the third side in all of history to play finals after being zip and five.

Simply astonishing, and something to be very proud of.

Even if wily Clarko gets his roos up, and they play well above themselves and happen to arse a victory against us and we miss finals, getting to 13 wins this year after seven last year is still amazing.
I wanted to like your post mate but there is no way North are beating us this week mate. What i am more concerned with is the soft lead into finals

Here's what I think will happen:
  • Hawks will comfortably beat North
  • Port will beat Freo, not by much. 10-20 points.
  • Carlton will take St Kilda too lightly and lose.
  • GWS will beat bulldogs (who continue to be red hot or ice cold).

This would leave the finals

5th - Lions (14.5 wins)
6th - Hawks (14 wins)
7th - Bulldogs (13 wins)
8th - Carlton (13 wins)

Could see Essendon beating Brisbane also, but could Geelong take WC very lightly and rest danger and it backfire on them.

I wanted to like your post mate but there is no way North are beating us this week mate. What i am more concerned with is the soft lead into finals
Maybe from the perspective of playing a quality system based team but ask Newk and Frenchie….. whether it was driven by their coach or not (by the weak 1st quarter effort) it raised the head of some of the Tiger snipers to fly the flag and we didn’t show any softness in some incidents which bodes well for finals footy. Lucky Meek’s physical presence kept Nank in check as was waiting for him to smash someone given the opportunity. Good that Lynch is injured as he’s another one!

It actually got me going a bit towards the end and had to control myself with the darls sitting beside me. F Richmond don’t like the campaigners at all

Last edited:

I’ve decided to stop saying ‘no way’ this season. Just been so many left field results.

But I’ll let you say it and live vicariously through you ;)

I’ve decided to stop saying ‘no way’ this season. Just been so many left field results.

Not by us mate we r 12 and 2 over the last 14 weeks. Geelong and GWS the losses. I mean they should have built that trust in you. But I can be that guy if u wish.

I'll take your vicarious life... haha 😉.

No honest person would have said that the Hawks would be in this position at the start of the year, let alone after round 5.

I get your statement and give you this:

I don't know if others will get this but...

Here is a Military Cadence (Jody) - I Dont Know What I've Been Told - for the Hawks. (Jody refers to the person with whom a servicemember’s significant other cheats while they are deployed).

It is sung during formation running or other work by the sergeant and sung back by his troops.

If you want the tune:

Sergeant: I. don't. know. but. I've. been. told.
Troops: I don't know but I've been told
The. finals. will-see. the. Brown. and. Gold.
The finals will-see the Brown and Gold
Jody. said. that. we. had. Tanked.
Jody said that we had Tanked
But. his. d!ck. he'd. clearly. yanked.
But his d!ck he'd clearly yanked.
Sergeant: One. two. three. four. Hawks. on. the. scoreboard.
Troops: One two three four Hawks on the scoreboard

Sergeant My. Hawks.
Troops: My Hawks
Your. Hawks.
Your Hawks
Our. Hawks.
Our Hawks
The. Hawks.
The Hawks

Sergeant. Sound. off.
Troops: Brown & Gold
Sound. off.
Haw - Thorn
Sound off
Troops: Brown & Gold Haw-thorn, Brown & Gold... HAWTHORN.

And from a great movie:

if you were coach for the remainder of the season

would you rest players against north or play an available full strength team?

is that flirting with form or does 2 weeks give enough time to reset?

Full strength as could miss finals if lose.

Would argue coming into an important game without testing yourself physically in a proper AFL game after 2 weeks off is worse preparation than just the one. No need to rest players now.

Here's what I think will happen:
  • Hawks will comfortably beat North
  • Port will beat Freo, not by much. 10-20 points.
  • Carlton will take St Kilda too lightly and lose.
  • GWS will beat bulldogs (who continue to be red hot or ice cold).

This would leave the finals

5th - Lions (14.5 wins)
6th - Hawks (14 wins)
7th - Bulldogs (13 wins)
8th - Carlton (13 wins)
Dogs lose their out mate. They have 9 losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are to make finals I hope Giants and Dockers win also.

Don’t really want to face the Dogs week 1.
West Coast to show the barest competitive edge against Geelong, Scum to pinch one at the Gabba, top 4 finish!

My weekend dream scenario goes like this..

Saturday arvo, crack a few beers watch the hawks steamroll norf.

Sunday morning..
Egg and bacon roll on the couch, crack a coldie at 12, watch the giants roll the dogs, into laughing at Carlton fall over after taking the Saints too lightly, into Freo winning.

Hawks play Freo at G into GeeLOL in the semi into GWS then we can dream..

If we are to make finals I hope Giants and Dockers win also.

Don’t really want to face the Dogs week 1.
Neither do I. Have bad flashbacks of the ThrowDogs and their 3 colourful mates shafting us time and again. If the Tigers could get flogged in almost every stat on Sunday and still win free kicks 19-11, imagine the ride Footscray will get in a final

My weekend dream scenario goes like this..

Saturday arvo, crack a few beers watch the hawks steamroll norf.

Sunday morning..
Egg and bacon roll on the couch, crack a coldie at 12, watch the giants roll the dogs, into laughing at Carlton fall over after taking the Saints too lightly, into Freo winning.

Hawks play Freo at G into GeeLOL in the semi into GWS then we can dream..
So itll be hawks fall over line by 1pt
no eggs and bacon in the house. Fridge breaks and dogs smash gws, carlton by 90 over Aints and poort get the chocs.

Hawks away to brisbane into GWS into Port away :(

Anyone, anywhere. Beat North and we'll be the only team in the finals without the weight of expectation. We've already far exceeded what everyone thought would, let the others choke under the pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back