Carlton Blues eyeing Andrejs Everitt in trade deal with Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to think that the main thing with Everitt is working our what position he is best suited to and where he feels comfortable. Sometimes he looks a bit uncomfortable in defence, especially deep. Maybe a tall winger is his best spot.

Would be good to find a position for him and settle him down there, especially early in his career.

He's 194 cm and only 20. Has shown good signs in 23 games since debuting in round 14 07, meaning he's played about 50% of all games since then. A few more pre-seasons and he will be a valuable asset, I would not trade him if I was in charge.

I tend to think that the main thing with Everitt is working our what position he is best suited to and where he feels comfortable. Sometimes he looks a bit uncomfortable in defence, especially deep. Maybe a tall winger is his best spot.

Would be good to find a position for him and settle him down there, especially early in his career.

I think this is the problem. He's been played out of position a bit and they only started playing him on the wing and up forward late in the season. We know he has the talent he just needs to find the right position.

Come on guys, give Carlton a break! everybody knows we have so many talented young talls down at the kennel that coughing one up to Carlton for a second round pick wont be a problem.

It sounded like Denham was spinning some crap again on the "Bulldogs bashing hour" on SEN just now.

Denham said.

"Everitt is definately out of favour with the bulldogs"

"Everitt isn't happy with the club or the coach"

"Everitt will be more than likely not at the Bulldogs next year".

If Everitt is so unhappy with the club and coach(according to Denham), why did he sign a contract a few weeks ago? Why not just remain unsigned, and have more bargaining power with regards to what club he goes to.

It sounded like Denham was spinning some crap again on the "Bulldogs bashing hour" on SEN just now.

Denham said.

If Everitt is so unhappy with the club and coach(according to Denham), why did he sign a contract a few weeks ago? Why not just remain unsigned, and have more bargaining power with regards to what club he goes to.

Yep spot on, he's just signed. I think Mr Denham has it in for the dogs, his comments are very strange about our older players and Everitt, on the eve of a prelim...I think he's trying to distract them...

Not sure why he would do that, but its not the first time he's sunk the slipper in.

Just as an aside, Denham sounds absolutely shocking on the radio. He should work as an undertaker. The way he talks, it sounds as if he is organising the funeral arrangments with the family of the departed.

A bit of ooomph in the voice wouldn't go astray.

I think there would have to be a third party involved if any deal was to be done.

Perhaps if we could somehow structure it so we got say Daniel Wells from North, with Everitt to Carlton and our 3rd round pick to the Roos, with Carlton's 2nd round pick to the Roos too. Or something like that anyway.

I just don't see Grigg improving the Dogs, whereas Everitt does offer something - as we saw in Round 22...

I think there would have to be a third party involved if any deal was to be done.

Perhaps if we could somehow structure it so we got say Daniel Wells from North, with Everitt to Carlton and our 3rd round pick to the Roos, with Carlton's 2nd round pick to the Roos too. Or something like that anyway.

I just don't see Grigg improving the Dogs, whereas Everitt does offer something - as we saw in Round 22...

That's exactly what we need, another soft outside runner who is lazy. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But is he on the verge of becoming a regular player?

He's been overlooked a bit this season.

you would think that Welsh and Eagleton (due to age and list management) might be in their last seasons that will open up some spots with Everitt leading the way to fill one of them, now it will be up to him to make it is own and have a big pre season.

then you look some depth players in Skipper and Wight could be delisted, meaning we could be losing 4 players from our top 30 players, so if we traded Everitt for a draft pick thats alot of depth to lose, with only Hall looking like the only player to come in to the side.

Even if Everitt did want to venture over to Carlton - I think it would be nigh on impossible trying to accomodate a trade that satisfies the Bulldogs.

Given that Pick #11 is stated to be out of bounds, that leaves us with Pick #27 - or any other pick we manage to gain via trade week (for someone like Kade Simpson).

There is too much of a gap between our best and worst players - and at the end of the day, the Doggies want tall athletic forwards, which is exactly what we need also.

There is too much of a gap between our best and worst players

That is true, and having a recruiting strategy whereby you are trying to pick the best young talent from other clubs every year is only going to worsen the situation.

You have Judd on 1 + something Million a year, Fev on 700 or so, Stephens on plenty, then the young guys Murphy, Gibbs, Kruezer would be all heavily looked after. You went out and traded for Warnock last year who would be earning a fair packet. In summary, the bulk of your salary cap is being soaked up by 8 or so players. There is hardly much left over for the remaining 30 or so that have to fill up the list. Hence your huge disparity between the best and your worst.

You should try and get into the habit of getting the bulk of your quality players through the draft. Cheaper and easier to do. Yes, go out and get a star now and again from another club, but it should be the exception rather than the norm.

Clubs like Geelong win flags with A or B grade players through the whole 22. A club with 6 A graders, 1 B grader, and 15 C,D and E graders is never going to seriously challenge for a flag.

Is it really so unreasonable to suggest that you might accept pick 27 for a guy who can't get a regular game?

How much do you want for a player who isn't best 22 after three years in the system?

Surely you don't think your fringe players command a first-rounder in return. Keep it real.
3 years in a system in a top club is hard and 3 years isnt that long for a guy who is about 194cm. He is worth more than pick 27. Very few players KP players become good players within 3 years. Carlton would be getting an absolute steal.

It may come as a surprise to some people but the Bulldogs are actually short of good quality tall players. Everitt is 193cm and just starting to fill out (he was listed as only 87kg this year). Why would we trade out player types that we are desperately short of in return for yet another useful small/medium sized player when we already have so many of them we can't give them all a run?

Next season is the year Everitt needs to put the big effort in. If he does, a regular senior spot is his for the taking.

Interesting to note, now that I have re-read the article ...

That Denham suggests that Everitt has been offered up to the blues.

is understood to have been offered up to the Blues in exchange for a draft selection, and possibly a player.

hmm ... if true, then perhaps the Bulldogs have someone in mind already?

No, Denham is a West Coat supporter.

Not so sure the article is drivel to be honest.

Everitt is a first round selection who has failed to command a regular senior game now for 2 seasons. His form hardly warrants a trade for a first rounder in my view.
Everitt is just 20, so I don't know why he would be traded after re-signing. :confused:

Yet you make a good point about his trade value.

Mitch Thorp was a first rounder in 2006, so he has to be worth that now. ;) :rolleyes:
Plenty of quotes from Swan, so Carlton are seriously after him.

What player could the Blues offer in exchange?
This is the first article I've seen that's had quotes from a CEO or club official. :eek: :D

I'd trade 27 and 11 for Everitt and the Dogs' first pick to give them an upgrade.

Denham said.

Denham is a w**ker of epic proportions.

His hatred of the Dogs is clear because he's always banging on about us having salary cap problems, no money, etc etc.

It's no wonder Sam Newman made that speech trashing the football media the other night - he was absolutely spot on.

I like the way he had to pad the article out by giving a run down on Peter Everitts career. Very poorly written piece. The only reason we would trade skinny is if we want something in the draft that wont be there with our second pick. Would be very surprised and pissed off if we did trade him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Blues eyeing Andrejs Everitt in trade deal with Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back