Carlton Blues eyeing Andrejs Everitt in trade deal with Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

How has he been playing in the 2nds? I thought he'd be getting a regular gig this year in the Senior team, but obviously something has kept him out. Can he play as a Key Defender?

Carlton chief executive Greg Swan confirmed yesterday his club's interest in the younger brother of recently retired ruckman Peter Everitt, but declared the Blues would not part with its first-round pick, No11 overall.

Stefoid recently announced his interest in sleeping with Heidi Klum, famous supermodel, but declared he would not part with more than $100 for dinner.

Western Bulldog tragic Wombat confirmed today his interest in a menage a trois with mother and daughter, Goldie Hawn and Kate Hudson, but declared he would have to get his wife's permission first. :cool:

oh please don't say it's true... I would never accept that... why would Everitt be rated higher than Austin...

He wouldn't be. That deal is a backward step for the club and the club isn't that stupid.

Wouldn't even trade Austin in a straight deal for Everitt let alone in an exchange for second and third round picks.

If WBD trade Everitt for a 2nd round pick it will be an incredibly stupid move. He's already contracted for 2010-2011 so they have 2 years to see if he can fulfill his potential....& we all know that tall athletic forwards can take a lot longer to realise their potential--provided his attitude off the field is ok (& this I have no idea) I'd be sticking with him rather than offload him just when he seems ready to take the next step.

He better not leave the kennel!
I hope our new recruiters aren't of the Peter Rhode style era of doing sh!t trades.

He wouldn't be. That deal is a backward step for the club and the club isn't that stupid.

Wouldn't even trade Austin in a straight deal for Everitt let alone in an exchange for second and third round picks.

Hahaha...I thought you meant a backward step for the Dogs!

...actually, that would be a huge backward step for the Dogs...hahaha

How has he been playing in the 2nds?
Pretty Crap
I thought he'd be getting a regular gig this year in the Senior team, but obviously something has kept him out. Inconsistency
Can he play as a Key Defender?No, more suited to flanks or wing, doesn't read play well enough to play KP

Everitt wont leave.
He's still developing and he will be a big part of our team next year.
Now that our backline is quite solid expect him to play a Jared Brennan type role.
He showed against Collingwood what he's capable of, and I think the Dogs have great belief in him.
Besides, he has the famous number 3. He cant give that up :p

guys im not on here to stir the pot, because i believe that this will be a difficult trade to be agreed upon, but to those of you who think that this is a crop i ask you one question...

why the hell would Denham want to write something like this, without any substance, knowing that if he is wrong and Swann comes out and says that we are not interested in Everitt, he would be made to look like an idiot?

I couldnt imagin anyone wanting to be made to look like a fool for no particular reason...

There just may be something in this... just dont shoot the messenger.

good luck tonight :thumbsu:

guys im not on here to stir the pot, because i believe that this will be a difficult trade to be agreed upon, but to those of you who think that this is a crop i ask you one question...

why the hell would Denham want to write something like this, without any substance, knowing that if he is wrong and Swann comes out and says that we are not interested in Everitt, he would be made to look like an idiot?

I couldnt imagin anyone wanting to be made to look like a fool for no particular reason...

There just may be something in this... just dont shoot the messenger.

good luck tonight :thumbsu:

There is no doubt Carlton is interested in Everitt, and he was right in saying this. Its just all the other crap he said regarding Everitt not being happy and being out of favour with the coaching staff.

Going after Everitt and actually getting Everitt are two different things. The fact he is contracted for another 2 years makes it alot harder for you considering your first round pick is off the table, and the fact we never wanted to trade him in the first place.

You don't know what you have lost until its gone.

Noway will I trade Everitt for a second round pick. Yes he isn't in the regular 22 and yes he is developing but he seems like the sort of player that will bite us in the backside in years to come if we let him go. I honestlt reckon he will ome good next season though so we better hold on to our Number 3.

the dogs wont let young everitt go for cartoons 2nd round pick , if at all

the doggies could easily get a pick between 15-20 for him.

i as a richmond supporter would be wrapped if the tiger made a bit for him

would be more than happy to part with pick 19 for him

also not that it would happen but what would the doggie fans think of

tuck + pick 35

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the first player thrown up that would fill a serious need for us, so I reckon this is on the money.

As for the fact that he's contracted, I would suggest 50% of players are when they're traded. Clubs don't generally leave players with value unsigned ahead of trade period. That doesn't mean they won't consider trading them.

Our recent history is of getting trades done, so I will follow this one with interest. Our 2nd rounder and a player IMO.

Hahaha...I thought you meant a backward step for the Dogs!

...actually, that would be a huge backward step for the Dogs...hahaha

Each to their own.

I'd be guessing that you haven't seen enough of Austin to be making that judgment. Have followed his development from day 1 and I'll go as far to say that he'll be a massive part of our setup going forward.

Everitt and Austin are at similar stages in their development, only Austin is more filled out and has the ability to play on the big boys, whereas Everitt is more suited to running and carrying out of the back half. I'll maintain a trade of 2nd and 3rd round picks would be a bad move for our club. In fact, the club wouldn't even consider it.

We're after a defender. Trading one of our most promising ones for another one would make no sense what so ever.

Yeah Austin is pretty much off limits. We've given him a few years in the system to find his feet and get his body right for AFL footy. It'd be crazy to trade him just before he pays us back for all our patience.

I guess the Dogs could say the same thing about Everitt, however Carlton wouldn't be officially commenting on a potential trade for him if the Dogs weren't seriously considering letting the bloke go.

Each to their own.

I'd be guessing that you haven't seen enough of Austin to be making that judgment. Have followed his development from day 1 and I'll go as far to say that he'll be a massive part of our setup going forward.

Everitt and Austin are at similar stages in their development, only Austin is more filled out and has the ability to play on the big boys, whereas Everitt is more suited to running and carrying out of the back half. I'll maintain a trade of 2nd and 3rd round picks would be a bad move for our club. In fact, the club wouldn't even consider it.

We're after a defender. Trading one of our most promising ones for another one would make no sense what so ever.

You make some interesting points. Hope you can fill me in on a few questions:

How old is Austin? Height/weight?
When was he drafted?
How many senior games hs he played?

You make some interesting points. Hope you can fill me in on a few questions:

How old is Austin? Height/weight?
When was he drafted?
How many senior games hs he played?
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/players/playerprofile/markaustin/tabid/7854/playerid/15479/category/senior/season/2009/selected/bio/default.aspx

187958.jpg

Bottom ager picked in the 2006 NAB AFL Draft 3rd round selection (Carlton) No. 35.

A former AIS player and one of Gibbs' best mates from Glenelg who missed the champs due to injury.

It's hard to see him moving across when he's roommates with Gibbs and Jacobs...

And the club are happy with his development...

Yeah Austin is pretty much off limits. We've given him a few years in the system to find his feet and get his body right for AFL footy. It'd be crazy to trade him just before he pays us back for all our patience.

I guess the Dogs could say the same thing about Everitt, however Carlton wouldn't be officially commenting on a potential trade for him if the Dogs weren't seriously considering letting the bloke go.
Or the Dogs might be interested in trading for a versatile KPP who has played at both ends of the ground.

Smart move by the Dogs, but I hope we say no.

With Everitt being contracted and with six clubs(reportable) after him, whoever gets him will have to pay over the odds.

Personally I don't rate Everitt and won't be sad to see him go if he does.

With Everitt being contracted and with six clubs(reportable) after him, whoever gets him will have to pay over the odds.

Personally I don't rate Everitt and won't be sad to see him go if he does.

Maybe, but the player has a say in where he goes. If he demands to be traded to one club all the other offers become meaningless.

I'm not claiming that Everitt has chosen Carlton btw.

the dogs wont let young everitt go for cartoons 2nd round pick , if at all

the doggies could easily get a pick between 15-20 for him.

i as a richmond supporter would be wrapped if the tiger made a bit for him

would be more than happy to part with pick 19 for him

also not that it would happen but what would the doggie fans think of

tuck + pick 35

Pick 15 does not equate to Tuck and Pick 35, my friend.

Dogs won't get Austin.
Pick 27 & Fisher may just be of some interest but may just not be enough to get it over the line.
It may need another young player, but I hope Browne is not on the table for this one.

Maybe, but the player has a say in where he goes. If he demands to be traded to one club all the other offers become meaningless.

Great in theory but Everitt has just signed a contract about a month ago. He can say he wants to go to Melbourne but he and they have no stronghold over any trade negotiations.

We rate Everitt very highly and didn't give him the No. 3 for nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Blues eyeing Andrejs Everitt in trade deal with Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back